Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Car Trolley

Red Car Trolley

I'm really looking forward to the Red Car Trolley. I'm a huge railfan, as a child my dad would take me down to the Southern Pacfic taylor yard in Los Angeles and show me projects he was working on, got to see some wrecks he cut down into slugs. When the 210 fwy was being built they had to cut a hole thru the city for it and tore up the old Red Car Trolley track and my dad got a piece of the rail(dad passed away i now have the rail) When i was 16 I had read a book on the Mt. Lowe railroad in the sky and hiked up to the mntn where the railway once was. I was quite the Indy Jones and was able to locate a lost piece of rail dated from the late 1800's and hiked the several miles back home with it. I have also several different gauges of mine rail and a piece of SP mainline rail(did i mention i collect rail) I have a small piece of Walt's home railroad rail too. We'll this has brought back alot of memories from being a kid and really just cant wait to get on the Trolley.

• Senior Minion

Re: Red Car Trolley

I agree, it's going to be a neat little addition to the park and I'm glad they're doing it. I've been through some mines and seen some pretty crazy old mine track, your post totally brought back some interesting memories. I would never have thought to take a piece of track though.

off of the 14 hwy in Mojave there are some great mines, there going to or at least try and strip mine that area and there are tons of old artifacts that will be lost. i have some pic's somewhere i can throw up if interested.

• Banned User

yeah it's gonna be a nice addition to the park. too bad the jolley trolly doesn't run anymore.

Yep, glad i got to ride that before it was static. Wonder if they ever ran anyone down? kids running all around it when i rode it. That job would have made me a nervous wreck.

This is what I look forward to the most about the redo of California Adventure

• Banned User

im really looking forward to this. it will add the street ambiance the DCA(sorry Mary :P) has so desperately needed since opening for its entrance plaza

• All-American

The Red Car Trolleys, and the overall Buena Vista Street project are actually some of the things I'm most excited about in DCA 2.0. The Red Cars will bring some of those much-needed kinetics, and dare I say, something authentically CALIFORNIAN to the currently dead plaza. The whole area sounds so immersive and steeped in history, that it reminds me of Main Street and the kind of old-fashioned charm that Disneyland is all about.

Can't wait.

• Future Animator

I'm looking forward to the Red Car Trolleys as much as I am for Buena Vista Street, itself. I feel it's not the ride of the trolley so much as the entire experience. Just as the horse pulled cars are apart of Main Street, so are the Red Cars for BVS. It adds a sort of energy to have transportation a part of the atmosphere. It's a very "Disney" thing.

I also hope that they put some sort of "Clover Leaf" signage somewhere, even a small reference. Although, I'm a big Roger Rabbit fan so I may be alone on this one.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    The Red Car Trolleys, and the overall Buena Vista Street project are actually some of the things I'm most excited about in DCA 2.0. The Red Cars will bring some of those much-needed kinetics, and dare I say, something authentically CALIFORNIAN to the currently dead plaza. The whole area sounds so immersive and steeped in history, that it reminds me of Main Street and the kind of old-fashioned charm that Disneyland is all about.

Can't wait.
    Agreed. BVS is just what the doctor prescribed for DCA. that is provided there are not budget cuts and it is still done in detail.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Yes! This is the one thing at DCA that I am most looking forward too. I've been a fan of the Pacific Electric ever since I rode the cars as a boy at the Orange Empire Railway Museum, and I can't wait for them at DCA. I love the fact that they are using the old PE logo, and can't wait for them. DHS was suppose to have them, but the budget got cut, so I'm VERY happy we are getting them.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by BFG3dfx View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Red Car Trolley. I'm a huge railfan, as a child my dad would take me down to the Southern Pacfic taylor yard in Los Angeles and show me projects he was working on, got to see some wrecks he cut down into slugs. When the 210 fwy was being built they had to cut a hole thru the city for it and tore up the old Red Car Trolley track and my dad got a piece of the rail(dad passed away i now have the rail) When i was 16 I had read a book on the Mt. Lowe railroad in the sky and hiked up to the mntn where the railway once was. I was quite the Indy Jones and was able to locate a lost piece of rail dated from the late 1800's and hiked the several miles back home with it. I have also several different gauges of mine rail and a piece of SP mainline rail(did i mention i collect rail) I have a small piece of Walt's home railroad rail too. We'll this has brought back alot of memories from being a kid and really just cant wait to get on the Trolley.
    so let me make sure i got this down, you collect rail? i kid i kid

now for seriousness

i just thought the red cars would be like "yeah ok cool, a trolley thingy whatever." but after i read what you posted, i can actually see getting excited over this attraction, so thanks for so to say, "inspire me" for being joyful for the red car trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Looks like we'll have to keep you away from the red car trolley or you'll walk away with a piece of it....

Seriously speaking though, that's an interesting hobby. How large are these rail pieces by the way?

I'm looking forward to the attraction though, and as MarkTwain said it would bring a little motion into the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Yes! This is the one thing at DCA that I am most looking forward too. I've been a fan of the Pacific Electric ever since I rode the cars as a boy at the Orange Empire Railway Museum, and I can't wait for them at DCA. I love the fact that they are using the old PE logo, and can't wait for them. DHS was suppose to have them, but the budget got cut, so I'm VERY happy we are getting them.
    Orange Empire Museum is cool, i used to take my mom by there before they built Ward's barn for his collection, great place for trolleys

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    so let me make sure i got this down, you collect rail? i kid i kid

now for seriousness

i just thought the red cars would be like "yeah ok cool, a trolley thingy whatever." but after i read what you posted, i can actually see getting excited over this attraction, so thanks for so to say, "inspire me" for being joyful for the red car trolley
    Thank you for the kind words : )

The Trolleys were the best thing ever but firestone & general motors but them and scrapped them so they could sell there stinky buses and tires, just in case you didn't know.

oh and yes i collect rail but only rail that means something to me, not just any old rail ; )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast