World of Color -Show Overview (warning: long post ahead and major spoilers!)
Here's something I put together last night -- it's nothing we don't already know, just an organized list that provides an overview of the show with brief scene descriptions. This is the basic layout of the different segments as described by Steven Davison
. As he already mentioned, this is the initial roadmap for the show and some segments are subject to change once the actual show opens. Opening
I. The Magical Light
- Show starts in the audience, sweeps out into the lagoon and enchants the water, making it sparkle.
- Lasers appear; Out of the mist comes the magical light.
- "The Wonderful World of Color" theme song.
II. Tinker Bell Enchants Walt Disney's Words
- "Every Child Is Blessed With A Vivid Imagination" - Walt Disney
- The letter "D" becomes Little Squirt, who makes his first appearance as a little orange fountain. The Colors of Earth, Sea, Sky
I. The Magical Forest, featuring the Spring Sprite.
- The Spring Sprite flies through the lagoon and enchants the water, creating beautiful trees and flowers.
- She unveils the 400-foot wall of water.
II. River Bend/ Pocahontas
- River made of fountains flows towards the audience
- Segment transitions into "Just Around the River Bend" and "Colors of the Wind"
- Ends with water butterflies and the tunnel of light. Color in the Storm
I. April Showers
- Heimlich appears and greets the audience, popping up from behind a leaf.
- The Old Mill emerges in the middle of the rain shower, which then becomes a full-color Storm/Lightning display. Colors of Wonderland A Technicolor Wonderland
- Falling Alice lands in Wonderland and meets the White Rabbit, who is done as a white fountain racing across the lagoon.
- The White Rabbit's clock explodes, the numbers fly up against the back wall of water.
- Transition into Card March
and Flower Garden
- Cheshire Cat appears and disappears; this is followed by the fountains playing pong with his head.
- Alice's world is swept away by a wave. Colors of the Sea
I - The Little Mermaid:
- A wave made out of lasers takes us down into the ocean, into the world of the Little Mermaid. "Part of Your World".
- Projection domes first appear, rising out of the water as giant jellyfish.
- "Under the Sea", The fountains dance, Little Squirt guides the way as they all do a conga line.
II . The World of Crush/Finding Nemo
- A big wave brings Crush into view; he takes us surfing, the fountains make the curve of the EAC.
- As Crush splashes out, Marlon and Dory appear - they encounter and talk to a giant whale made entirely out of fountains. Sailing Through The Stars
- Dory calls the whales. The whales come splashing up, rising from the water and flying out towards the sky; they sail off into the stars.
- The projection domes appear again and transform into planets; LED lights take on a sparkle tone as the lagoon turns into a sea of stars. Colors of the Universe
I. The World of Wall-e and Eve
- Diana shoots her arrow across the sky, the comet becomes Eve.
- Wall-E and Eve, "Define Dancing".
(Details about this scene were kept secret by Steven, but he described it as a "sumptuous dream in color in the stars".)
II. Infinity and Beyond
- We end up in Andy's room, we see Buzz and Woody on the bed; they argue over whether or not Buzz can fly..
- Buzz flies! and becomes a giant ribbon of water and laser interaction; all the fountains rise up into the sky, with the little green aliens making an appearance as the scene wraps up.
- Carl shows up in his house, they float up into the sky.
III. Aladdin And Jasmine
- As the scene transitions into the sky, we see Aladdin and Jasmine appear out of the clouds. "A Whole New World".
- They sail through the clouds on the magic carpet, the fountains perform a water ballet beneath them.
- They fly off into the full moon. Color of Fears
I. A Medley of Villains
- Dr. Facilier appears as the full moon begins to get eclipsed.
- Esmeralda emerges as a living piece of fire and then becomes animation as we enter the Hellfire segment.
- The Firebird from Fantasia appears and it is created out of fire and water.
- A drum sequence leads into the Chernabog scene. (not too many details here either, all we know is it will feature a lot of fire!)
- The fire stops, the mist goes from red to green as Scars makes his first appearance. Scar takes us into the next big segment of the show, The Water Stampede
. Fears to Tears
I. The Magical Auroras
- After the stampede and Mufasa's death, we see Dumbo, Bambi, and Simba appear with their families. The aurora borealis lights shine in the background.
- Belle says, “I love you”, the Beast rises and transforms.
- "So Close" medley from Enchanted plays, as Sleeping Beauty awakens. Snow White is kissed and is awakened.
- All the transformations explode and become the Million Points of Light. Finale
I. The Kaleidoscope of Color
- All the colorful worlds appear all together and they join into a bright and colorful kaleidoscope finale.
- Tinkerbell once again enchants the words, "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
- This leads into the last finale scene which, at this point, hasn't been revealed yet.
- The fountains take their final bow.
After the show, an encore piece will follow.
The End! Let me know if I missed anything or if you think anything should be added/removed.