Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Man O Lantern

Re: Corpse Bride, Haunted Mansion Holiday.. Maybe Next Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Noryen
    I think Corpse Bride looks better, and is animated better then Nightmare; but the storyline, character development, and songs in Nightmare are far superior, and that is what makes Nightmare a classic.
    What you said.

And I didn't love Nightmare the first time I saw it in the theater. It took me a while to really appreciate it. I still think it's stunning visually and the music is beyond gorgeous. And I genuinely care for the characters. They're awesome, even if some are delightfully evil!

The Corpse Bride....visually was okay, if uneven (that worm in the ear was just so freaking ugly and matched nothing in the movie), the music was forgettable, and I didn't care about any of the characters, I didn't even love the bad guy and I always love a bad guy! Maybe I'll care for it someday once I've seen it a few times, but I doubt I'll be giving it the chance.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Nightmare works because it is a holiday overlay and changing the mansion from Oct.-Dec fits PERFECTLY for both Halloween and Christmas as well as matching the haunted aspect of the mansion well. While Corpse Bride would have the right haunted feel to it, the lack of anything to do with the holidays might limit its appeal.
    This is exactly what I was going to say, but since it was already said I will just quote it.

Admittedly though, I originally thought it would be a good choice if they ever decided to change the NBC overlay. Then after seeing it and really thought about it, I came to the same conclusion as above.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister
    I'm sure WDI would do a good job of working Corpse Bride into the ride, just as they have for Nightmare, but I don't think it would fid right.
    I agree with you that WDI could do a good job of working the movie into the ride, but if Disney could get the rights to the movie I think it would make a great (but stricktly) Halloween Overlay.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

they could make the bride in the attic resemble the corpse bride...that would be kinda cool. I DOUBT such a change would ever happen though. Too much red tape.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Quote Originally Posted by Noryen
    I think Corpse Bride looks better, and is animated better then Nightmare; but the storyline, character development, and songs in Nightmare are far superior, and that is what makes Nightmare a classic.
    I agree. I found the Corpse Bride to be a bit ho-hum.

•   
    • Minion

I don't think this is likely at all... Warner has one the books a contract with Six Flags... and I think if they listenced the movie to Disney it would be considered a breech of contract...

The other movie contracts are deals with LucasFilm, LTD which retained all liscensing rites though the films are produced with MGM and Paramount... (Both had ties with Eisner when the deal was inked.)

Now unless Tim Burton did the same type of securing liscensing rites for the films, a deal would be unlikely as Disney doesn't have as big of a stake in the film as it does with Nightmare... I think it would be more likely you would see Corpse Bride at Six Flags...
    Last edited by cellarhound; 10-26-2005 at 12:32 PM.
    Check out my other blog:

Quick note: Most motion pictures create a separate corporatiion under the movies name during production for legal, tax and numerous other reasons. Thi
    CBsf

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CBSF
    Quick note: Most motion pictures create a separate corporatiion under the movies name during production for legal, tax and numerous other reasons. Thi
    Yes, but it depend on who retains the liscensing rights in the marketing agreement... That depends on who (which company) is technically the producer of the film...
    Check out my other blog:

• Sea Creature

Well, the reason they use Nighmare Before Christmas as haunted mansion holiday is that the movie is about a holiday. Two holidays in fact so that gives them even more space to use it as a special event, for Halloween and Christmas. Corpse Bride is about a marriage so it wouldn't really fit in. But, perhaps they could kind of combine them and use the Corpse Bride as the bride in the attic and put some of the characters from Corpse Bride here and there.

• Directly directed

Did you all know that WB didn't even read the Corpse Bride script? They just gave Tim Burton 40 million dollars and said have at it. And even though it was a wonderful movie...Nightmare before christmas was so much better.

• ...TWO BITS!

A lot of things I wanted to say has already been said, but I will say this:

I prefer TNBC than CB. Also, the animation to CB looks too smooth. Nick Park (Wallace & Gromit) said it himself that if claymation looked too smooth, it doesn't seem "real". It's one of the reasons he leaves fingerprints on Wallce & Gromit while animating.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

::vomits in his own mouth:: CB was flat and 2-D. Lets all get OFF the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton band waggon. They do great movies, but people seem to think everything they touch is golden. And yes, Disney does not own the rights and I doubt they are trying to achieve them.

Well, Corpse Bride already looks a lot like The Haunted Mansion, they both look Victorian, actually one of the first things I said after atching Corpse Bride was that if they'd done The Haunted Mansion movie a bit more like Corpse Bride it would have been a hit. I don't think Disney should do the overlay (not like they can) but it would be kinda cool if they changed the Bride in The Attic ONLY during haunted Mansion holiday... just as a tribute... maybe even a Corpse Bride doll in one of the gift boxes...
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...