Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• done

cutie round plush at the DLR

Most people are probably familiar with the cutie line of merchandise that Disney has been releasing. Back in July of this year, Disney released round plush in the cutie line. These plush are very soft and not fuzzy like normal plush. They are also much more squishy than normal plush. We had first seen them in the Emporium at Disneyland, with plush of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto. We bought a Pluto plush for someone who's a Pluto lover, and we were talking about what other characters would make good cutie round plush. I commented that I thought Chip and Dale would work really well because they could serve almost as bookends, and I casually said that if they ever made those, I'd have to get them. A couple of hours later, we were at the World of Disney, and from across the room, I saw them - Chip and Dale. They were so cute. Given what I'd said earlier, I of course had to buy them. Here's a picture of them: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/D...ychipndale.jpg.

When we had bought the Pluto plush, I had also gotten an espresso cup from the Main Street Bakery just because I thought it was cute, and it had the new 50th design. The Pluto plush has a nubby on top of his head, and a friend (she knows who she is) thought it would be funny to put the cup on top of his head. Here's what that looks like: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roundypluto1.jpg. We'd noticed that they were out of stock of most of the round plush for some time, with Minnie really being the only one that was available. We've noticed recently that they got another shipment in because all the characters are available again. I couldn't help but take the opportunity to include Pluto in the 50th anniversary celebration when we saw him in the Emporium again: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roundypluto2.jpg. Note the other roundy plush surrounding him. There's also a Stitch round plush, but he's more like regular plush in texture and density, except that he's round.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: cutie round plush at the DLR

The Stitch one is creepy beyond measure.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

That doesn't really look like Pluto at all. Those things are weird, like they swallowed a balloon or a watermellon.

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

Boy do they ever sell though. The texture, and how squeezy they are are the main reason I believe the spandex ball plush fly off the shelves.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Victoria and I just returned from a few days in New York. While there, we visited the four-story Disney Store in Manhattan. They had tons of the roundies there and the Stitch one is creepy!

BUT WAIT! There's more!

Wait until you see the "devil" Chicken Little figurine! Abject apologies that I didn't have a camera. You ain't seen creepy yet!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• no flash photography...

I have pluto. I'm not sure what to do with it though. I slept on it on the way home, but now it just sits on my bed. I showed it to my daughter today and sat it on the end of my bed....apparently it freaked the cat out. She normally sleeps on my bed, but she's been on my BF's bd all day....(yeah we have seperate rooms, due to his snoring ...LOL)

• lol

Oh my God, I love the Donald one! They had them at World of Disney, 10% off for AP holders.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Costco has some Disney characters (Pluto Stitch Dumbo a Dalmatian)
    in there regular shapes, made out of the same squeezable nylon/spandex
    material.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Fugly.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Prefect

Blog Entries

awwwww....i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!! i'm a HUGE fan of the cuties stuff. i know the big heads creep some people out, but i think they are so cute!! i love the fuzzy pooh bear & friends ones, too. although, not enough to pay $16-18 for each one! LOL!!
    <o>

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I love the Cuties stuff too! I have a Bambi squishy pillow, not that style though it's one fromt he Disney Store and both the boys have MIckeys. I also have a cuties fleece blanket

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• done

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I also have a cuties fleece blanket
    I saw these flannel sheets, and I am so getting them for the guest bedroom. I was going to wait until they had some sort of sale, but it looks like they have free shipping for purchases over $50 through the end of the week, so I'll have to order them this week.

• Circle of Ancients

I LOVE the Donald one. I bought him for my youngest daughter. He reminds me of a hard boiled egg! LOL

• Disneyland Goober

I thought they were cute, especially the Donald (although it reminds me of that old Sanrio character Pekkle?). Anyway, I didn't get one of those, but I did get the round bean bag plush of Piglet. They were smaller, made of different material, and seemed to only be the Pooh characters. I love the Cutie stuff though. I don't have anything cutie, but I got the cutie piglet keychain for someone (from Hot Topic). Anyway, these seem good for younger kids. They are like these pillows I've seen that stores sell for them, and they like them because they're squishy and soft. The only concern I guess is if the decorative material can be ripped off (I used to work at a toy store, I look at this stuff out of habit!).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Some of those are cute - like Chiop and Dale.
    Some are creepy, like the Tigger one. I forget what we decided made him look so wrong but he's creepy!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast