Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Tour II information

I recieved some information about the Star Tours II updates.

ILM (Industrial Light and magic) has just wrapped up their work on the Star Tours II video updates. I will try to get more information, but from what I was told:

There will be 5 different "scenarios"

Of course what does scenarios mean? Destinations? Variations with the same destination? I do not know.

Chris

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Re: Star Tour II information

Thanks for the update. I could definitely do with an alternative to pod racing.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Here is the definition from the dictionary:
    Etymology: Italian, from Latin scaenarium place for erecting stages, from scaena stage
    1 a : an outline or synopsis of a play; especially : a plot outline used by actors of the play b : the libretto of an opera
    2 a : screenplay b : shooting script
    3 : a sequence of events especially when imagined; especially : an account or synopsis of a possible course of action or events <his scenario for a settlement envisages…reunification>

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Disneyland fan since 1967

I just hope the scenarios are as good as ST I. The original's footage may be getting "old" by today's CG standards, but I really do think the original is highly engrossing even after multiple visits, and I would hate to see them fix something that 'ain't broke'.
    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by SillySpook View Post
    I just hope the scenarios are as good as ST I.
    I hope one of the scenarios IS Star Tours 1, enhanced. I also hope RX-24 and Paul Reubens return for the new ride. My sister was hoping maybe he'd still be broken by say that he got "fixed" but I'm actually hoping for a prequel with a prototype or beta version, making the first RX-24 the "fixed" version.

• Minion

speaking as a long time star wars fan, 5 diffrent scenarios sounds great, i for one, hope star tours 1 has no place in it..the death star run has been way way over used just like the battle of hoth in the empire strikes back, those two events have been the hub of so many things from star tours(death star run)to video games(shadows of the empire ...comes to mind).im looking forward to 5 fresh new themes, yeah i know pod raceing on tatooine will be part of at least one of them. but that"s ok(even though its been over used IMO).

• Disneylander in Arizona!

The idea of there being different scenarios maybe different destinations is something that just sounds (to put it mildly) awesome. When I was young I remember walking into Star Tours and just seeing aspects of the Star Wars Universe brought to life for me it was astonishing (it still is, I get goose pumps when I walk in and look up and see the Mon Calamari in the control deck observing the station). But the only problem I have always had is when you pass C-3PO and R2-D2 there's a sign right above the walkway that lists different flights to tons of different worlds in the Star Wars Universe and the ride always goes to the same destination. I do love the attraction it's great as it is but I am looking forward to the update and I am curious to see what they do.
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***Next trip to the Disneyland® Resort***
    ***May 9, 2012***

• Awaken the spirits

Yeah, see Sunrider, I'm the opposite, and yes I have liked Star Wars since I was a child and have played most of the video games for it. I don't mind the Death Star run or the Hoth battle. The thing I don't really care for is podracing, and the trailer for ST2 showed podracing. Ugh.

Five different scenarios sounds like what everyone has been dreaming of for years. Sounds awesome, especially since, you know, they do tours and have advertisements in the queue and exit area for different locations, and yet for some reason the tour is always (supposed to be) to the moon of Endor.

• We Go On.

I bet this really does mean different destinations. After all, "scenarios" is just more accurate terminology for what we've been wanting as different flights. This would be something Disney hasn't ever done with a ride before, as they explained at the D23 Expo.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    Yeah, see Sunrider, I'm the opposite, and yes I have liked Star Wars since I was a child and have played most of the video games for it. I don't mind the Death Star run or the Hoth battle. The thing I don't really care for is podracing, and the trailer for ST2 showed podracing. Ugh.

Five different scenarios sounds like what everyone has been dreaming of for years. Sounds awesome, especially since, you know, they do tours and have advertisements in the queue and exit area for different locations, and yet for some reason the tour is always (supposed to be) to the moon of Endor.
    no no i agree with you that pod racing kinda sucks, (its way over used,and i didnt really like it in episode1.).would have rather it been t 16s shooting womp rats,and flying through the needle but that's just me,

the flight to endor ..was meant as a tie in remember after jedi was done lucas did the two ewok movies for tv? and the ewoks and droids cartoons(shudder), what did you see when you exited star tours in the shop below(it looked way cooler then ). plush ewoks as far as you could see..
    as far as 2.0...i wonder what new merch will be sold

It would be awesome if you got to visit Coruscant (a planet that's a city, who honestly watched Episode II and thought after that chase that could be an awesome ride), Naboo (because the Emperor's home is there and maybe the ship could crash into Jar Jar lol), Tatooine (I enjoy podracing, it's one of the few ideas from Episode I that I thought was executed well, but that's not all that's there, we could do a run down in Beggar's Canyon following Luke as we shoot some Womp Rats), Hoth (how awesome would it be to fly-in as the Empire is attacking Echo Base), Kashyyyk (who doesn't want to visit the Wookie homeworld, it looked absolutely awesome in Episode III). Heck, you could go to Felucia (a planet briefly shown in Episode III but one that is part of the expanded universe) and encounter the monsters and beasts of that world, that'd be awesome. My point is there are so many planets in the Star Wars Universe and each has a unique locale unto it's own, with creatures both terrifying and spectacular. Bring on STAR TOURS II, I am very excited.
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***May 9, 2012***

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    no no i agree with you that pod racing kinda sucks, (its way over used,and i didnt really like it in episode1.)..............
    WOW, I could not disagree with that statement any more then I am typing write now.

The pod race scene MADE episode I for me. It was incredible, the sound the visuals the entire experience.
    Of course I am only basing this off the experience of watching it on a full size movie screen with an incredible sound system in a great theater. But I cannot believe you did not like that scene in Episode I.

From the moment I first viewed the Pod race scene in EP 1 I was just waiting for the day that would finally be integrated into Star Tours! I cannot wait. I know it will be incredible!

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    i wonder what new merch will be sold
    Plush gungans lol

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    Plush gungans lol
    Hah hah!
    That's just awesome. I am so excited for this ride, bring on STAR TOURS II!!
    ***May 9, 2012***

• Yeah.....

Aww, I just realized......It's no longer going to be relevant to scream out "light-speed to endor!!!!" whenever appropriate. Freeway on-ramps will never be fun again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast