Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Will George K. rescue DL's 55th, or is DL's Birthday Celebration already doomed?

Unfortunately, I think that this big plan is ruined. Unless they surprise us (which I doubt), we'll have to wait for the 60th.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

Re: Will George K. rescue DL's 55th, or is DL's Birthday Celebration already doomed?

Aladdin, can't say I am surprised.

• Minion

Like people have said, if Disney were to celebrate Disneyland's anniversary every 5 years, the magic would ware off very quickly. I would rather see a large 60th celebration than a small 55th and small 60th.

I think that maybe some windows on Main Street and cool merch can come out for every 5th anniversary, but save the big celebrations for 60, 75, 90, and the grandest of them all, the 100th!

• Banned User

55th, 1955. Apparently 1% of MiceChat see how this is very different then all other anniversaries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    55th, 1955. Apparently 1% of MiceChat see how this is very different then all other anniversaries.
    I see it too
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

No I see it and it is a great marketing opportunity. What I am trying to say is that anniversary celebrations can get old, and we don't want Disney overdoing them.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^Exactly. Having a great big party every 5 years is overkill. They already have the 55 merchandise out and are taking advantage of the coincidence.

• Banned User

Hurr we need a huge promo every 5 years and Celebrate sucks hurr
    Hurr the economy is the same as it was in 2005

lol oh wait, never mind.

• The one, the only...

With all the construction going on, there is not much that can be done about the 55th anniversary. But to make the 60th a real big party, I think you really need to start now.

It would be great if for the 60th a new E ticket could premiere. A new firework show would also be great. Planning has to take place far in advance for these things.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I see and agree.

How often (oh, maybe once) do you get to have such a play on words.
    Open in 55, 55th b-day.

You can skip the 60th and wait until the 70th if ppl think a celebration every 5 is too much.
    But to not use 55 (double meaning) as a celebration is a one year shot.
    And no one is asking for a celebration to the caliber of the 50th
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 04-07-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    With all the construction going on, there is not much that can be done about the 55th anniversary. But to make the 60th a real big party, I think you really need to start now.

It would be great if for the 60th a new E ticket could premiere. A new firework show would also be great. Planning has to take place far in advance for these things.
    I agree and hope that if they really are wanting WRE and a new TL, then we could have them as a 60th anniversary gift
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    ^Exactly. Having a great big party every 5 years is overkill. They already have the 55 merchandise out and are taking advantage of the coincidence.
    Then certainly you'd agree that DL's mgmt has been overzealous and careless in going forward with years of millions of useless dreams and the neverending celebration promotions, since the 50th.

BUT, the 55th is Something THAT DOES DESERVE A CELEBRATION, and we want DL's tradition to continue recognizing every 5th DL Birthday! No one else is going to acknowledge it, THAT is RESPONSIBILITY and duty of DL's management. IF DL management doesn't make sure it's done, it ain't gonna get done, and THAT is why this Topic is here!

Too many entertainment offerings are missing this year, too many things are being ignored by management, and management is proving their disregard for Disneyland by NOT having a REAL PARADE for DL's 55th. DL's management is proving there disdain for DL by using used decoration for the 55th, and NOT EVEN TRYING TO INCORPORT THE 55th into LAST YEAR's DECORATIONS! They are not even trying to do any special show for DL's 55th! It's just PATHETIC, that Management From George up to Bob are showing such disrepect and apathy towards the place and company that is responsible for them being employed!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Oh, DL is even getting WORSE than NOT getting any parade for it's 55th! Even though a 55th Parade had been scheduled and planned for this year. In addition, at one point, there was a very real possibility that the MSEP would be returning to Main Street for DL's 55th. BUT guess what, a year after it was FINALLY given a little bit of a refurb. WHOOOOSH!!!!! they ship it off to WDW!!!! So instead of a 55th parade and the MSEP, DL is getting SQUATT, it's getting LESS than SQUATT!

• Disney Fan & Musician

And apparently TDA does too.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Oh, DL is even getting WORSE than NOT getting any parade for it's 55th! Even though a 55th Parade had been scheduled and planned for this year. In addition, at one point, there was a very real possibility that the MSEP would be returning to Main Street for DL's 55th. BUT guess what, a year after it was FINALLY given a little bit of a refurb. WHOOOOSH!!!!! they ship it off to WDW!!!! So instead of a 55th parade and the MSEP, DL is getting SQUATT, it's getting LESS than SQUATT!
    Yeah,
    that's what I don't understand.
    Why we didn't keep MSEP.
    All the work to give it a fresh look
    and we give it to another park and they pray it comes back looking nice.
    I just didn't see the harm of giving it do D-land for one year.
    Like I said, this is a once a in a life time shot to use 55 with the double connection.
    I really think they messed up on this one.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast