View Poll Results: Should the Muppet Christmas Carol play at the Hyperion for the holidays?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • "God bless us, every one!"

41 74.55%
  • "Bah, Humbug!!"

10 18.18%
  • "You wish to remain anonymous?" "I wish to be left alone!"

4 7.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Armchair Imagineer

Holiday overlay for the Hyperion Theater?

What if, every November-December or so, the Hyperion Theater staged A Muppet Christmas Carol?

Great music, great holiday cheer, seems very well-suited to a theatrical format...

Discuss!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Holiday overlay for the Hyperion Theater?

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    What if, every November-December or so, the Hyperion Theater staged A Muppet Christmas Carol?

Great music, great holiday cheer, seems very well-suited to a theatrical format...

Discuss!
    I think it would be cool.
    Don't think Disney would put money into two shows in there.
    You never know though.
    But I like the idea.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

my family watches that movie every single year when we decorate the christmas tree. i think a live muppet show would be awesome.

• Banned User

We do not need 2 Muppet shows in one park. I rather see an original show with original songs and classic Disney characters.

• The Original LOST BOY

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    We do not need 2 Muppet shows in one park. I rather see an original show with original songs and classic Disney characters.
    co-sign
    The Original LOST BOY

In a nice way, no thank you!

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Apart from the present volunteering promotion, I rather feel that the Muppets are rather an underused asset... moreover, The Muppet Christmas Carol is quite different in tone from MuppetVision3D and it would only be for 2 months so I don't think it would oversaturate the park (cough...Pixar...cough... ). Yes, two all-year-round Muppet attractions would probably be pushing it.

Also, I think TMCC has something really special going for it in terms of having its own lovely take on the Christmas spirit. Just like grumpyyy, my family watches it every year while we decorate our tree!

• Hello

Cool Re: Holiday overlay for the Hyperion Theater?

No thanks. Try something else.

• Wilderness Explorer

Apart from the present volunteering promotion, I rather feel that the Muppets are rather an underused asset... moreover, The Muppet Christmas Carol is quite different in tone from MuppetVision3D and it would only be for 2 months so I don't think it would oversaturate the park (cough...Pixar...cough... ). Yes, two all-year-round Muppet attractions would probably be pushing it.

Also, I think TMCC has something really special going for it in terms of having its own lovely take on the Christmas spirit. Just like grumpyyy, my family watches it every year while we decorate our tree!
    Yeah except Pixar is Disney.
    I don't really consider the Muppets to be very Disney.
    I do like the general idea of doing a holiday show. And I guess the Muppets Christmas Carol would be our best bet, so I voted yes.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

There is the Mickey's Christmas Carol.
    But I like the idea of the HT having a holiday show.
    After all, FL lost it theater to those princesses.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Fleeting Inspiration

??? Seriously? How is Pixar Disney and the Muppets are not? Both are highly creative companies/products created by people who, while they may have had a good relationship with Disney, were not a part of Disney. All three made a unique style for themselves and pushed their medium forward in technology and artistry. All three were/are lead by people who are considered visionaries.

Both Pixar and the Muppets were bought by Disney. There really is very little difference in their histories. In fact, Jim Henson's company had a much longer relationship with Disney than Pixar has even existed. Pixar is not Disney, the Muppets are not Disney, they are all their own unique entities, but they all fit well together.

Back to the OP, I really like the idea, but I don't know how it could be executed well. I'd hate to see it done like Avenue Q or Finding Nemo, where you can see the puppeteers.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by kaliwolf View Post
    Back to the OP, I really like the idea, but I don't know how it could be executed well. I'd hate to see it done like Avenue Q or Finding Nemo, where you can see the puppeteers.
    How about the Playhouse Disney stage?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    There is the Mickey's Christmas Carol.
    But I like the idea of the HT having a holiday show.
    After all, FL lost it theater to those princesses.
    I do like Mickey's Christmas Carol, but I think it could get its tribute by costumed characters in Toontown. The muppet version has great music which I think would make it particularly well-suited to a stage production.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by kaliwolf View Post
    ??? Seriously? How is Pixar Disney and Marvel is not? Both are highly creative companies/products created by people who, while they may have had a good relationship with Disney, were not a part of Disney. All three made a unique style for themselves and pushed their medium forward in technology and artistry. All three were/are lead by people who are considered visionaries.
    Marvel was bought by Disney. There really is very little difference in their histories.
    So by your logic, that also applies?
    Good call, Kaliwolf.
    Forget Muppets Christmas Carol, let's do an Avengers Christmas Celebration.

The difference, in my mind, is that Muppets were already a well-establish company that had produced NUMEROUS full-length movies and had its own TV show before Disney had bought the rights to the Muppets in 2003.

Pixar on the other hand had only done shorts and ads for various companies before they made their first feature length movie distributed by Disney.
    So in most people's minds, including mine, Pixar was Disney from day 1. Because most people didn't even know who Pixar was until Toy Story came out. And Toy Story is widely seen as a Disney/Pixar film.
    In 2006 Disney purchased Pixar, not just the rights to the characters, but the entire company as a whole. And ever since then Pixar has played a large role in Disney films.

Again also rewind to where I said "I feel".
    That is my opinion. Not yours, but mine. So telling me I'm wrong, or telling me I'm ridiculous won't do any good, because that is my opinion on the matter.

I personally would rather see a staged production of Mickey's Christmas Carol over a Muppets Christmas Carol, because while I love the Muppets... I feel the Fab 5 is more deserving of a show than the Muppets.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Muppet C.C. is an ok film...I don't know if I would want to see it on stage though. I don't mind the idea of a "holiday" themed production going into the Hyperion during the appropriate season...I just don't think it should be muppets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast