Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

The eucalyptus trees in back of City Hall were part of the old orange groves. Blue gum (eucalyptus globulus) was commonly planted as windbreaks around orange groves in southern California and around farms in the Central Valley of California. The ones between City Hall and Adventureland are still there today.

BAH! Your photographs mean nothing!!! I want proof!!! er...sorry...this authoritative streak got the best of me again.

• Minion

It does look like they planted a bunch of ficus trees behind City Hall and in front of the row of eucalyptus. And the large trees to the left and right of City Hall are also ficus. The smaller one in front of City Hall appears to be either an olive tree or a California pepper tree, which I doubt they would have. Can't really tell from that photo.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    The trees were colorblind. That much we know.

The trees were not colorblind! Only conifers are color blind, these were orange trees, see ORANGE, so that's a fact!!

I do like how all the trees encompass City Hall, the older photo makes it look so open and well, incomplete. I love trees though, so maybe it's a "me" thing there, lol
    Yaye!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by luke7059 View Post
    Do these "errors" really matter though?
    If we were baseball fans in a baseball forum, would the errors matter? Yes. As they would to movie fans, automobile buffs, and fans on most any forum of special interest.

I liked the first post, but a few people started getting a bit authoritarian and jumped down his throat.
    You don't have your history of the thread straight. The original OP contained no mention of whose book it was, or that it was even from a book -- which since has been corrected and cleared up.

There are a couple of people taking themselves FAR too seriously in this thread...
    Speaking of authoritarian, who are you to decide what's "too serious" in this or any other MiceChat thread? Clue: if you don't like it, don't read the thread.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• ---------------

Bingo. I liked the first post, but a few people started getting a bit authoritarian and jumped down his throat.
    At the same time
    I'd rather know a true fact
    then continue to spread "hear say"
    I the Matterhorn story (basketball hoop/height restriction) was told to me during the AP preview of "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps".
    In the same tour, opening speech was also said (NOS train station)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Do these "errors" really matter though? Disneyland has had a long and successful life so far, and over the last 55 years people have re-told stories and rumours, some of which have entered into folklore and become "fact".

Whether the "facts" are true or not shouldn't matter, it's a testament to the popularity of Disneyland that some of these rumours have lasted as long as they have! I think it's great that over the years people may have made stuff up about Disneyland in order to get themselves some credit!
    what if you were the person who did the bull dozing?
    Would you want history to go down as you screwed up and you were color blind?
    or would you rather ppl know the truth?

I don't think anyone is trying to hurt anyone's feelings or trying to be a "Mr./Mrs. know it all".
    I think ppl are trying to clear things up so those who were before us have a good name left behind them for them.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112