Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Face Characters and Secret Identities

Today I was informed by a Disney Princess™ that management frowns upon them revealing their true identities to Guests. I get it. Though, after a few laughs and a bit of fawning, an exception was granted, a card taken, and proper introductions made. But now I'm curious if Face Characters have signed agreements which limit their ability to claiming credit on resumes or even social networking sites? In someways, her conversation implied that while employed as a Face Character (regardless of being in costume or not), it would not be easy to venture and pursue other acting opportunities. Time was not the issue, but rather, her contract. Is anyone aware of what Face Characters are permitted to do in regards to other acting gigs?

As a side note, are there any sites or listings of current and former character actors, something like the Internet Movie Database? Someplace which attributes credit?

I'm perplexed.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

Hmm, well, I can't help ya, but I'm sure someone will be able to
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i would say ask the people in the disney face character audition thread, they seem to know their stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

Some interesting reading.

Basically, you sign away your soul when you become a CM, The Company owns anything and everything you do or create. And if you do something to break the Company's heart or bring negative publicity, you sleep with the fishes.

• waiting to be kissed

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

Some interesting reading.

Basically, you sign away your soul when you become a CM, The Company owns anything and everything you do or create. And if you do something to break the Company's heart or bring negative publicity, you sleep with the fishes.
    I wouldn't exactly say you "sign away your soul". While I can't deny that his experience is true, I do know that some face characters have taken other acting jobs while working at the park. Granted, they are bit parts on TV or in commercials, but they can work outside. When characters apply for outside jobs, their resume also states that they are simply a performer in the park. No specifics.

I think the real deal is, just be very careful regarding who you tell, and where you say it.

I think you could put on your resume, but they probably prefer that you don't say what character you did. You probably can get away with just the title of "Performer"
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

Thanks!

Perhaps there's a privacy clause for the privacy clause

I'll try the Face Character audition thread.

• Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    very interesting! does anyone know anywhere else people have posted things like this?

it's also interesting learning how characters feel about AP's :-)
    Last edited by Sgt. Tibs; 12-30-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

A friend of mine performs as a Disney face character in WDW. When she got the job, the local paper ran a story about her, only mentioning that she would be a performer. For all you gather from the article, she might be a parade performer or musision. In actuality, she's appearing as a beloved well-known Disney character.

• Banned User

If the companys confidentiality clause prohibits their revealing their real (or secret) identity, then shouldnt this thread be closed to prevent such information from being revealed????

• My Favorite Anna

I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.

MY LONG TIME FRIEND THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 2 YEARS.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I have know some of these characters and I'm protecting there privies [ms] but the only thing I can say is they are not aloud to say who they are if they do they will get fire. So the character you saw was right they can't say there name. I remember early this year when the View was out in CA. Barba Walters had as Cinderella her real name and Cinderella said well I'm Cinderella so not even to super stars or reports are aloud to ask the characters for there real names. I rescept there rights.

• Sock Puppet

What happens if you recognize a face character performer playing a different face character on another day and accidentally call them by the name of the other character they play? Could that harm them in any way?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I applaud you for this one, Hooks.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CelebrateYou View Post
    What happens if you recognize a face character performer playing a different face character on another day and accidentally call them by the name of the other character they play? Could that harm them in any way?
    They'll probably be a little blind sided, but usually they'll play it off very well. It's part of the role.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast