Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

Corpse Bride, Haunted Mansion Holiday.. Maybe Next Year?

I just saw Tim Burtons Corpse Bride, and was thinking maybe they could use the movie for next years Haunted Mansion Holiday. The bride in the movie reminded me so much of the bride in the actual haunted mansion, so I thought it would fit nicely. If the movie becomes popular enough, do you think it would be a good idea?

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Re: Corpse Bride, Haunted Mansion Holiday.. Maybe Next Year?

It would be a good idea, but i don't think it will happen considering it is not a Disney movie.
    <o>

• Circle of Ancients

^ Neither is Nightmare Before Christmas. It's Touchstone. Indy isn't. Star Wars isn't. Twilight Zone isn't. It's never stopped them before.

Corpse Bride doesn't seem to be getting the response that Nightmare got.

Then again, when Nightmare came out in the theatre I don't think it did that well.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^ you're right on all counts. Don't see Warner Brothers licensing out C.B. to Disney though (unless both parties want to continuing making Tim Burton happy....and richer still!).
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot

Then again, when Nightmare came out in the theatre I don't think it did that well.
    Yeah, Nightmare wasn't very popular until recently I beleive. So maybe something similar may happen with Corpse Bride.

• oh bugger

Nightmare had a domestic box office take of 50 when it opened in 1993 which is fairly decent. Not sure of its costs for production or marketing, but I imagine the production costs would be pretty big. As far as Nightmare being Touchstone and not Disney... Disney owns Touchstone, it is its more adult oriented fare... such as Roger Rabbit, Pretty Women, The Village, King Arthur.. oh, just go here for what they've produced:
    http://imdb.com/company/co0049348/?f...c=1;ft=23;fm=1

As far as adding Corpse Bride to the HMH I really don't think 1. its a good match and 2. that they'd ever get the rights to do that.

Nightmare works because it is a holiday overlay and changing the mansion from Oct.-Dec fits PERFECTLY for both Halloween and Christmas as well as matching the haunted aspect of the mansion well. While Corpse Bride would have the right haunted feel to it, the lack of anything to do with the holidays might limit its appeal, as well as being Warner Brothers who Burton now works with.

• All? NO, ALL!

I think Disney marketed it under Touchstone, even though it was PG, because of the film being dark. But recently, it seems Disney would rather make it a Disney franchise.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

**OFF TOPIC**

Why does everyone thing anything animated or in this case dark stop motion is Disney. I have stood in a Disney Store and in Disneyland while guest have asked about Shark Tails, Robots....and anything else that has come out over the past few years. I just don't understand how no one notices the big logo at the start of the movie!!!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Here to change the world

This movie is Warner Bros. Tim Burton was working for Disney when he made Nightmare, therefore Disney owns it. They released it under Touchtone (and acutally had to make their own production company, Skellington Productions) to make the film. Tim Burton is now a freelance director, not tied to any studio. Warner Bros owns Corpse Bride. It's not gonna happen (thank god!)

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ Neither is Nightmare Before Christmas. It's Touchstone.
    Touchstone *is* Disney. Therefor, they own all rights to it (except for those that Tim Burton still own).

Check out the original teaser trailer, btw: Walt Disney Productions banner, montage of great achievements in animation, like Snow White, Pinocchio, and Little Mermaid, followed by some behind-the-scenes of Disney's latest achievement.

But, yeah... Disney has more say since they owned the rights to the movie for the last 20 years (remember... Burton proposed it way back in the early 80s as a half hour special, therefor Disney owned the rights).
    -Tim

• =)

I don't think that Corpse Bride would fit in with the Haunted Mansion, either. Of course, I feel the same way (to a slightly lesser degree) about the current holiday overlay, but that's beside the point. I don't like to see this wonderful classic fall into the same gothic popular culture that seems to be everywhere now. That's not what the Haunted Mansion is about. I'm sure WDI would do a good job of working Corpse Bride into the ride, just as they have for Nightmare, but I don't think it would fid right. Just my two cents.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Question Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister
    I don't think that Corpse Bride would fit in with the Haunted Mansion, either. Of course, I feel the same way (to a slightly lesser degree) about the current holiday overlay, but that's beside the point. I don't like to see this wonderful classic fall into the same gothic popular culture that seems to be everywhere now. That's not what the Haunted Mansion is about. I'm sure WDI would do a good job of working Corpse Bride into the ride, just as they have for Nightmare, but I don't think it would fid right. Just my two cents.
    What? The Haunted Mansion is relatively gothic on it's own. Death, ghosts, cemeteries- all quite macabre. I always feel like the NBC overlay actually lightens the place up a bit!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Man O Lantern

OMG, I my Nightmare Before Christmas overlay sooo much!! We've come down every year since fall of 2001 when they started doing it.....pretty much BECAUSE they do it and we'll be down again this year. If they don't do it next year....we probably won't come down at that time of year and I won't be super motivated to come down any other time of year.....so we'll probably start looking elsewhere for vacation destinations with the kids (since they're starting to get burnt out on Disney anyway). I'm the main person in our family who pushes for Disneyland between October and December every year! And one of the reasons I'm so gung ho to be there then is the NBC Haunted Mansion. I can't get enough of it!

And with all the other parks pushing Halloween themes, I can't imagine that Disneyland would let Nightmare go. If anything, it seems they should push Halloween a little harder.

My point? I love Nightmare and I thought The Corpse Bride was forgettable. So no, I don't ever want to see a Corpse Bride overlay on the Haunted Mansion.

I think Corpse Bride looks better, and is animated better then Nightmare; but the storyline, character development, and songs in Nightmare are far superior, and that is what makes Nightmare a classic.

• Reaver of Souls

I've said this before, that I get bummed every time I haed over to the Nighmare store in NOS, when I realize there will be no CB stuff there... I just expect it to be, because the movies are so similar in style and feel. I still love the Nightmare store, but you can only look at the same things so many times...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast