Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Alien Encounter at DL?

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    I think it would work MUCH better in the old Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars space.
    That was the plan. AE was designed to replace Mission to Mars as part of the Tomorrowland 2055 Project which was part of the even larger 'Disney Decade' that would have brought many new rides and attractions to the park.

back at you... [I can't be that subtle]

• Party Planning King

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I would never go to Disneyland again...
    Last edited by rihard2000; 10-21-2005 at 10:45 AM.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rihard2000
    Yes Stitch seems to be a failure, but Alien Encounter was too. It was a bad idea for the MK audience and had to be reworked into something else. How would the situation be any different in Anaheim?

How about they just do a new film for the HISTA theater. An original movie and story that none of the other parks have.
    Lets go over a little history of Alien Encounter:

* First thought up for Discoveryland in DLP for the right side at the entrance.
    Debuted in 1994 at WDW instead (WDW is the "ginnie pig") ... quickly ordered shut down - Not a good attraction.
    * Re-debuted in early summer 1995.
    * I personally found this "sound show" to be a bit boring - good for one viewing. It should tell us something that is was never duplicated for other Disney parks.
    * On the drawing boards for DL's "Tomorrowland:2055" to go into the Mission to Mars complex.
    * AE closed after a 9-10 year run to be replaced by "Stitch Encounter"
    * Once again ... ordered closed after less than a year for "Stitch 2.0"
    * Is it any better?!!!!
    * My final thought on this format - A show that is primarily a "sound" experience .. while strapped into over-the-shoulder harnesses ... well .....uhh ... kinda boring.

I don't think this format Stitch,AE,etc. (while too scary for the little ones) will ever make it into any other "MK" park.

Of course .. there's a million ideas of what to do with HISTA. Another 3D film .. which is probably what they'll do ...... a brand new "Flying Saucers" would be cool ... especially when the 1961-1966 version sat in the same spot - that would be an interesting irony.

There should be something in the pipeline now. After all ........ HISTA made it's debuted in EPCOT in 1995. A 3D film which is now a full decade old. Captain EO bit the dust slightly less than a decade .. so the time is now to be imagineering something else.

Don't forget .. imagineering can "dream away" all they want ... which they most likely are now ....... It's just getting something approved. That's all!!

• Captain Hooks 2nd Mate...

i like the preshow for stitch the most... Richard Kind is the voice for the robotic cop, i think... hysterical!!!

• Minion

Makes us all wonder .......

There's so much work TL needs ....

A new Star Tours
    Adressing the People mover track and Astro Orbitor's placement.
    HISTA
    Monorail trains
    Not to mention that yawner: Innoventions

The Submarine Voyage should be kicking into "overdrive" with construction soon ... and with that debut of 2007 in mind .... I wonder what else could be worked on in the coming months.

So ... I hope imagineering has some good ideas on the drawing board.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    That was the plan. AE was designed to replace Mission to Mars as part of the Tomorrowland 2055 Project which was part of the even larger 'Disney Decade' that would have brought many new rides and attractions to the park.
    I know... but, at least, unlike the rest of Tomorrowland 2055, AE had a good reason for not going into the building: it wouldn't fit. That's why they premiered it at MK -- so that they wouldn't have to scale back.

Now the restaurant that did go in that space -- yeah, that's part of the 2055 downfall.

I was quite a huge AE fan. Thus why I own all the action figures, the large alien bendy ( link ), and a couple seats from the attraction. Oh, and an operations manual.

I owned x-stech.com for a while, but that project died with lack of time, problems with server, and the fact that somebody snatched it from me when it ran up. It may live on in some other form eventually.
    -Tim

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatUter
    i like the preshow for stitch the most... Richard Kind is the voice for the robotic cop, i think... hysterical!!!
    I AGREE!

I loved Scooter ....... I had to get a "Scooter" t-shirt in a 1995 WDW trip ... The preshow was excellent.

• Minion

I know... but, at least, unlike the rest of Tomorrowland 2055, AE had a good reason for not going into the building: it wouldn't fit.
    That's exactly right.

The exterior facade was impressive in the artwork .... but the actual footprint required ........ forget it. Interior-wise ... they had the room. Because Mission Control would have been Skippy and the XS-Tech robot .. and the two Mission to Mars space-ship rooms .. would have been the teleportation chambers.

Just as it is with WDW's Mission To Mars former infrastructure.

• Here to change the world

CAPTAIN EO

But yea, Disney should make a new amazing ride (when was the last E ticket made? Indy 10 years ago?) for Tomorrowland rather than AE...

• Minion

An "E Ticket" in that location??? Errrr ... not enough room.

• Here to change the world

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    An "E Ticket" in that location??? Errrr ... not enough room.
    They could always go underground!! I guess I meant more for Tomorrowland in general. They should just re-do the whole thing

• The one, the only...

I enjoyed AE. It was a great show. I don't think that every ride at DL has to be for three year olds! That being said, I don't like clones either. Aliens is a great theme. The AE was not thought out too well. Too few AA's and too short a story.

Alien encounter is a wonderful theme. Aliens have been popular for decades. People want to see and hear aliens. It is a perfect Audio Animatronic attraction.

Here is my suggestion: To balance things out, they need a new attraction that has good aliens and bad ones (for suspence!). It can work the same way that it is Tough to be a Bug works. Good bugs introduce; Bad bugs interrupt. Good bugs prevail. Simple story, but a good one for aliens. It could even be an Alien band at one point. (Don't ask me what an Alien band would sound like...) It could be fun for younger ones and still entertaining.

I hope that a version of Alien Encounter does come to Disneyland. It is a worthy idea.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    It could even be an Alien band at one point. (Don't ask me what an Alien band would sound like...)
    You mean something like Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue?

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    You mean something like Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue?

The attraction that inhabits many of our Blue Sky dreams at night...

Is it too late to get the petition back up. Perhaps we could solicit people as they exit Innoventions with those dumbfounded looks on the faces.

Dear Sir/Madam,

While Innoventions is the current attraction in this building, it wasn't meant to be. You see...

• Reaver of Souls

Of course it did! Much better than Stitch is working, that's for sure...
    I actually enjoyed Stitch at WDW... It was silly, sure, but I had fun. Of course, I'm a big Stitch fan, and somewhat biased...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast