Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks whomever for my phone!!!

Now I do not know who turned it in. But I lost my "smart phone" on the 22nd the last day of our two day trip with family. I figured it was space mountain or the monorail but someone most likely a guest passed it off to the ride op. So I want to thank EVERYONE who has turned in something lost at DLR. We got the call for it early on the 23rd and picked it up on Christmas day for a quck jont thorugh the parks.
    Its been a tough year for my wife and I. I had my limited edition 2008 CBR 1000 #32 of 500 stolen, my work tools and knack box (construction site box) stolen, our house was broken into about 45 days ago and besides money and jewelry both my cameras, laptops and back up drives where stolen with most of my wifes and I history as a couple with them. (on line back up!!!)
    So everyone have a safe and happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

Re: Thanks whomever for my phone!!!

It's happened to me twice! Once Indiana Jones ate it, I went to Lost and Found, filled out a report and the phone showed up in my mailvbox a few days later.
    The second time it fell off my belt in M&F parking structure. A guest found it, saw my highlighted emergency number on the menu and dialed it. My wife took the call and asked the guest to drop it off at City Hall, which they did. I picked it up a few moments later.
    You gotta love a good guest, and great staff at Disneyland!
    Nowadays I stuff the phone way down in my pocket. No morte belt loop for me!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

I'll be the first to admit that I've had a lot of guests return my lost items--including my cell phone (twice!), my wallet, my keys, and a photo of my family and I on Tower of Terror. The only negative experience I've had was when my mom put her camera on a shelf, turned around for--literally--ten seconds, and it was gone. But the cast members worked very very hard to find it--even going through the expense of going to the store itself to find it.

It's still pretty darn incredible how courteous the guests at Disneyland can be.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Nothing to see here!

Talking Re: Thanks whomever for my phone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Biff View Post
    Its been a tough year for my wife and I. I had my limited edition 2008 CBR 1000 #32 of 500 stolen, my work tools and knack box (construction site box) stolen, our house was broken into about 45 days ago and besides money and jewelry both my cameras, laptops and back up drives where stolen with most of my wifes and I history as a couple with them. (on line back up!!!)
    So everyone have a safe and happy New Year!!!!!!!!!
    Wishing you a better 2010!!

• The Original LOST BOY

i once found a wallet with around 200 dollars in cash. you could clearly tell it was a little girls wallet. Hanna Montana with velcro. i turned it into the lost @ found by DCA. i still hope the girl got her wallet......
    The Original LOST BOY

• Future Cast Member :)

I once was walking in a Disney parking lot and I saw something on the ground near a car tire, it was an iPhone! I spent half-hour finding the owners and we gave it to them

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry you've had such a rough year!! I never thought online backups were such a big deal but your story has illustrated exactly why something like that is a good idea! I'm glad you had that done so you didn't totally lose everything!

A couple of years ago I was at Disneyland, and had called my daughter to ask her something about some squished pennies (she collects them). A few minutes later I went to call her again with another question and... could not find my phone. I was in Gibson Girls I think, frantically tearing apart my bag and taking everything out and looking through EVERYTHING when someone came up to me and said, "Is this what you are looking for?" It was my phone!!! Oh holy cow I was so grateful to them for not only finding it, but noticing I was looking and returning it to me!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Once upon a dream

I lost my AP when I had a bloody nose for 30 minutes by the DCA bathrooms outside. Guess I dropped it and 30 minutes later it was at one of the ticket booths .... with blood on it.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm sorry you've had such a rough year!! I never thought online backups were such a big deal but your story has illustrated exactly why something like that is a good idea! I'm glad you had that done so you didn't totally lose everything!
    No I did not have on line back up. If, ok when I decide I am ready I will get another computer but I will have off site back up for that one. Its true you hear all these commercials for it and think I wont need it....Me I had my new and old laptops synced up to each other so they where identical and then each had its own back up drive. I never thought someone would rob my house but foolish of me to think that way.
    Thanks all for the support

• Hukuna Matata!

I love honest people, you know it takes a real human being to return another person's belongings, I dont know how many times I have returned cameras and glasses, It just makes you feel good inside, and makes you feel good to know that there are others out there that still have morals.

• Nerd

Also give koodos to the CM's at DL. I know for a fact that they spend a lot of time trying track down owners of phones and cameras and return stuff. (by the way, if you have any "questionable" pictures on your phone - CM's might get to take a look), Hee Hee....and if they can't return the stuff, they sell it all at a giant sale and all the money goes to charity (goodwill) so if you loose something, its for a good cause.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Also give koodos to the CM's at DL. I know for a fact that they spend a lot of time trying track down owners of phones and cameras and return stuff. (by the way, if you have any "questionable" pictures on your phone - CM's might get to take a look), Hee Hee....and if they can't return the stuff, they sell it all at a giant sale and all the money goes to charity (goodwill) so if you loose something, its for a good cause.
    When is that sale? I have never heard of it. Sounds interesting...
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Thumbs up Re: Thanks whomever for my phone!!!

I would always TIPs someone when they return my lost stuff. I usually give them 25% of the value of my lost items.

My question to you guys is - will you give some type of reward for people returning your lost items.

IMO, I think they deserved some type of stuff because they found your stuff. For example, let say you were careless and you lost your phone. Now, you are out 200 bucks. But, if someone returns it, you just save yourself from spending 200 bucks more. therefore, you should at least give the person 10 to 20 bucks
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-31-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Say Cheese!

So, I'm sitting at the curved seat on the Castle's bridge, taking photos. Placed my phone down beside my camera bag. Well, dumb me, got up and left to take more photos around the side. After maybe 5 minutes, I realized I left my phone where I was sitting, and so I rush over there and boom, it's gone.

Inside I felt dumb and pissed at the same time. I approached a CM standing where they usually take Castle photos with guests and asked him where do lost items go. He asked me what I was looking for - I told him my cell phone. He asked me if it was white? I was excited to tell him "YES!". He tells me he already sent it to City Hall. I mean - it was only 5 minutes and it was found by a CM, and taken over to City Hall. I was impressed and happy to get my phone back.

I've had excellent luck with guests turning in lost items too. The ONLY time I didn't get something back was when my very expensive Revo sunglasses flipped off my shirt where I had them hooked when I was on Mulholland Madness last year. I could literally see them in the gravel at the bottom of the ride. The cast member operating the exit said she would take them to Lost and Found after park closing.

They never arrived at Lost and Found that night, but I filled out a report feeling pretty confident that they would eventually be turned in by the MM crew and would be sent to me.

A week later they still hadn't arrived. I was in the park again the next weekend (benefit of being an AP who lives close-by) and checked back with L&F. I explained to the young woman who was staffing Lost and Found that the cast member at Mulhollard Madness acknowledged she saw the glasses and said she would take them to L&F. Here's the kicker... The Lost and Found cast member told me that it was not uncommon for items of value (this was a $320 pair of sunglasses) to not make it to L&F and that "unfortunately not all cast members are honest and ethical."

I was a little shocked that she actually said this (especially since she was a plaid skirt who I assumed would be a little more Disney party-line) but actually appreciated her honesty. To her credit, she went to the stockpile of sunglasses that were set to be sent to Goodwill the next day and pulled out another pair or Revos for me. They were pretty badly scratched, but I appreciated effort. (And was a little surprised by this too.)

As an aside, according to the plaid skirt at L&F, items left there after a certain period are shipped off to Goodwill...not sold. I tend to believe this more than the idea that DLR has a huge L&F sale since there's much less effort on their part in just giving it all to Goodwill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast