Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Reaver of Souls

A bit of the old magic...

Just an observational point....

My wife and I went to DL this weekend (actually we went to DCA (which was crowded! And full of people with MAPS!), then over to DL), and we went on a few rides, went to Gibson Girl and got an ice cream to share (no more Fantasia ice cream? ) and then sat down in the hub at the start of Main Street (by the DLRR station) to eat it. After sitting there for a minute or so, I really started to look around, and was really, really surprised with how wonderful everything looked. First, the hub itself was beautiful and colorful, with lots of fresh, in-bloom flowers, and some topiary/bench combos I'd never noticed before. Second, there wasn't a single vending cart there. No pins. No churros or popcorn. Nothing. Sitting there, looking down a newly renovated Main Street (while ignoring the Pepto Bismol lighted castle), it was easy to imagine that you were on a turn of the (last) century street. Shops bustling with people, parents and children coming and going...

The only other time I had felt that way recently was during the "Believe... In Holiday Magic" snow section. There's always a certain magic there. But this was something else entirely. This was simply the park, looking clean and vibrant, transporting me to another place. Not with lights, animatronics or special effects, but simply by design.

It gives me a lot of hope for the rest of the park. Because if this is going to be a regular thing, and not just for the 50th, we're finally changing course, and heading back onto the right track. Main Street is a beautiful place, and I hope it stays that way. Next time you're at the park, just stop there and take it all in. See if it effects you the same way it did me...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    That's a wonderful post. I hope that Main Street continues to be odv free!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Some one posted a picture of Town Square without the ODV carts. I have to say it is really a big difference.
    The Mur

• Banned User

Very magical indeed. Main Street has been getting more and more magical as the last year has progressed.

No one will say it, but the critics, Al chief among them, were right.... All those updates showing peeling and faded paint and rotting roofs really paid off for us fans.

Thanks Al!

Oh... and that is Town Square, City Hall on one side and the Opera House on the other side.... the hub is the other end of the street.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by themur
    Some one posted a picture of Town Square without the ODV carts. I have to say it is really a big difference.
    Al's last update

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    First, the hub itself was beautiful and colorful, with lots of fresh, in-bloom flowers, and some topiary/bench combos I'd never noticed before.
    I love those benches. I only noticed them last year, now I have to take a moment to see what is planted in there every trip.

So glad that you had such a magical experience. Things are definitely looking brighter at Disneyland.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Very magical indeed. Main Street has been getting more and more magical as the last year has progressed.

No one will say it, but the critics, Al chief among them, were right.... All those updates showing peeling and faded paint and rotting roofs really paid off for us fans.

Thanks Al!
    Yes, Thanks indeed! Sometimes you don't notice how bad it is until you start seeing it refurbished. It really is looking great!

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Oh... and that is Town Square, City Hall on one side and the Opera House on the other side.... the hub is the other end of the street.
    Thankee! I couldn't remember the name right off hand as I was posting!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Still wants to be a cat!

That should help keep the magic alive!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Greetings, Program!

Second, there wasn't a single vending cart there. No pins. No churros or popcorn. Nothing. Sitting there, looking down a newly renovated Main Street ....
    Get the feeling that Paul Pressler is out there somewhere actually feeling those ODV carts missing?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:07 PM.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    Aaahhhh, mamabot I love your pictures!
    Did you take the one of the tulips in Al's update? It is now my backdrop!!!
    I wish I was that talented! The picture was taken by Al. My mom and everyone in her office loved his picture too. She thought it should be entered into a photo contest.

The topiary picture was mine.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Just an observational point....

My wife and I went to DL this weekend crowded! We went to Gibson Girl and got an ice cream to share (no more Fantasia ice cream? ...
    WHAT...I can't believe what I read today! I was looking at some older threads and ran across the above and was just really bummed out. Fantasia Ice Cream has been a tradtion with my family since our first taste of it years ago. After doing some research I found that MP made a mention of it in a December article and several other websites are lamenting its disappearance.

Is anyone else as saddened by this news as I am?

• Rainicorn.

I've never had Fantasia Ice Cream! 19 years of living and NEVER HAD IT. Once I read about it, I wanted it, and it WAS GONE. (laments)

Main Street really looks gorgeous. With the ODVs (especially around the holidays) it gets really crowded and messy and you just want to get out of there as fast as possible! If you just take it easy and take a look around then it's really magical. I am so happy for its magnificent return.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Disney worshipper/geek

The only other time I had felt that way recently was during the "Believe... In Holiday Magic" snow section. There's always a certain magic there. But this was something else entirely. This was simply the park, looking clean and vibrant, transporting me to another place. Not with lights, animatronics or special effects, but simply by design.
    I feel the same way. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye...(sorry, I'm terribly sentimental)
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for such a great post, it gave me chills- I can't wait to see it for myself!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast