Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Tron Lightcycle Game/ Starcade revamp

With the anticipation of the new film Tron: Legacy rising, one can only think of marketing ideas. One such marketing idea could be actually putting the consumer INSIDE the game. Utilizing the upper floor of the Starcade, they could add a TRON lightcycle competition. Remember games like this?

The bikes will be a similar setup to the classic riding motorcycle games, but you will be virtually surrounded. Whether it be by helmet, or actually in a box surrounding the cycle, the guests will be "in the game".
    The games will be setup in groups of four throughout the room, and the games will all be linked together. Just like the lightcycle game itself, it's survivor of the fittest. Once you lose, you're out. The rider to survive the race wins. The longer you race in the game, the higher the score. The more riders you eliminate, the higher bonus you get. High scores will be posted as well. The room itself will receive a very futuristic arcade theme. Fake advertisements of stores will be periodically changed, bright neon colors, and white and sky blue paint job would encompass the new room.

The lower half we all love to hate nowadays will get new tile, new theme, and will bring in the newest, and most high tech games. Gone are the Guitar Hero Stands, and Nascar simulators. Now, there will be a space ship simulator, (updated technology as the f-16 flight simulators used at Cyber Space Mountain in D-quest in Florida.) With your flight simulator one guest will be able to fly the ship, the other will be the gunner in the battle.
    This is all I have right now. What do you think so far guys?

Re: Tron Lightcycle Game/ Starcade revamp

That isn't a bad idea. I like it. They had done things like this before with VR. They had a few consoles set up that was Aladdin's Flying Carpet. I can't remember the name but it wasn't bad.
    Anyways, Now taking your idea but adding even more to it, why not make the whole Starcade into Flynn's? It keeps it still curent as an arcade like you propose but ties into both movies and the Starcade's past.

Although I like the orange tile for some reason. it reminds me of the past when I could go in there and both floors were blazing away with life in every style game you could think of. DL had one of the largest arcade centers around SoCal and it was intense! I miss the early 80's for that reason.

• Banned User

That's a good addition to it! Make the bottom half vintage flynn's, kind of the "underground"arcade, the have the other upper half the high tech flynn's. I'd like to redo the tile in the bottom half, but keep it orange. Maybe smaller tiles, but with orange, and red, and white colored tile.

• User

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-20-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: hotlinked pictures removed

• Banned User

disneyjedi1 those would definitely be there! On the first level, where everything looks like the original flynn's of course. but they'd HAVE To be in there!

• Parking Lot > DCA

The tile was supposed to get replaced already, but was put off until later this month I believe.

• Vroom, vroom!

This is one of the better Ideas for the Starcade I have ever seen.
    BTW Starcade was a TV game show before it was an Arcade in Disneyland
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Johnny and Me!

I'm all for anything that involves replacing that dirty, chipped 1977 tile! Yeech!

BTW, they will need to install an elevator to the 2nd floor per ADA rules.

• Future Animator

Making the Starcade into Flynn's is a fantastic idea.

I would also like a LightCycle ride, but Flynn's is an easy and great change. Then all they would have to do is change the name and dim the lighting a little bit. Blacklight would be awesome.

I'm kind of typing as I think of this, but as I just said, I would love a light cycle attraction. I think it would be cool if Flynn's would be a version of Disney's new interactive queue, where you would play games in there as you wait to go into the attraction. I know there is zero space behind the Starcade, but if they were to create a Tron attraction and use the interactive queue, Flynn's would work perfectly.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

Everyone clap, the Starcade is finally getting a Mrs. Pacman... Horray Disney!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    I don't believe they would have to add in an elevator since the speed ramps are still in there and can easily accommodate a wheelchair up/down them with ease. As long as those ramps are there they don't need to, plus anyone can also go up the Space Mountain queue and get in that way.

• Greetings, Program!

They need to have Journey playing in the background too.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    They need to have Journey playing in the background too.
    *Dooooooooooooooon't STOP Belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*
    Haha what about Mr. Roboto? Gotta add Styx's classic to that playlist!

• User

Onlyyyyyyy Solutioonnnnnnnnsssss (yay Journey)

1990s Theme (yay TRON)

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (yay TRON Legacy)

More songs for the playlist.

And how about some Daft Punk...? (yay movie scores)

...I am way too obsessed with TRON at the moment. it started getting worse as of '08. It was only moderate before then.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I don't believe they would have to add in an elevator since the speed ramps are still in there and can easily accommodate a wheelchair up/down them with ease. As long as those ramps are there they don't need to, plus anyone can also go up the Space Mountain queue and get in that way.
    I also thought an elevator had to be installed if there was 3 floors or more. Not 2 floors or more. Maybe I'm just making that up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    ...a version of Disney's new interactive queue, where you would play games in there as you wait to go into the attraction. I know there is zero space behind the Starcade, but if they were to create a Tron attraction and use the interactive queue...would work perfectly.
    I thought I read this as in the "queue-less wait system" as to be used in Dueling Dumbos in WDW.

If, and IF this ever happens, I would imagine the 2nd floor being used for simulators and 1st floor used as arcades and/or queue. If capacity would like to be raised, then I can imagine both floors be used for simulators and Ride Design kiosks... with the "queue-less wait system" being a solution to not having any room for a long queue. Perhaps just a small queue to be ready for the next group.

And I bet merchandising would like to sell OnRide Videos at the Space Mountain Ride Photo shop.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-21-2010 at 03:24 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast