Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Post DCA 2.0 Rollercoaster Tycoon Model

Hey everyone! I've been slowly working on a DCA 2.0 model on Rollercoaster tycoon2! It's not totally accurate, but I'm trying to add everything that's going into the park as we speak. I'd really like to see what everyone thinks about this project. It's definitely ongoing, as I will be working on this as they're working on selections of the park. So, right now, I've worked on Paradise Pier. Here's the beginning of the project! Let me know what you think. Any ideas, or comments on what to change is greatly appreciated.
    >>Jake

*Note - The aerial shot of the park with Carsland, and the rest of the Refurb, is just tentative, and will change when more photos are released, and I can accurately build the rest of the park.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: DCA 2.0 Rollercoaster Tycoon Model

That looks really neat!

I love Mickey's Fun Wheel so cute.

• Future Cast Member

That's awesome! I can't wait to see how it's updated with future changes. I really like how realistic Screamin' looks!

This is based on ohiolandshark's versionohiolandshark - California Adventure RCT 2, right?

It looks cool, but I have a couple of quick comments from doing something similar to what is likely the same map. I recommend using the custom scenery rocks from Grizzly Peak to create the 'carsland range' completely from CS, then using some of the smaller rocks which are (hopefully) in the map to create the 'floor' of RSR. For the most part, it's possible to recreate many of the structures in carsland to a high degree of detail, which I recommend attempting. I like what you did with the Fun Wheel and I BVS looks to be pretty high quality, if a little on the inaccurate side. Grizzly Peak also looks very nice. I'd love to see some close up shots of areas around the pier, BVS, Carsland, etc. though.

A download would be cool...

All of that said, without having an original map to start with, it's difficult to do justice to the new little mermaid building or buena vista street, which is why when I attempted an RCT2 version of DCA 2.0, I started on a fresh map after building a version off ohiolandshark's version. I was able to build a fairly accurate representation of the Little Mermaid Building(based on the concept art), Buena Vista Street, Carsland, a more realistic version of the Tower of Terror and a more complex(and accurate) Grand Californian as well as my best attempt at the surrounding hotels(GardenWalk, streets etc). Unfortunately, my computer crashed and I lost the file.
    Last edited by Theophilus Carter; 12-30-2009 at 08:28 PM.

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

wow i cant believe i didnt think of this!!!!!!!!!!!! good job lolz! it looks great
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Nerd

A+
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• will-o-the-whip

Looks great. Is there a reason you're doing this in 2.0 rather than RCT 3.0?

Looks great. Is there a reason you're doing this in 2.0 rather than RCT 3.0?
    I can't speak for the original poster, but RCT2 is preferred over RCT3 by many people for a number of reasons. It's easier to work with, runs faster on most computers, and has a more simplistic and straightforward interface. In fact the 'pros'(I.E. the guys at New Element - Home) almost exclusively use RCT2.

• will-o-the-whip

Interesting. I've played 1.0 and 3.0 but never picked up 2.0 since it looked like warmed-over 1.0. How does 2.0 differ from 1.0 since the graphics look about the same? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Interesting. I've played 1.0 and 3.0 but never picked up 2.0 since it looked like warmed-over 1.0. How does 2.0 differ from 1.0 since the graphics look about the same? Thanks.
    From what I can remember, there's nothing hugely different between 1 and 2, other than there being a major focus on scenery in RCT1. If I remember correctly, the first game did not allow you to create structures out of scenery, whereas RCT2 had a major focus on stackable and custom scenery. The graphics are definitely improved from 1 to 2, but obviously not to the level of RCT3. They also added a scenario editor and a few other new features, but the move from 2 to 3 was definitely a much bigger jump.

• Banned User

Hey! Sorry, I was out with my girlfriend tonight shopping. Fun, I know!
    Yes, this is based off of ohiolandshark's original setup. Thank you for getting the link, I could not find one!
    And I need to figure out how to make the cars rockwork, or find a download pack somewhere. I've used download packs from other sites, and it's helped. Like I said, the surrounding areas besides Paradise Pier right now are just a basic idea, and loosely done. Once real construction is coming along in those areas, and I can get pictures and concept are to really help with the design of this, I'll definitely build it to be as close as possible. I will try to get a download of this for people who want one, but do you want it now, or on the final project, heck, even both!
    And I definitely prefer RCT2 over 1. There's more props to use, and I loved getting to build inside the Six Flags park. RCT3 has always bothered me. I was expecting different graphics, and not as "fake". If I get to ride a rollercoaster in a game, I want it to be as realistic as possible, and to run as fast as possible on my computer. That's why I downloaded NoLimits.
    This is definitely going to be an ongoing project, and will follow the pace of the construction going on in the park. So, like Al says, "Just like the happiest place on earth, patience is a virtue; the queue may take a while before you can enjoy the attraction."
    I'll post another set of photos in the next day or two of the other side of the pier!
    >>Jake

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Hey! Sorry, I was out with my girlfriend tonight shopping. Fun, I know!

Yes, this is based off of ohiolandshark's original setup. Thank you for getting the link, I could not find one!
    No problem...

And I need to figure out how to make the cars rockwork, or find a download pack somewhere. I've used download packs from other sites, and it's helped.
    Part of the problem is that RCT2 is an older game and most of the community has moved on to RCT3, at least as far as custom scenery goes. What I was going to do for the Carsland rockwork is use the colorable lord of the rings CS rocks or the Harry Potter version(can't remember which). What I think works best is to create a stack wall of the rocks, like building a mountain, rather than using the blocky raised land. You might look at getting a trainer and enabling the mountain tool if you stick with the raised land approach though.

I really like the CS used in 'Highball's DisneySea' on new Element, you might download that along with their competition scenery benches. Lots of useful objects depending on how realistic you want to get.

I will try to get a download of this for people who want one, but do you want it now, or on the final project, heck, even both!
    Both is good...

If I get to ride a rollercoaster in a game, I want it to be as realistic as possible, and to run as fast as possible on my computer.
    I completely agree.

• Gateway Fantasmic!

That is really cool!
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    Part of the problem is that RCT2 is an older game and most of the community has moved on to RCT3, at least as far as custom scenery goes. What I was going to do for the Carsland rockwork is use the colorable lord of the rings CS rocks or the Harry Potter version(can't remember which). What I think works best is to create a stack wall of the rocks, like building a mountain, rather than using the blocky raised land. You might look at getting a trainer and enabling the mountain tool if you stick with the raised land approach though.

I really like the CS used in 'Highball's DisneySea' on new Element, you might download that along with their competition scenery benches. Lots of useful objects depending on how realistic you want to get.
    That's what I was thinking. I already have the Lord of The Rings rockwork downloaded, so I'm more than likely going to use that, unless I find something better. And how do I go about with the trainer, and setting up a download for y'all?

The loop is perfect!!!!! Good job, clearly took a hunk of time out of your life!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast