Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Original LOST BOY

Surprising my daughter on 1/16/10

some people know this & some people don’t know this about me.....

but HEEEEEERE WE GO (ala Slick Rick)

I have a beautiful 7 year old daughter who loves Disney almost as much as her equally beautiful father (sorry ladies, I’m taken, loll) - anyway.... she hasn’t had the easiest life. her mom had kidnapped her when she was 5 & moved to another state... but a year later + numerous court hearings, private investigators, police reports, & $$, $$$, $$$$ - I got full custody of my daughter. she was struggling in school when I 1st got her because her mom wouldn’t take my daughter for school. when I 1st got my daughter, she had 17 absences that year (& it was only OCT - SEPT is when school starts, so u can only imagine). they told me she was going to probably have to repeat the first grade. but I explained my daughter the joys of hard work & not only did she move onto the 2nd grade, she now is in gifted classes & doing 3rd & 4th grade work.

so, I decided this weekend, I’m going to tell her we are going to Anaheim to visit my brother but my fiancé and I are really going to surprise her with a trip to DLR!!!

the reason I’m making this thread is for ideas or thoughts of exactly how I can make this trip for her a memorable one she will cherish for the rest of her life.

thanks!
    Last edited by ItsFREAKS; 01-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    The Original LOST BOY

• Banned User

Re: Surprising my daughter on 1/16/10

character dining!!!!!!!!!
    ha! i said it first.
    and thats a wonderful thing to do, have lots of fun!

I was thinking that too!

What you are doing for your daughter is so awesome!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• The Original LOST BOY

i was looking into Ariel's Grotto.... but i also know about Goofy's Kitchen.

& someone where told me about the breakfast at Plaza Inn....... does anyone have any info on that?? cuz i think she'd be more into the Fab5.
    The Original LOST BOY

Talking Re: Surprising my daughter on 1/16/10

Be sure and make a mental note and heartfelt satisfaction when you see the excited look on her face when you give her the good news.Nothing quite like seeing a kid excited (or me a 32 year old,LOL)over going to Disneyland.A parent should never forget the joy in their childrens faces.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Don't forget to stop at Town Hall and get her an "I'm Celebrating!" pin. She'll love having people stop her all day to say "Congratulations!"

There's an entire thread here about the little-known things at Disneyland. So when you take her on the Jungle Cruise, remember to ask for a map, things like that.

Character meals, character meet-n-greets, she'll probably love all that. If your finances allow, you can take her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the World of Disney (Downtown Disney) and let her get a princess makeover.

• The Original LOST BOY

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique <~ i thought this was inside the park, by the castle.
    The Original LOST BOY

• Queen of Sarcasm

It is in the park. Disney 365 is in DtD.

• The Original LOST BOY

thanks for the tips!

(& thanks pirate chick)
    The Original LOST BOY

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I did all of the character meals, so I can give you the run down. Ariel's Grotto was good (pricey though), the downside is the selection is very limited. It was nice to see so many of the Princesses, however, they really seemed rushed. Overall, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't our favorite. I had to give an A+ to Goofy's Kitchen. The food was good, and had a special kids size buffet, so they can serve themselves! The kids really liked that because they felt they owned the place! We saw a large variety if characters there, including Cinderella. The dessert bar went on for days, so that's cool if you have a sweet tooth. During the service Goofy came out and the kids got to go help him "bake a cake" and later on he had a dance party. Price was about 25% cheaper then Ariel's Grotto. The best character breakfast we had was at Storytellers, food and service was amazing! Again large variety of characters. During the service this CM dressed at a trail guide took the kids on a walk around the restaurant with Koda from brother bear. I think they also went and had a warm up before that doing stretches and jumping jacks! It was awesome! Again, it was less expensive then AG by about 30%. Plaza Inn by far was out least favorite. We liked the characters and decor but the food was very disappointing for the price. Mickey and Pals at the PCH was good, but the food lacked a bit. Anyway, hope that helps, let me know if you want more info. Also if you want when you make the priority seating arrangements you can always tell them you want balloons at your table ($1 each i think) that way when you get there it is already set up and it's a nice surprise.
    Yaye!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

The make over is cool and there are 3 different price levels, so it's affordable anyones budget.
    Yaye!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ItsFREAKS View Post
    Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique <~ i thought this was inside the park, by the castle.
    yes, it is. Thanks for catching that! I think I was thinking of WDW.

• Hello

Cool Re: Surprising my daughter on 1/16/10

Ask for special privliges like Monorail cab, caboose, JC map. Other than that just go in and try to ride as many rides as you can and have fun.

• Shifting cargo

This is so sweet!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

As a momento, you might want to have her sillouette done in the little shop on Main St. It's very reasonable and you can have hers done with a character sillouette too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast