View Poll Results: Yer Fav'rit Thin's T' Do When Visitin' Pirat'es Lair At Tom Sawyer Island?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castle Rock - Spyglasses 'n frollickin' about

4 10.81%
  • Pirat'es Den - Shipwreck

6 16.22%
  • Smugglers Cove - Capstan Wheel, Bilge Pumps, Bone Gibbit, 'n Bridges

13 35.14%
  • Dead Man's Grotto (formerly Injun Joes Cave)

25 67.57%
  • W. Turner Blacksmith props

3 8.11%
  • Laffit's Tavern - Pirate Point - featurin' stunt show 'n pirate musicians, Th' Bilge Rats

4 10.81%
  • The Landin'... landlubbers come 'n go on rafts

4 10.81%
  • Tom 'n Huck's Treehouse

8 21.62%
  • Gazzin' at Fort Wilderness 'n wonderin' wha' 's goin' on in thar

7 18.92%
  • All th' above... leastwise most o' it

5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ahoy thar! Tell me wha' ye like most about Pirat'es Lair At Tom Sawyer Island?

Thought 'twould be interestin' t' inquire as t' wha' th' fac'rit activities o' each o' ye be when ye visit Pirates Lair At Tom Sawyer Island

Th' island be burstin' wit' all kinds o' fun thin's fer scallywags t' do. Needs t' use this here poll t' help me get an idea regardin' th' most rollickin' activities when I come t' Disneyland soon aft World o' Color opens.

A poll will soon be up. In th' meantime, feel free t' tell us wha' ye like thar. Ahhrrr!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Ahoy thar! Tell me wha' ye like most about Pirat'es Lair At Tom Sawyer Island?

Avast there, captain spurious pirate talk.....

For myself, the best be the first display of abandoned skeletons inside Dead Man's Grotto, along with the soundtrack in that area. The projection effect/AA hybrid pirate in the prison cell further on is pretty spiffy as well.

I did like the piratical band of sea shanties, the Bootstrappers, but they don't venture over there anymore if they are out at all it seems. And I must say, the removal of the old island cemetery is not approved.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

Re: Ahoy thar! Tell me wha' ye like most about Pirat'es Lair At Tom Sawyer Island?

Well, it is always a tradition for me and my friends o play hide and seek on the island for at least a little bit(childish.. i know).

Other than that we found this one spot where the lighting is so perfect that if u re in the little hiding spot, nobody can see you, but you can see them. We just scare little kids and there parents(I kno it sounds mean, but the kids love it! its the parents that seem to get scared)

• =)

I'm definitely a fan of the dungeon/cave (been a while!) where the pirate occasionally comes to life. I found the effect to be quite engaging and well done...like much of PLOTSI, despite the significant thematic issues one can make a case for.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Avast there, captain spurious pirate talk.....

For myself, the best be the first display of abandoned skeletons inside Dead Man's Grotto, along with the soundtrack in that area. The projection effect/AA hybrid pirate in the prison cell further on is pretty spiffy as well.

I did like the piratical band of sea shanties, the Bootstrappers, but they don't venture over there anymore if they are out at all it seems. And I must say, the removal of the old island cemetery is not approved.

The graveyard be back:

Hairy Baby!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Huzzah! Thank ye for good news, Ron of W
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    The graveyard be back:

Nice digs. If there's free cable tv service, I'll move in.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Huzzah! Thank ye for good news, Ron of W

Tell ye wha' I wants on me Tombstone... sausage 'n pepperoni, 'n extra cheese, sausy squeeze... served wit' a thirst quinchin' ale.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-14-2010 at 09:57 PM.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I like the areas that a pirate free.
    It would be nice if they brought back all the great things when the Island debuted.
    I also find the island very relaxing.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    The graveyard be back
    Was I glad to see this! I was on the Island just last November and saw the tombstones. I would have sworn they were NOT there when I was on the Island in May doing research.... whew, thought I was losing it... and, no, you can't comment on that.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Was I glad to see this! I was on the Island just last November and saw the tombstones. I would have sworn they were NOT there when I was on the Island in May doing research.... whew, thought I was losing it... and, no, you can't comment on that.
    They were there in August.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm a fiddle player......

Castle Rock used to be my favorite as kid. Me and my cousin would run around for hours and then we would go into the fort for some pink lemonade and shoot the Mark Twain. Those were the days. Now the rock sucks for lack of a better word. I still do like the bridges and the enhancments in Dead Man's Grotto.

• Minion

dead mans grotto for me,its interactive..and the pirate at the end that changes with the light is just cool,i heard there was a phase 2 but frankly i don't know what that would entale

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I don't really like it anymore, I don't like the pirate theme all over, to me it just doesn't work. I'd say where the graveyard is, is my favorite spot, I love Ft Wilderness, I wish they would refurb it. I miss the Calvary soldiers
    Yaye!

• Future Cast Member

You forgot the treasure, where they used to have the Captain Jack!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    You forgot the treasure, where they used to have the Captain Jack!

Shiver me timbers, I reckon Jack got drunk 'n fell hard into th' treasure. Got a gem dandy o' a knot on his head,
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-15-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast