Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 171
  1. #46

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    Disneyland is the stuff of imagination and dreams.
    Disneyland is of THIS world, and the facts associated with its creation and operation should not be mixed in with the myth.

  2. #47

    • Decor Extraordinare
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    El Segundo & Hermosa Beach, CA
    Posts
    334

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Well I guess what I could do is organize it all into Fact and Myth, to prevent further confusion. Although now, I don't see the point - it would all still be in the same thread.
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

  3. #48

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,911

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    This theard is turning very negative...

    Personally I thought it was interesting to read all the info, myths or not.
    There should be no argument becuase the author of the book did not have the right facts.

    Its a mistake and this was meant to be interesting and maybe even thought provoking.
    Disneyland is the stuff of imagination and dreams.
    I see it as a good thread. We are fiding out what's real and fiction. It's strange to me that so much misinformation would be in a book of Disneyland facts.

  4. #49

    • Here Kitty, Kitty...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    28

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    I'm enjoying the thread even though it's a mix of facts and fiction. Though I'm not sure my opinion really matters.

  5. #50

    • Knight that says Nee!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Kablary View Post
    Well I guess what I could do is organize it all into Fact and Myth, to prevent further confusion. Although now, I don't see the point - it would all still be in the same thread.
    I appreciate the chance to discuss some of this, that's kinda why MC is here...my only issue was the title indicated what you posted were FACTS when many were not. Several people came on here thanking you for the information and how they "learned from it." THAT is exactly how all these false urban rumors start. I have never heard of the book or the author you quoted from but it's clear that if he published those tid bits as facts that he didn't much real research. He apparently just wrote down the old tales and rumors (myths) floating around about the park and then published them as "facts". That's too bad.

    Anyway, it was a laugh reading some of them. Thanks!

  6. #51

    • Knight that says Nee!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Dinah View Post
    I'm enjoying the thread even though it's a mix of facts and fiction. Though I'm not sure my opinion really matters.
    'course it does! opinionate away!

  7. #52

    • Here Kitty, Kitty...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    28

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    'course it does! opinionate away!
    O thank you!

  8. #53

    • Decor Extraordinare
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    El Segundo & Hermosa Beach, CA
    Posts
    334

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Dinah View Post
    I'm enjoying the thread even though it's a mix of facts and fiction. Though I'm not sure my opinion really matters.
    Don't make me chuckle! Your opinion matters just as much as anyone else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    my only issue was the title indicated what you posted were FACTS when many were not.
    Correct you are, sir - my title was indeed misleading. I'm hoping that people realize it's been corrected
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

  9. #54

    • Say Cheese!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The question becomes, "why post such lengthy excerpts from Hoffman's book?"

    What's the purpose of your thread?

    Again, I don't mean to offend you -- I'm genuinely puzzled.


    Because maybe some of us, who do not own this book, would love to know these little-known/well-known facts/myths without having to buy the book? If he wants to share, why not let him share? Now I'm puzzled.

  10. #55

    • Decor Extraordinare
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    El Segundo & Hermosa Beach, CA
    Posts
    334

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    I believe the issue was resolved, so share I shall, good sir! But later this evening, when I have even more time on my hands
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

  11. #56

    • Say Cheese!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Kablary View Post
    I believe the issue was resolved, so share I shall, good sir! But later this evening, when I have even more time on my hands
    Thanks, Kablary. I love reading these little facts and myths about the park. Thanks for sharing.

  12. #57

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own demented world
    Posts
    3,561

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    I have never heard of Small World called "The Asylum". We have called it the "The World of Small" but never the Asylum. Plus Traditions is only a day class not one week. It was only a day when I first hired on in 84 also.
    PirateMunkee

    Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

  13. #58

    • Decor Extraordinare
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    El Segundo & Hermosa Beach, CA
    Posts
    334

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I have never heard of Small World called "The Asylum". We have called it the "The World of Small" but never the Asylum. Plus Traditions is only a day class not one week. It was only a day when I first hired on in 84 also.
    Thanks for that fix - I'll hop to it!
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

  14. #59

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    a land far far away...
    Posts
    94

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts about Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Kablary View Post
    The question becomes, should I bother posting the rest of the information if it may or may not be true?
    I think it's fine to go ahead and do so, it can still be a discussion and people may still state that's not true , that's interesting etc.
    However it depends on how many (not always constructive) criticisms you wish to take...

  15. #60

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Little-Known and Well-Known Facts/Myths about Disneyland

    "-- Disney doesn't let bulbs die - each one is replaced when it reaches 80% of it's life."

    This one made me laugh, and I know it may be extreme nitpicking on my part, but it's really easy to walk down Main Street every night and spot the dead bulbs. But also, I don't hold it against Disney. That's a lot of light bulbs. They're bound to go out.

    Also, I'm really enjoying this thread, because I've heard many of these "facts" and I'm glad that we can put some truth to them in a civil way. I was once (long ago) one of those people who thought the stake under the castle was the center of the park. Because of threads like this, I know now it's not. Let's keep it up! Woo!

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Disneyland facts I never knew
    By PerformerInWaiting in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 12:47 AM
  2. [Fun] Disneyland Urban Legends and Myths
    By JennyandMickeyMous in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
  3. The Top Ten Most Obscure Facts about Disneyland
    By Aura of Foreboding in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
  4. Disneyland fun facts and trivia
    By Disney Wrassler in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 11:01 PM
  5. 50 Little Known Facts About Disneyland (Satire)
    By Eisnerland in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •