Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    In the news today, the Gap just posted it's returns... and all though there is a 3 percent improvement in their shareholder returns... Sales are slumping... (We've seen this before right?)

Below are two links for those of you who would like to like to keep track on how BAD a manager he continues to be...

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05022504.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/23/news...0/Gap/?cnn=yes

Cell,

Sounds like a good time to start the slash and burn philosophy Pressler loves so much.
    Expand, Expand, Expand - OOPS !!! CUT CUT CUT!!!

I am glad reason and sense has been restored to the Disney Parks Hierarchy.

Long live the King!!! - Hail to The King of Disneyland - Matt Quimet.

WDI

• Minion

You are right Orcatime, but They do deserve our cheers and undying praises right now just for saving the park before it crumbled to the ground.

The serious accidents that have taken lives, and severely injured others can all be traced back to maintinence or lack of training. It caused over forty years of public faith in the company to be shaken to its foundation. That is the legecy of Paul Pressler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    He only sets short term goals. Wait a few years, I bet GAP will fall apart. The man has no vision.
    Based on the Motley Fool article and the CNN article, perhaps it has started already. I do agree that less innovation is reqired to run a retail outlet than a much-loved theme park, but I think his short-sighted style will get him in the end. I just can't belive that selfish behavior will breed success.
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 03-10-2005 at 09:19 PM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

How many orange T shirts and fleece can you have in your life? I think it's sooooo funny when they announce suede, the button down shirt, or denim in a really serious way as a fresh new idea you MUST run out and get.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• My Children's Father

Give the man some credit. The ANAHEIM Angels won the world series on his watch ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Give the man some credit. The ANAHEIM Angels won the world series on his watch ......
    Of course they were for sale at the time...
    Check out my other blog:

• Down Pluto!

Pressler was indeed the worst thing that has happened to Disneyland - ever...

I must disagree with those who think Paul Pressler is anything remotely resembling a good retailer. Sure he expanded the Disney Stores. Why did they fail? Primarily because they offered crap. Ask former employees (excuse me, cast members - yeah right) of the stores what they thought. I used to buy Disney items, but stopped when all that was available were slave-labor manufactured plush characters from animated features that were not all that good to begin with. He pushed the trinkets to an all-time low. Sure, they sold in the park - people want souvenirs. But the stores expanded until they collapsed under the weight of market glut - something I don't think he ever understood. He closed the unique stores in the park because they were not as "profitable". He never understood that their presence contributed greatly to the magic and that experience is golden. Short term-thinking nearly did to the park what the poorly maintained attractions did to guests... And yes - real merchandisers understand vision and long-term thinking, but only if they want their operation to be around in ten or more years. The retailers with no vision are in it for the maximum they can take and move on - not caring about what scorched earth they leave behind. This was Paul Pressler, and to a similar extent - Eisner himself.

As a shareholder I am most offended because I see Paul Pressler's reign as a reverse mortgage. Sure we got some extra capital out when times were lean, but at the end you no longer have the assets that got you the money in the first place. The man was selling the seed corn... I'm happy to see him gone both in my role as a guest and as a shareholder. Eisner is next.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    Paul Pressler was a evil being created by the evil sorceror known by some as Judge Doom.
    You know, I've often wondered wjat it would have been like to see Paul Pressler become the cartoon character we always knew he was. Like Doom at the end of Roger Rabbit.

Paul Pressler:
    When I dreamed up California Adventure...(his voice growing squeakier with every word) I talked just(pause) like(pause) thisssssssss!
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234