Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Disney Fan & Musician
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,764

    When are the christmas decorations going down?

    They've been up for a while longer. Anyone know if some will still be up on January 14th?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

  2. #2

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,186
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    I would say that be down Toworrow or weekend
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

  3. #3

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    The "small world" area will remain decorated until January 18th.

    The Tree on Main Street was taken down last night.

    New Orleans Square was still decorated today.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  4. #4

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The "small world" area will remain decorated until January 18th.

    The Tree on Main Street was taken down last night.

    New Orleans Square was still decorated today.
    Tree was taken down at least 2 nights ago.
    I was there yesterday (Wednesday) and there was no tree.

    I like that Small World was still decorated (didn't make much sense), but it's still nice .

    Oh and also when I went the castle was completely undecorated... except for one tiny wall what still had its icicles... just thought it was funny haha.

  5. #5

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    I have been at the parks everyday for the last six days!

    The tree was up on Wednesday afternoon, and removed after park closing and replaced with the ugly "Celebrate" Balloon Envelops thing by the time the park opened on Thursday.

    Photos of all 6 days at the link below, including the tree.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    i was there Tuesday morning and thought it odd that the tree was still up and appeared to be fully decorated. I could be completely wrong, but it seemed that the tree was always one of the first things to come down after the official holiday time was over. In fact, I remember some years when lights of entire sections of the tree would go out and they would just leave them knowing the tree was about to come down. Maybe everyone was busy trying to get the refurb walls up in Frontierland.

    At any rate, having the tree there sure beat having that envelope thing back. I thought that was LAST year's theme. Are all of the light pole decorations coming back too?

  7. #7

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,831
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Well instead of the YEAR of a million dreams we had the YEARS of a million dreams... maybe we're going to continue celebrate another year too! After all.... what kind of decorations and theming could they do for "Volunteer a Day?" That promotion doesn't lend itself to a lot decorations wise.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Well instead of the YEAR of a million dreams we had the YEARS of a million dreams... maybe we're going to continue celebrate another year too! After all.... what kind of decorations and theming could they do for "Volunteer a Day?" That promotion doesn't lend itself to a lot decorations wise.
    How about a giant, ugly looking, multi colored hammer? Table saw? And you could still have the "Celebrate!" street party, but maybe everyone could wear hard hats.



    Probably a good thing I don't work in Disney entertainment.


    Personally, I was hoping that they would be doing something BIG for the 55th.

  9. #9

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,538

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I have been at the parks everyday for the last six days!

    The tree was up on Wednesday afternoon, and removed after park closing and replaced with the ugly "Celebrate" Balloon Envelops thing by the time the park opened on Thursday.

    Photos of all 6 days at the link below, including the tree.
    I was there on Wednesday too. I didn't see the tree either. My guess is that it was removed before I arrived in the afternoon.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  10. #10

    • 1st Visit: 7/23/1955
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cave Creek, AZ USA
    Posts
    788

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    I have a question, since I wasn't there for the holidays this year.

    Was the castle decorated? I ask because right before the Rose Bowl telecast they showed pictures of the park and the players going on the Matterhorn. And in their shots, the castle was not decorated. No snow. No lights. I was shocked. So I'm wondering if they spliced in standard shots of the park from another time of year.

    Thanks!

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    682

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    The Year of Celebrations is continuing through this year as they celebrate the 55th Anniversary. The Envelope will be up til Halloween time. Even Mickeys Floral is going to be balloons until the end of the year. Horticulture suggested bringing back the pumpkin masked Mickey, but Entertainment said no. They have spent their budget for the year so they don't want to spend the money. They don't want to change anything except the balloons like last year.

  12. #12

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I have been at the parks everyday for the last six days!

    The tree was up on Wednesday afternoon, and removed after park closing and replaced with the ugly "Celebrate" Balloon Envelops thing by the time the park opened on Thursday.

    Photos of all 6 days at the link below, including the tree.
    I am 100% positive the tree was taken down sometime before noon, because that's when I got there.
    I parked at Mickey and Friends and on the tram ride to the park I saw the tree in three pieces behind the transparent fencing.
    And when I got into the park, alas, there was no tree.
    They had an ugly 1 foot high fern in its place.... maybe you thought that was the tree?
    Wish I had a picture, but I didn't get any photos of Main Street till about 5pm.
    But I assure you there was no tree at noon. And the Celebrate balloons must have been put up overnight because those were not there either when I was leaving at 8:30pm.
    If you were there for 5 days I'm sure the days blur together... I don't blame you, the same thing has happened to me

    Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    The Year of Celebrations is continuing through this year as they celebrate the 55th Anniversary. The Envelope will be up til Halloween time. Even Mickeys Floral is going to be balloons until the end of the year. Horticulture suggested bringing back the pumpkin masked Mickey, but Entertainment said no. They have spent their budget for the year so they don't want to spend the money. They don't want to change anything except the balloons like last year.
    Spent their budget for the year?! On WHAT?!
    The Volunteers Cavalcade and Celebrate couldn't cost them THAT much money.
    Last edited by Awesome; 01-08-2010 at 12:53 PM.

  13. #13

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,831
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I have a question, since I wasn't there for the holidays this year.

    Was the castle decorated? I ask because right before the Rose Bowl telecast they showed pictures of the park and the players going on the Matterhorn. And in their shots, the castle was not decorated. No snow. No lights. I was shocked. So I'm wondering if they spliced in standard shots of the park from another time of year.

    Thanks!
    The castle was in full decoration mode this year. I'm not sure why it looked like the castle wasn't decorated, unless they had already begun to take the lights and snow off of the castle.

    Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    The Year of Celebrations is continuing through this year as they celebrate the 55th Anniversary. The Envelope will be up til Halloween time. Even Mickeys Floral is going to be balloons until the end of the year. Horticulture suggested bringing back the pumpkin masked Mickey, but Entertainment said no. They have spent their budget for the year so they don't want to spend the money. They don't want to change anything except the balloons like last year.
    Darn! I loved the pumpkin masked Mickey!! Maybe next year!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    682

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    I am 100% positive the tree was taken down sometime before noon, because that's when I got there.
    I parked at Mickey and Friends and on the tram ride to the park I saw the tree in three pieces behind the transparent fencing.
    And when I go into the park, alas, there was no tree.
    They had an ugly 1 foot high fern in its place.... maybe you thought that was the tree?
    Wish I had a picture, but I didn't get any photos of Main Street till about 5pm.
    But I assure you there was no tree at noon. And the Celebrate balloons must have been put up overnight because those were not there either when I was leaving at 8:30pm.
    If you were there for 5 days I'm sure the days blur together... I don't blame you, the same thing's happened to me



    Spent their budget for the year?! On WHAT?!
    The Volunteers Cavalcade and Celebrate couldn't cost them THAT much money.

    On Wednesday, there was sod and a fern (to hide a pipe) at Christmas Tree Point. Envelope went in on Thursday AM. Today color was added around the envelope this morning.

  15. #15

    • Disney Fan & Musician
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: When are the christmas decorations going down?

    Wait, so are you saying that Small World will still be decorated in lights on the 14th?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Christmas Decorations
    By TIS17 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
  2. Christmas decorations?
    By DiSnEyFrEaK21 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. So when do you put up your Christmas decorations?
    By Barbossa in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM
  4. Christmas Decorations - When Do They Go Up?
    By AlohaStitch in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 07:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •