Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Not So New Member

Frog Princess Meet N Greet

Is the Frog Princess and Naveen Meet N Grett continuing in New Oreleans- Since the Jubilee is over? Or is she being banished to the Princess area?
    disney lady

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Frog Princess Meet N Greet

I heard they are still there until Disney decides on what to do over there. On the other hand, I did overhear a supervisor say that Tiana is going to be moved to PFF.

Right now it is staying in the Court of Angels...we'll see what the future might hold

• Banned User

Princess and the Frog, not Frog Princess.

I hope she stays in New Orleans and PFF is blown to bits and pieces.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Let The Princess FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cherry Tart

As of now I heard managers are actually at war with eachother about the subject. Some want to keep her in New Orleans, others want to get rid of Naveen and stick Tiana in Fantasy Faire. There are even rumors of a 'Frog Naveen' fuzzy in the future to replace the face character (which I admit, I would despise). But that's pure rumor right now, no decisions have actually been made.

I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. Personally, I would hate it if Naveen got the axe like all the other male characters. He's a title character, and he should be out every day, just like Aladdin is out there with Jasmine. Sticking Tiana in PFF with the rest of the girls would only reinforce the fact that Disney sees her as a marketing tool who was added to the Disney Princess line just for the sake of ethnicity.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Sweet as honey

I would b a very sad girl if they got rid of Naveen, he was my favorite from the film! I really hope they keep them as they are, Jasmine and Aladdin are fine. They should use them as an example.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    As of now I heard managers are actually at war with eachother about the subject. Some want to keep her in New Orleans, others want to get rid of Naveen and stick Tiana in Fantasy Faire. There are even rumors of a 'Frog Naveen' fuzzy in the future to replace the face character (which I admit, I would despise). But that's pure rumor right now, no decisions have actually been made.

I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. Personally, I would hate it if Naveen got the axe like all the other male characters. He's a title character, and he should be out every day, just like Aladdin is out there with Jasmine. Sticking Tiana in PFF with the rest of the girls would only reinforce the fact that Disney sees her as a marketing tool who was added to the Disney Princess line just for the sake of ethnicity.
    you are right..i remember when they were first pushing the film and they were tooting their horns about the first black disney princess...it did bother me a bit,but here is question ..and its sticky that's why i think they are arguing. do they
    1. throw her in PFF and show off that they are all princese's and all get along no matter their race(and yes the marketing machine could roll on for days with that)
    or
    2. leave her in new orleans and have her seem segregated ..(yeah how do you awnser that?)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dolcemiele View Post
    I would b a very sad girl if they got rid of Naveen, he was my favorite from the film! I really hope they keep them as they are, Jasmine and Aladdin are fine. They should use them as an example.
    if they do away with naveen..and replace him with a fuzzy..it would look to wartner bros..(they have michigan J frog,)

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    2. leave her in new orleans and have her seem segregated ..(yeah how do you awnser that?)
    Really? Why does it always have to be about race?

The main issue would be whether she deserves her own personal Meet n Greet spot when all the other classic princesses are forced to live together in PFF without their Princes.
    I feel like she does deserve her own spot... and maybe this will be inspire them to let Aurora go to the castle again, or Snow White go back to the well where they both belong.

And I would be very upset if they got rid of Naveen, he is a great character and some of the guys they have playing him are amazing.
    I think a frog couple of both Naveen and Tiana would be a fun alternative to trade off between their human selves... but in no way should it be a replacement.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Really? Why does it always have to be about race?

The main issue would be whether she deserves her own personal Meet n Greet spot when all the other classic princesses are forced to live together in PFF without their Princes.
    I feel like she does deserve her own spot... and maybe this will be inspire them to let Aurora go to the castle again, or Snow White go back to the well where they both belong.

And I would be very upset if they got rid of Naveen, he is a great character and some of the guys they have playing him are amazing.
    I think a frog couple of both Naveen and Tiana would be a fun alternative to trade off between their human selves... but in no way should it be a replacement.
    its not always about race, just thinking on the lines of the lawyers..things of this nature need to be handled not only with the fans of the character involved, but the lawyers have to stick the noese's in to...look how long it took EO to finaly come back to the park..all obstacles need to be dealt with..and yes even race if it applies, before proper decision can be made.things aren't as simple as they used to be

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. Personally, I would hate it if Naveen got the axe like all the other male characters. He's a title character, and he should be out every day, just like Aladdin is out there with Jasmine.
    You hit the nail on the head about how Naveen is a title character. I believe that her and Jasmine are the only two Disney animated princesses where their male co-star is also as important of a story element as the princess is. Because of this fact alone Tiana and Naveen should at the least be roaming characters in the park and should not be banished to PFF.

Although this could mean that we'll be seeing them exclusively at Goofy's kitchen from now on.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head about how Naveen is a title character. I believe that her and Jasmine are the only two Disney animated princesses where their male co-star is also as important of a story element as the princess is.
    I feel like the titles of both movies reinforce that point.
    "Aladdin" and "Princess and The Frog"
    However I still think it would be nice to have the other princesses appear with their princes every once in a while.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Well the Estimated Gross for the movie being out is only $132 Million well see if she even stays around in the part at all. ;/

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Queen Elsa

I finally got to Meet them on Christmas and I really hope they keep both of them. Naveen was nice to me asking how my Christmas was going and saying to me when I told him it took me 4 times to finally meet them. He said well 4th time is a charm. I was planing of seening them again this Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast