View Poll Results: Bugs land in phase two

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay, it's a great place for the kids

26 25.00%
  • Go! It's a blatant reminder of why we had phase one!

28 26.92%
  • Modify, the idea is good but it needs polish

50 48.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Bugs Land: Stay or Go

Do you see A bugs land in dca's future? By the time phase two rolls around should it stay? Go? Or be modified in some way.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: A Bugs Land: Stay or Go

Modified: It's a great idea, I absolutely love the "Idea" of A Bugs Land. It's the execution that is lacking. I would even say to leave the attractions that are there now, I don't have an issue with them. I think Heimlich's is a GREAT idea but is lacking in execution. It should be expanded to go around the entire land, including the area outside FFF.

And I would love to see more attractions based on A Bugs Life as it's my favorite Pixar movie.

• Disney + Menken fan

I like the idea of a 'It's a bugs life' land but I don't really like the carnival/fair theme they picked (I know the circus thing is a big part of the movie/story but I'd like to see more of the island with the tree ect), I'd like to see a more nature style in the land (but they'll porbaly keep the fair, but if they want to keep the fair I think they should add more details and textures to the fair, from the pics I've seen of the land it looks really plain and cartoon-ish)

~Dex
    Last edited by Xedex; 01-13-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

It's a great idea just needs more theming. Especially with the rides. Remember, Bugs Land was built because of the lack of rides for younger kids to enjoy with the whole family. Taking it out would set DCA back, and DCA can't afford any more set backs!

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Modified: It's a great idea, I absolutely love the "Idea" of A Bugs Land. It's the execution that is lacking. I would even say to leave the attractions that are there now, I don't have an issue with them. I think Heimlich's is a GREAT idea but is lacking in execution. It should be expanded to go around the entire land, including the area outside FFF.

And I would love to see more attractions based on A Bugs Life as it's my favorite Pixar movie.
    My sediments exactly.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Pongo is my hero.

I voted go- but in the future (2-3 years)

The sight of the tent over the bumper cars is starting to erk me when looking at Tower of Terror pics...

one hundred and one

• All-American

I think once Phase One of the DCA renovation is over, A Bug's Land should be one of the first areas looked at for a replacement. It takes up a lot of land for what it offers, and sits at a crossroads-type position in the park that could be put to better use.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I love the idea of being in a land where you're the size of an ant.

However, the themeing could be better than it is now. And I don't feel that carnival-style rides belong in a Disney theme park, as that's exactly what Walt tried to move away from in the first place.

I voted for modified. I think the basic idea has a lot of promise, but Disney could do better than what's currently there.

I'm not terribly thrilled that there's a whole land dedicated to one Pixar film...but with Carsland coming, there's not much to be said there...I just hope this doesn't continue...

Also, A Bug's Life doesn't really enhance the California theme (not that there aren't bugs here)...part of my final decision would be based on what is going to happen to DCA's name. Is it staying? Are they changing it? Last I heard they're still undecided.

If they started from scratch in that area to try to create a new land, that might be good, too. I guess my question would be what would they put there...if WDI wants to stick to California, why couldn't we have a gold rush or San Francisco area? Better yet, why not both? San Francisco and Sacramento aren't too far from each other (I went to both for a short field trip in 4th grade). And then we could see some educational but fun attractions. San Francisco could have an earthquake ride...that would be wild.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

They need to find a way to shoehorn a dark ride in Bugs Land. Also, the Chew Chew Train ride needs a 2nd level and a small show building toward the back. It needs to be at least as long as Casey Jr. at Disneyland. That would help a lot with making Bugs feel more like a "Land" and less like a cheap fix.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I honestly think it is a huge waste of space. Wasn't the main complaint about DCA that it was no better than a local carnival? Bug's land rides are all carnival level rides and there is no reason for anyone over 10 to even go in there. I really do love the being small feeling you get but the rides are just lame. Last time I was in there, all the rides were empty. They were telling everyone to stay on and ride again (everyone being 2 people). The rest of the park and DL were packed that day. This area is a huge loser and does not help draw crowds away from the rest of the park. Again, huge waste of space.

it certainly fits into the park in a strange way.

Flicks Fun Fair almost looks like an island of sorts on the park map. Not sure how all this backstage is going to be reworked with Carsland but I'm sure once Carsland is finished it will all be more obvious how this land can be worked back into the park.

It's strange as it was designed to be an isolated corner of sorts but the physical location has never been right for that (assuming they were always serious about expanding the park)

I think the only thing I really care for is the water play area. I've never cared for how the land is themed to only a singular movie or how it totally conquered the farm theme when the actual bugs theme is only successfull in the fair section. I used to wish the land was in a showroom so it could continue the theme that is present in the lobby of It's Tough to Be a Bug but yeah.

Since my old saving the farm idea is obsolete I'm going to now change my wish to a few of the rides being moved into the old farm area along with moving the water play area. The queue area for ITTBAB is STILL a huge waste of land.

It'd really be cool if Flicks Fun fair could be spread out in front of ITTBAB rather then being to the side of it. But I doubt we'll ever see that kind of aggressive redevelopment.

Isn't phase II of DCA suppose to focus on the Hollywood area, Grizzly Area/Condor Flats and replacing Mullholland Madness?
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I love the idea of being in a land where you're the size of an ant.

However, the themeing could be better than it is now. And I don't feel that carnival-style rides belong in a Disney theme park, as that's exactly what Walt tried to move away from in the first place.

I voted for modified. I think the basic idea has a lot of promise, but Disney could do better than what's currently there.

I'm not terribly thrilled that there's a whole land dedicated to one Pixar film...but with Carsland coming, there's not much to be said there...I just hope this doesn't continue...

Also, A Bug's Life doesn't really enhance the California theme (not that there aren't bugs here)...part of my final decision would be based on what is going to happen to DCA's name. Is it staying? Are they changing it? Last I heard they're still undecided.

If they started from scratch in that area to try to create a new land, that might be good, too. I guess my question would be what would they put there...if WDI wants to stick to California, why couldn't we have a gold rush or San Francisco area? Better yet, why not both? San Francisco and Sacramento aren't too far from each other (I went to both for a short field trip in 4th grade). And then we could see some educational but fun attractions. San Francisco could have an earthquake ride...that would be wild.
    I think A Bug's Land will stay, without it, there aren't really any true kids attractions in DCA, maybe one here and there, but A Bug's Land is FOR kids. I agree with most people here, I like the IDEA of the land, its really what they did with it that is dissapointing. I would love it if they made everything HUGE, so that WE are the bugs, and they should have the land surrounded, so once your in, you can't see anything else. Make it seem like your actually in A Bug's Land.

The idea of a dark ride is great. I think they could do alot with an A Bug's Life themed dark ride. Or even a motion simulator ride of some sort.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I like it but can't see anything else replacing it anyway.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    My sediments exactly.

• Banned User

I thought that the place kinda sucked until I had a kid and she turned 2yrs old. Now it's great because she has an area where she can run around and play in without having to worry too much about crowds.

The one thing that I think could be redone about A Bug's Land is Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. There are some trains at the Mall that provide a more entertaining experience than this ride in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast