Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Tinkerbell!

1/4/10 Detailed Trip Report!

So, yesterday I went to the parks to celebrate my sweet sixteen with one of my best friends. Fearing massive crowds, we were pleasantly surprised to discover that it wasn't too bad, I have seen lighter and heavier crowds before. Our first stop of the day was to get fastpasses for Space Mountain. After that, we went and rode BTMR. The wait wasn't too bad, about 15 minutes. This was, however, about 11:30 in the morning. The line grew longer as the day went on. After that, we went over to Pirates, and discovered a couple of things that I didn't remember seeing before, in all my many visits. We then met our friends and we went on Splash Mountain together. The wait was seriously about five to ten minutes. I was great. And our photo was of epic proportions.

http://i50.tinypic.com/oiejp.jpg

Then, my friend and I split off from that group and went off to use our fastpasses for Space. The line inside was actually longer than usual. Inside of hitting the line just before or in the room where the ride loads, we actually hit the line not too far into the inside of the building, but the line went pretty fast. I pretended to have fallen off on the ride in our picture.

http://i47.tinypic.com/zpzr4.jpg

Sorry, the pic is really blurry!
    After this, we headed off to California Adventure, and ToT. Expecting to have to get a fastpass, we were shocked to find the line time said 25 minutes, and even more shocked when it only took about fifteen minutes to get through the line. We had an amazing ride, as always, and my friend didn't completely freak out like she usually does. I love making crazy scared faces in the pictures and seeing how many tourists laugh at my face. I suggest you try it sometime! After that, we went into the Imagination Studio, which, being and actress, I absolutely adore! We did the acting out thing over the character's voices twice, since no one was in line behind us.

After this, we were really hungry, so we went to the food place by Soarin', I don't remember the name. We got the Flyby Fries. They are chili cheese fries with onion, tomato, and sour cream. They are also huge! Me and my friend split them, and we still didn't finish! At only $5.50, plus an extra discount if you have a pass, these fries are great to share if you are on a tight budget, and they are delicious! After the fries, we took a quick picture. I got a little crazy...

http://i46.tinypic.com/15nwpk4.jpg

Anyway, we then headed to the Ferris Wheel, swinging car. We forget how scary those cars are! But, we did meet a little girl who was turning eleven that day. She was talkative. After our scary experience, we went on Maliboomer. Both of us had been on the ride before, but that didn't stop my friend from freaking out. People were laughing and videotaping here. It was pretty exciting. Then the ride didn't start when it was supposed to, so we all had to take off are safety restraints and rebuckle them. The worker scared us, but we survived. Everyone in line was getting a good laugh. After that, we got fastpasses for Screamin', and got tortillas, flour! They gave me a bag for my birthday, but they were cold, and not as good as they are when they are warm! After that, we left the park to go get fastpasses for Indiana Jones. On the way out, I was uber excited to spot a cat! It made my day.

http://i45.tinypic.com/23mu5bc.jpg

This was by the train with the ice cream place in it. The Zephyr, I think it's called? Anyway, that was the goal of my day, to find a cat. On the way over to Disneyland, we visited my other friend's stone thing. Then we headed in and got our fastpass. On the way out of Adventureland, I spotted Aladdin. He wasn't in the normal meet-n-greet area, so it was pretty cool. I, being in love with him, had to take a picture. He asked me how old I was turning, and when I told him, he said "That's a good age". I agree, Aladdin. Here's the picture:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/jqrprl.jpg

Then, we went back over to DCA, and went on Scremin', which, of course, was amazing! There was this guy two seat ahead of us that pulled out a stuff duck and put it on his seat, then took the picture with it. It was pretty funny. Anyway, here is an example of my crazy face:

