• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Re: Alien Encounter at DL?

This ride scared me
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    I think that the Alien Encounter may be too intense for Tomorrowland, if you could get it to fit into the theming I would recomend putting it somewhere in DCA
    I'll second that. Never got to ride it myself, but had heard nothing but rave reviews from most that did. We all know DCA needs more stand out attention grabbing attractions, this would be one I wouldn't mind seeing there. Could be a secret alien research facility in Condor Flats or a some sort of Sci-Fi production sound stage gone wrong in Hollywood. I'm sure Imagineers could come up with some creative ways to fit the story into DCA that wouldn't be any more out of place than Muppets and Bug's are.
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• Quality Assured

This was not a lame ride, it was a mature intense experience for the late child, teen, and adult demographic. At WDW what replaced AE, Stitch, a young child oriented demographic targeted attraction gone horribly wrong. That would be a LAME ride. The new Pooh Playground which serves the purpose of fulfilling an under 3 feet demographic is also LAME. Stitch and Pooh's Playground are LAME attractions that do not equal half the number of people that Alien Encounter could attract. Also, LAME to me means having to use a known character to make an attractive attraction, such as Stitch and Pooh. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/Astro Blasters and Indiana Jones are my only non-Fantasyland exceptions. Timeless classics like the Haunted Mansion don't revolve around one character, which makes it timeless, original, and unique. (why did they have to make it a movie?)
    Now, being hypocritical, do I want to see Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa in POTC...yes. Why? Pirates of the Caribbean: COTBP is a timeless movie, it is reminiscent of the movies of old which hired great and popular actors, had a timeless script, and fantastic scenes and settings. Although loosely based on the attraction (which was excellent, unlike the Haunted Mansion) it can still be minutely tied in to the ride. A Captain Jack Sparrow animatronic here and there saying instant favorite lines such as, "STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP!" and "WHY'S THE RUM GONE?!?!?!" appeal to audiences, and AA's have greatly advanced since the late 60's and early 70's. The "guts" of the Disneyland original will remain the same, while WDW's will be gutted...most say WDW's is like a "sparknotes" version anyway. WDW has no restaurant, less scenes, no going up the waterfall, no Bayou, etc...Disneyland has the classic status that could be made even better by attracting more guests with the use of new animatronics from a promising trilogy, updated scenes, and the use of new technology (bed sheet flames just doesn't cut it there days)
    So was AE lame, definately not. It was an original, and appealed to a wide range of people that could get what they could never get at a Disney theme park ever before...scared.

Now I foresee a rant coming my way...
    "Grab your torch and pitchfork..."-Shrek

I loved AE, and I was 12 at the time I rode it. I found it original and thrilling. If they added some more story elements and maybe even a fun tiny drop like Backdraft has(where the ground drops a few inches from under you).

As for being too scary? I was 12, a nice middle ground for the Disney Audience. I also think more teenagers attend Disneyland as a fun hangout. I know me and my friends go constantly. Disneyworld is more of a family vacation spot: meaning less groups of teenagers. I would like to see something a little dark in Tommorowland. I wish they had kept the premise for the Atlantis sub ride. Visiting an underwater sealab rather than a lost continent, and being attacked by a seamonster.

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

We need more future rides. Let’s bring Mission Space to DL. Let’s take out the Starcade and put in a nice Theme in Queue Area for Mission Space. Then off around the old Peoplemover track to a new building behind the Pizza Port that’s where the Mission Space ride will be located at. After the ride you end up in the old Innovention building that will hold all the Post ride Flight Simulators and other exhibits for space and future ideas will be. Also put the Astro Orbitor on a nice new platform back in the center of Tomorrowland.

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

• Yes its that much fun!

^^^^YEA!!!^^^^
    I agree Down with HISTA Mission Space could work in that areea and get rid of the old Starcade! While we're at it get rid of Pizza Port and give us an updated MTM!

Sorry folks but I will have to give a big thumbs down on the whole Capt. EO thing!
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

Quote Originally Posted by FromWithin
    ^^^^YEA!!!^^^^
    I agree Down with HISTA Mission Space could work in that areea and get rid of the old Starcade! While we're at it get rid of Pizza Port and give us an updated MTM!

Sorry folks but I will have to give a big thumbs down on the whole Capt. EO thing!
    I don't think Mission: Space would fit in that area (even if you took out the Starcade), as I've said before and will say again: The only spot where Mission Space could fit is in where Innoventions is now, or maybe at DCA in somewhere near Soarin'. As for the Alien Encounter, I thought of a good spot to put it in DCA- why not the old Millionaire building!

• Imaginative Possibilities

True HISTA has to go I'm sure we can all agree on that, but as for importing a ride from a park elsewhere, I dont think thats such a great idea. Originality is key. If DL was to come up with something original and it be successful, it not only bring in more revenue from SoCal residents, it would also import revenue from places beyond. Just like Mission Space did for WDW, I know people out here who traveled way the hell out there with that ride being a main cause for the trip. Originality is best for thrills and revenue.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack
    Also, LAME to me means having to use a known character to make an attractive attraction, such as Stitch and Pooh.
    You know, everybody seems to forget that Walt named Sleeping Beauty Castle that five years before the film was even released.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• ROFLCOPTER

Well, the Spiderman ride was not that great. Its not bad, but its not the "best theme park attracktion", as some have said.. I have always thought they should combine ToT and Alien Encounter, the two 'scary' rides at the Disney parks into a uber-cool ride.

A deserted alein reserch facillity looms in the distance.. Strange noises and lights come from the building..
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by rihard2000
    Yes Stitch seems to be a failure, but Alien Encounter was too. It was a bad idea for the MK audience and had to be reworked into something else. How would the situation be any different in Anaheim?

How about they just do a new film for the HISTA theater. An original movie and story that none of the other parks have.

Sad. I was gonna say that I'd like to see Stitch as opposed to AE. Just because it might be too scary. How about just turning Innoventions into Mission Space? And I really don't wanna see the restaurant go. I happen to like it there sometimes. Might be pricey, but it's some good food.

• ...lurks...

Never seen the show, but something new maybe just what the doctor ordered.

• Sock Puppet

Know what the funny thing is? I just saw Saw 2 this past Saturday. And with it came the preview for Final Destination 3. The disaster this time around? A huge fatal accident on a roller coaster!!! After this, some people may not want to go on coasters anymore.

• Vehicle rotating backward

A few things:

1) Mission Space is too big to fit in DL

2) Please, no POTC movie tie-ins on Walt's original idea.

3) However, I wouldn't mind if they used the Alien Encounter technology in POTC or a new ride based on the POTC film or something. While I hold POTC-DL to be sacred, I do see the appeal of the film and how it's darkness could make for a great AE-esque attraction. Perhaps being in a room dimly lit by a full moon behind the clouds, trapped in a room with zombie pirates, perhaps at some point the light passes over a spot and you can see an animatronic skeleton-pirate or something. That would be neat.

I think that the inventions they developed to pull off Alien Encounter were quite interesting. I think they should find a way to use them outside of Tomorrowland, and tell a story outside of "space alien on the loose."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345