Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Alien Encounter at DL?

I liked AE too! But I really loved Captian EO!

I was thinking of making an interactive version of EO, let the audience decide the fate of the crew. Have multiple choices. Provide the audience with some type of polling device. Each time you see the movie, it may lead to a new story line. Sort of a "choose your own adventure" type experience!

I think this would be a great way for repeat visits to the attraction.

The only concern is that the majority of the audience may only vote for the same choices on each run of the movie. Thus not being a new experience everytime you see the movie.

Thoughts???

I think that the Alien Encounter may be too intense for Tomorrowland, if you could get it to fit into the theming I would recomend putting it somewhere in DCA

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I had an Alien Encounter at the Disneyland hotel once!!!!

I think he was one of the gardeners!...

:O
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Reaver of Souls

How about some new attractions...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

^ your awesome

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Alien rencounter was deisnged to get the teens and other people to enjoy the park more... what happened was people ignored the warnings saying this attraction is to intence for young kids.. and they then complained to city hall after... eventually they were forced to change it...

AE would have worked in DL... as the exterious would ahve been impressive.. (or dumbed down impressive) and gave you warnings before you enter the queue/cattle gate...

• I Heart Disney!!!

AE would not ever fit back at disneyland, but they do need to change and get rid of HISTA it is just not fun at all!! No Joke is Lame, evne VEry Lame!!!!

• Part of Your World

I've heard about this ride and only know that it's supposed to be scary. Sounds intriging, I would love that in our Tomorrowland.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

George Lucas pulled the plug on the DisneyWorld version, before it became Stitch's Escape. I don't think either one will come to Disneyland but maybe some other attraction can replace INNOVENTIONS, the former PeopleMover Rocket Rods, and Honey I Bored The Audience.

OMG, I was in WDW this week (for work ) and Stitch's Escape was HORRIBLE, IMHO...but the pre show was good....the rest was, well, uneventful....

Ok, here is my view on this topic. First of all, I believe that ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, in any way shape or form, will NOT be returning to WDW or making it's way to Disneyland. I think with the trouble and money spent on it and its successor, Stitch's Great Escape!, I don't think they want another mess in California.

However, I believe that since there is a renewed sense in space travel or travels to Mars, they could rejuvenate Mission to Mars. Using the harness type seats of Alien Encounter, but with 21st Century technology and special effects. The preshow does not have to have the audio-animatronic although it would be quite interesting. But with the possibility of manned flights to Mars closer now than in 1975 or at least with the exploration and live photos they have, I think they could bring back Mission to Mars.

As with the other posts on Innoventions, HISTA, Star Tours, and Peoplemover.

I want to start out on Star Tours. It needs a rehab. When I was there in September, I went on it and I was some what shocked. First to see that saftey spiel with the woman who looks like a 1985 American Airlines Flight Attendant, no offense to anybody, and in Cabin number 1, the television was blurry and and static as though it needed to be replaced as if it was gonna just go blank sometime, and on the ceiling of the cabin there was some paint or putty as to cover a crack or something.

HISTA, I think is a little old but it still brings in people. The Peoplemover, I don't know what is going on there. However, Innoventions is a little, well just stale. There was like four exhibits. HP, Honda, St. Joseph, and I never saw the Pioneer like it said on the park map. I don't want to start anything but if they do remove the CoP from WDW, I hope they put it on the first level and find a sponsor and put a display upstairs, and not get rid of the idea of a technological showcase, but by moving it upstairs and calling it something like, Intellistation, eStation, inventions, or use the old name Innoventions. But if Innoventions stays it needs to change the whole load thing. Not by themes but by all having the same idea and a small preshow and having all the demonstrations upstairs and on the bottom have more of the hands on equipment. New Sponsors like what Segway, Honda, Motorola, Bosch, Boeing, HP, or Kodak. Just so it gets an update.
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 10-28-2005 at 01:10 PM.

• Party Planning King

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Alien encounter is a wonderful theme. Aliens have been popular for decades. People want to see and hear aliens. It is a perfect Audio Animatronic attraction.

Here is my suggestion: To balance things out, they need a new attraction that has good aliens and bad ones (for suspence!). It can work the same way that it is Tough to be a Bug works. Good bugs introduce; Bad bugs interrupt. Good bugs prevail. Simple story, but a good one for aliens. It could even be an Alien band at one point. (Don't ask me what an Alien band would sound like...) It could be fun for younger ones and still entertaining.
    Sounds like the perfect idea for a new film for the HISTA theater. An original 4-D film with animatronics, and new "never before seen" alien characters. Sort of a clone of the "Tough to be a Bug" plot, but with aliens instead of bugs.

I love it! Think of the merchandising opportunities.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• Koubu Pilot

Yes, originality is good. Does anybody remember when Disneyland was the trendsetter in theme park attractions? Look at all 5 Magic Kingdoms and their lands and attractions. How many of those attractions were cloned at Disneyland? Very few. Almost every attraction found at the other 4 parks originated from Disneyland and Disneyland still has attractions like Matterhorn that have never been replicated at other parks. We need something in the Magic Eye Theatre that will make the other parks want to copy it.

• Monorail Racer

I'd hope they'd come up with something a bit better for the space than just the AE/Stitch attraction. A little more work, TL might just be a land worth visiting again.

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Ever since I watched a travel channel special years ago, I have always wanted to experience AE. From what I saw, it would've made one great experience. When I heard it was replaced with Stich, I was very mad. I think instead of putting it in HISTA, they can put it in the Innoventions building and have two showings at a time, if separated properly, or just have one showing with a lot more seating and a chance for more room for a different experience.

As for HISTA, I am all for bringing back Captain EO

I keed, but I think the HISTA is definitely past it's prime by many years. I think the entire genre of the "3D oh my goodness something is attacking me. I know because I felt a puff of air go past my leg" movie is way due for a kick in the pants. If anything, it shouldn't be based on a Disney, let's see something creative from WDI, like AE was.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast