Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12345122752102 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Mass Transit to Disneyland Resort

Hey.... there is always Super Shuttle...

Problem is, like when I fly there... I go to
    San Diego or Ontario... NOT LAX...
    There are way too many airport options
    for using transportation like this...
    John Wayne is closest (but by far, not the
    cheapest option on SW), yet most go to LAX...
    then Ontario is also close... San Diego for
    me was cheaper the last time I flew... etc. etc. etc...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I think the LA to Vegas high speed rail or Maglev is a real possibility.
    I honestly don't think it will ever happen. I've been hearing about that Maglev project for 20 or more years, and I'm confident I'll be hearing about it in 20 more.

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Are you sure that there are no pay phones because I used to take Metrolink to Anaheim Station on a daily basis and I remember a telephone being available in the waiting area immediately outside the station building?
    you're probably right, i'm not totally sure but i'll look into it and find out! my 2nd job is parking control for Angel Stadium / the pond so i'm always running around the station area and I didnt see a phone, sometimes when i was doing the parking people would walk up to me and ask where a payphone was and i would point them to the gas station etc cuz they couldnt find one so this is probably why I thought there was no phone :-P They should connect the MetroLink to the Disneyland railroad!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPLightningBug
    Hey.... there is always Super Shuttle...

Problem is, like when I fly there... I go to
    San Diego or Ontario... NOT LAX...
    There are way too many airport options
    for using transportation like this...
    John Wayne is closest (but by far, not the
    cheapest option on SW), yet most go to LAX...
    then Ontario is also close... San Diego for
    me was cheaper the last time I flew... etc. etc. etc...
    SuperShuttle? I only fly JetBlue, which unfortunately means I only fly into Long Beach, and have had to deal with SuperShuttle every time. They are morons. The average 16-year old could drive better. They are consistently late, almost drive on the curbs, and in August, our driver left the water cap off so that all the water boiled off, the car overheated, and it took an hour for another van to come pick us up. I think I would actually take Orlando's Mears over SuperShuttle.....
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I live in Ventura, and have taken the Amtrak "Surfliner" many times to Anaheim station. The train makes several Ventura County and San Fernando Valley stops, and has a brief layover at Union Station downtown. It then heads to Fullerton and the Big A en route to San Diego.
    It's not as good as if the train took you right to the resort, but I've usually been able to take a shuttle or OCTA Katella bus to get to the Disney area without too much hassle.
    Amtrak's also a great way to go to Angels games - but because of their schedules heading back (north of LA)it only really works for day games. Does Metrolink offer schedules where fans living closer to the stadium can go to night games - or evening events at the Pond - or even Disneyland at night?
    By the way, I find it somewhat refreshing that people still need good-old-fashioned pay phones sometimes. I am nearly 50 years old - and yes, I do have a cell phone, but I don't feel that I have to carry it EVERYWHERE I go at ALL times.
    There. I've ranted. Thank you.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I am still waiting for a Bullet like train that runs the length of the state along Highway 5 , like 2 hours max from Sac to Disneyland! Imagine the possibilities .Imagine no trucks cutting you off or getting stuck in a "truck clump", no welcome LA traffic , just one small request a stop at Harris Ranch for a meal.

• white and nerdy

to paraphrase early Los Angeles city planners: "We don't need no stinking mass transit system. We've got freakin' Freeways everywhere!"

oh.... the foibles of humanity
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    I am still waiting for a Bullet like train that runs the length of the state along Highway 5 , like 2 hours max from Sac to Disneyland! Imagine the possibilities .Imagine no trucks cutting you off or getting stuck in a "truck clump", no welcome LA traffic , just one small request a stop at Harris Ranch for a meal.
    Sad to say, you'll just have to keep waiting. And waiting. But don't worry, LA is slowly growing closer and closer to Sacramento anyway so you eventually won't need the bullet train.

Pity our unfortunate souls in NV. We have someone who so desperately wants an LA-Vegas express that they're securing funds to build a high-speed train from the city out to the state line, and then hope that California will build a track out from SoCal to meet them there. Except California is flat broke. So we're looking at a train that's going to go out to the middle of nowhere in the Mojave.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I have a car, insurance and gas... but I would take Amtrak/Metrolink to Anaheim if there was a stop at Disneyland Resort or if DLR had a shuttle bus every 20 min to the resort from the Trains.

• Minion

Well ... get this load of good info:

I had to use the bus from a nightclub directly infront of the Spaghetti Factory/Amtrak Fullerton station one night recently. This was at night .. pass midnight .. and I got an EASY bus ride to the Esplanade/Plaza stop within 10 minutes!!! EASY! With busses running every 10 to 30 minutes!!

So .... the trick is not going to the Katella/Angel Stadium stop .. but the HARBOR BLVD. stop .. and be droped off the east side of the Esplanade on the side of Tomorrowland.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Someone should write up "The best way to get to Disneyland by Mass Transit" and submit it as a guest column on MiceAge.com

• Minion

Basically .. anyone who lives along the one and ONLY mass transit line that runs through SoCal - METROLINK ............

• Minion

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

There's also the MTA lines. Too bad nothing goes down the 5 fwy from Downtown LA to Disneyland Esplanade.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disneyland could post bus information at a kiosk by the bus terminal off the esplanade.