If you were three....

I have only been to DL as an adult and my wife and I are bring our 3 year old daughter on her first trip to DL this April.

What are some of the things that we should not miss? We are already planning on the characters breakfast. Any input would be great.

• DL Obsessed

Re: If you were three....

Well, i will say one thing. The character breakfast is awesome! Make sure you try the strawberry cupcake before your stomach is too full to eat it. It is SO so good!

Also, take it easy. Suggestions are to go early, then take a break, and go back until your child is too tired.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

We did all of the character meals on our last trip in a 5 day span. I'd say the best was Storytellers for breakfast and/or Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. If you want more info I can give you the complete run down on the different character dinning places. Town town is a must! Everything is bright and big and super attractive to the toddler/preschool age (as well as every age in between!) Fantasyland is great for that age group, It's a Small World, and Dumbo are really fun, but I would recommend skipping Snow White's Scary Adventure and Mr Toads Wild Ride, for some reason those rides don't seem to go well with younger kids I've been there with. In California Park Bug's Life Land is nice for that age too, the rides are really mellow and kid size. Also, if you've taken her to a movie theater and she thinks that loud, the sound in Finding Nemo subs are pretty loud like that. If you want to take her to the Princess meet and greet, I'd go straight over first thing in the morning, because when we went the line was always super long! Usually a 1.5 - 2 hour wait, but the morning we went there first it was only about 45 minutes. Pixie Hallow was usually about 45 - 1 hour wait. Hope that helps!
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

Also, good shoes for the kiddo, and because she's little a couple times a day you might want to have her sit down and take off her shoes and check for really red spots, those turn into blisters fast!
    Yaye!

• Waiting for fireworks...

My 2 1/2 year old loves It's a Small World, Pinocchio, Dumbo and the Carousel. She also loves to watch Playhouse Disney at home so the show at California Adventure is always a must. Whenever she needs a rest, we go take a trip around the park on the train or the monorail.

Have fun!

Blog Entries

Oh and turtle talk with crush!
    Yaye!

• Achieving epicness.

My son is 16 months old and has already experienced Pirates, Haunted Mansion, IASW, Nemo and every thing in Fantasyland. He loved it all, but was super stimulated and overwhelmed at times just because so much is going on.

So like others mentioned, take your time and take breaks in any quieter areas you can find.

I'm sure it will be awesome no matter what you do.

When the twins were 2 1/2 it was their first trip and once they got over the initial shock of the characters (they were bigger than they expected) it was all about getting autographs. Minnie's breakfast was (and still is) our favorite because it's a litttle more casual in the character interactions so we seemed to get more time and saw the characters more often. They saw Capt. hook there and cried but he brought them balloons and now he is their favorite. Lilo and Stitch was also fun since Daisy and Minnie would stand by the door and dance with the kids in between taking pictures.

mr. Toad was scary for them but they liked Pirates and Mansion (even though they cried during the drop).

We would go into the park early and then leave from 12-4 for naps and then enjoy the evening. See as many shows as you can and spend some time in the play areas at DCA so she can just have fun.

Blog Entries

The Lilo and Stitch at the PCH changed, it's now Surf's Up with Mickey and friends, Stitch is still there but Lilo has returned to Hawaii I guess
    Yaye!