Then, we went back over to DL (I know, right?) and meet our friends again. We went on Matterhorn, which is def. the best in the dark, in your own seat, with your legs crossed. After, we went on BTMR again, which is also really fun in the dark. Then, we were hungry and thirsty, so my friend went to buy a drink at a food cart. That's when we meet Robert. He was probably the most amazing DL cast member I have ever met. He was super funny and super nice. I asked him if there were any popcorn vendors open (a lot of places were closed by that point), and he told me where to go, then said to me "My good friend Steve works there right now. Tell Steve 'Robert said to give us popcorn NOW!'" So, we did. Steve responded with "Tell him he is a jerk". We fully intended to go over there and tell him, but Robert came to us. They were really funny together. We told Robert what Steve said. Then, Steve asked me if I wanted to hear a birthday song, I said no, but I'm regretting that now. Anyway, I fully intend on looking for them every time I go to DLR. They made my day. Again. After that awesomeness, my friend and I split off again, and went on our last ride of the day, Indiana Jones. There was this adorable little girl next to us going on the ride for the first time. Too bad the ride was ruined by this guy obnoxiously screaming the entire time. He was doing it on purpose, it was easy to tell. This line was really long to. Almost immediately after getting inside, we met the line. It took us a total of thirty minutes to get on and off the ride, when it usually only takes ten or less with a fastpass. Anyway, after we got off, we went over to met my parents, and we left the park.

Our day was amazing, one of the best trips in a while! Can't wait to go again! Thanks for reading
    Last edited by littleactressann; 01-05-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Banned User

Re: 1/4/10 Detailed Trip Report!

I celebrated my sixteenth birthday at Disneyland too :) It sounds like you had quite a day! That's really nice that is wasn't too crowded, makes things a lot better that way. I'm glad you had a great time! And I must say, that Aladdin is verrry cute ;) Haha.

• YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!

Happy late birthday hun!! ^^

Wasn't it crazy that it wasn't crowded but every ride had a massive line???
    MEOW.

Happy Birthday to both of you.

• Future Tinkerbell!

mandypandy- Thanks! lol...yeah he is pretty dreamy..my friend disagreed. ahaha

itsxxdomoxxkun- Thank you! Yeah, it was so weird! I've never seen that before!

I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    mandypandy- Thanks! lol...yeah he is pretty dreamy..my friend disagreed. ahaha
    :O really? I can't see how anyone would disagree! He's 5438543 times better than any of the other Aladdin's I've seen (no offense to those guys) but still. Haha :D

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i love when a trip report has detail! and that sounded like a very awesome day to me
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Glad you had a great time on your Birthday! Not many better places to celebrate it!

• Future Tinkerbell!

chadb14-Thanks!

mandpany- I know! Gosh...I just love Aladdin as a charcter in general! Lol...I wish he was real -sigh-

GummiBears_Rock- Yeah, I had a lot of fun! Does my TR have a good amount of detail? I thought it did...but you are probably a better judge than me!

I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm happy you got to see a cat! I know that was your main objective since reading about it in another thread.

Joe

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I am very glad for you that you got to spend the day with your friend just having a great time!! Happy Bday!
    Yaye!

• Disneylander in Arizona!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, I was fortunate enough to be in the Resort for my 20th Birthday a few years back and it is definitely one of the best places to celebrate stuff like that. Glad you had fun and awesome trip report.
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***Next trip to the Disneyland® Resort***
    ***May 9, 2012***

• Sock Puppet

Aw sounds like such an awesome day! Glad you had a great time. My first cat sighting was on my bithday. Now I haven't gone one trip without seeing one.
    I met aladdin last time, he's a cutie. haha

• Future Imagineer! =D

Happy late Birthday! It looks like you had fun!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• world class bilge rat

Great TR!

I'm glad you finally got to see an actual cat at DL. Even if it was being lazy and sleeping the day away. lol. (Typical cat, huh? lol).

You write well, I enjoyed your narrative. It made me feel like I was there too!

I'm glad it wasn't too crowded. Huge crowds tend to kill the magic of DL for me.

Happy Birthday, though a bit late.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast