Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Jack's Posse

Wink Your E-ticket Ideas

Hello everyone. Recently on the Al Lutz update yesterday it was said that disney plans to expand with new E-ticket attractions. This got me thinking what new attractions could or would they build. Then I thought what I wanted to put in. For an E-ticket attraction I would add an [scary] Alien Encounter attraction. A bit toned down just a little yet scary and creepy enough. This would replace Innoventions. So now my question is what would be your E-ticket attraction you would add to Disneyland.( just in case you don't know an E-ticker attraction is an unusually interesting, thrilling or expensive experince such as Splash Mountain, BTMRR, IJA, Soarin') Would it be character infused or a fresh new idea. Tell me your ideas I would really like to know what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Senior Minion

Re: Your E-ticket Ideas

I'd like a more thrilling version of Western River Expedition, maybe a flume-coaster hybrid for FL. Maybe it could have a Lone Ranger theme if they insist on something with a movie tie in. I'd also hope it would bring back some version of Cascade Peak and new waterfalls. In TL my hope would be for be a motion base thrilling dark ride or maybe a robotic arm coaster maybe a new take on ATIS or something new and original. If they really wanted something with a franchise, I'd be ok with a Tron Cycle coaster or even something Marvel as long as it fit TL well and was well done.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

While I don't have any specific E-ticket designs up, I have several rides included in the posts in my signature, specificly the "Tommrowland" link. It details a great way to upgrade Innoventions and Autopia.

• <3

I'm wondering how they're going to do the Little Mermaid Ride. I thought it would be cool if it we're like an underwater roller coaster adventure telling her story. I'm just hoping it won't be another submarine ride...
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katclarissa View Post
    I'm wondering how they're going to do the Little Mermaid Ride. I thought it would be cool if it we're like an underwater roller coaster adventure telling her story. I'm just hoping it won't be another submarine ride...
    It is well known that the Little Mermaid in DCA will be an omnimover much like the Haunted mansion. Sorry, no coaster.

• <3

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    It is well known that the Little Mermaid in DCA will be an omnimover much like the Haunted mansion. Sorry, no coaster.
    Aw man. I guess that's cool too..
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." - Walt Disney

• Diva Extrodinaire

An Iron Man coaster in Tomorrowland or Pocahontas boat ride in Frontierland
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

I'd like to see the northern section of Frontierland expanded beyond the berm and have a slow nature train ride, and a roller coaster (an adaptation of Expedition Everest, either as Denali or Whitney). Plus a walk-through underground caverns attraction.
    For Tomorrowland a new E-ticket based on WALL-E, something running on the PeopleMover tracks and a new version of Adventure thru Inner Space with updated technology. Updated Carousel of Progress instead of Innovations.
    Northern area of Tomorrowland (former Fantasyland Autopia area) converted to an Aqualand, with a water surface boat ride, a large volcano on the northeastern corner with an E-ticket thrill ride in it. Walk through glass tunnel attraction under the lagoons.
    Critter Country can lose Pooh and replace with Pooh's Hunny Hunt outside the berm with the entrance in Critter Country.
    Northern part of Fantasyland, Princess Fantasy Faire moved somewhere else, such as the Skyway station. New Mary Poppins Theater built in northern Fantasyland, with live Mary Poppins Suite show several times a day, eventually adding Peter Pan live show.

• Jack's Posse

^I like your ideas they are idealistic and perfect, especially the aqualand idea. Plus the Mary Poppins theater I think everyone will enjoy.
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington

I would like to see a mixture of the Discover Bay and Mysterious Island concept for the North East corner of Tomorrowland.
    No need for the Autopia anymore even though the Frontierland BBQ Ranch area could work as well..

I think Frontierland is the land that is in dire need for expansion. I would love to see the return of the WRE concept to the BBQ area and possibly one small attraction.

and then finally take out the Fantasyland Theater and expand the area with the latest animated movie attractions like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin

• Jack's Posse

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I would like to see a mixture of the Discover Bay and Mysterious Island concept for the North East corner of Tomorrowland.
    No need for the Autopia anymore even though the Frontierland BBQ Ranch area could work as well..

I think Frontierland is the land that is in dire need for expansion. I would love to see the return of the WRE concept to the BBQ area and possibly one small attraction.

and then finally take out the Fantasyland Theater and expand the area with the latest animated movie attractions like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin
    The WRE is a great idea I wonder why they don't build it here at DLR or any other park in the world.
    Mike Skellington

• Disneyland fan since 1967

How about this: Put a new themed water flume ride where the Motor Boat Cruise used to be. The name?

The Great Bayou Adventure

Guests would be frogs traveling on logs or even "alligators" through the bayou. Along the way, they encounter thrills such as hungry alligators, evil shadows (as occurred in Princess and the Frog), and other obstacles, before finally reaching the voodoo queen for a climactic scene. Think Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain all rolled into one.
    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

I think any replacement for Innoventions needs to be in context of what Tony Baxter already has up his sleeve for the TL "update". While "something" definitely has to go back up on the PM tracks (Tron lightcycles?) and the AO definitely needs to back up on top of the old PM station, we don't really know what TB has in mind. Although we already know STII is coming......

I would vote for moving Pizza Port over where Starcade is now and use the HISTA/Eo theatre and PP space for something else, but I'd really like to see a version of Mission Space (despite most people's disdain for clones).

In FL, I thought FoF theatre area would have made a good spot for a "Narnia" attraction, but since that franchise is now dead, I think an Aladdin or Beauty & the Beast dark ride would work really well. Moving the Fairy M&G up to the FL skyway station is also a good idea.

On the east side, I'm not thrilled about a Tinkerbell attraction, and the "fairies" franchise doesn't seem to be holding momentum as they hoped it would...... Problem is they still need to take into account the Monorail tracks - AND, they're expensive to move........ However, the area to the east of the pathway definitely needs an attraction.

I was wondering if they might "extend" the Castle "walls" further north towards IASM to continue the motif around PPF, MTWR, SWSA and Pinnochio. They could build queues into the "walls" for any new attractions..... maybe even add another castle "gate" leading into Toontown........

In Frontierland, I'm not sure there is enough room for WRE, it seemed like a very grand-scale attraction, and a lot of it's concept is duplicated by Pirates.... wouldn't it be a little repetitive to have PoC in NOS and then WRE a few hundred feet to the North? I'm not a fan of Discovery Bay only because there's already so little in Frontierland, adding a new "land" with an entirely different "vibe" would be counter productive.

I don't really know what I'd like in Frontierland, but it probably shouldn't be a Mine Train (even though I loved it when I was little). Frontierland already has one train, it doesn't need another. I'd also probably vote against anoher coaster. Even though I love roller-coasters, I think one per "land" is probably enough.......

Oh well, maybe WRE is the best solution....... or maybe a Lewis and Clark themed WRE (in canoes....... with rapids....... AND animatronic indians).......? Zorro? Or does that make it Southwesternland?

Sorry, I don't realy have any solid ideas for Frontierland, I just know what I don't want - I'll be curious to see what other suggestions pop up on this thread........

• Jack's Posse

Quote Originally Posted by SillySpook View Post
    How about this: Put a new themed water flume ride where the Motor Boat Cruise used to be. The name?

The Great Bayou Adventure

Guests would be frogs traveling on logs or even "alligators" through the bayou. Along the way, they encounter thrills such as hungry alligators, evil shadows (as occurred in Princess and the Frog), and other obstacles, before finally reaching the voodoo queen for a climactic scene. Think Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain all rolled into one.
    That is a great idea yet would fit better in NOS or Critter Country
    Mike Skellington

• Minion

If they ever move Autopia, they should move it over to the new CarsLand, which would be the most appropriate place for it. Autopia isn't that "Tomorrowland" any more; driving a gasoline-powered car around isn't futuristic now. They could have Autopia run throughout CarsLand and even share some real estate with Radiator Springs Racers, much in the way that Autopia, the Monorail and the PeopleMover tracks all intertwine on the same real estate now. They should keep this in mind when designing Radiator Springs Racers now and save some room for Autopia to go through it too, and not have to retrofit it into the design later on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast