How will candlelight effect crowds, parades, fireworks, fantasmic, etc?

I will be coming out to the park for the first time the weekend of candlelight and was hopeing all the experts could give me some comments on how it will effect major park operations such as parades, fantasmic, etc. (for example, no fireworks b/c it would disturb the show) as well as any advice on how to approach attacking (for lack of a better word) the park if you're not going to the processional (also two last questions, where is the processional this year? and what times do they hold it usually?)

thanks for the help!

• Defeats the Huns

Re: How will candlelight effect crowds, parades, fireworks, fantasmic, etc?

I don't have any information for Fantasmic or Fireworks, but Parade of Dreamsw ill be at 11:00am and A Christmas Fantasy Parade will be at 1:15pm and 3:15pm on both Saturday December 3rd and Sunday December 4th.

The Processional will start in Small World Mall, making it's way down the parade route to Town Square. The stage will be in front of Main Street Train Station.

We are going December 4th. We are hoping for Fantasmic Desert Buffet tickets for that night. I imagine it will be crowded. If we don't get that night we are trying for the 9th.
    Fireworks will be shown, parades also on both days.
    The Disneyland web site has the December schedule/calendar posted with times and shows. I don't think it shows the Candlelight info though.
    Might want to check it out.
    http://members.tripod.com/oefrl/1carrie.html"
    Carrie Ann's Page

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swanson

• no flash photography...

I was there last year and the whole candlelight thing was a horrible experience crowd wise. I left the park before the thing started and it was still crazy busy. We came back after it was over. My parents were tryign to leave the park while it was going on. They did not heed my warnigs, They said it was the worst experience ever. CM's screaming at people not to wtach the show and walk...nobody could move...so if you werein front of screaming CM it was bad. The walkway left to move in and out was to narrow in my parents opinion. They really wanted to move, but just couldn't. The next day I had a fevor and needed asprin. A CM was alkign me to the first aid and I mentioned what my parenst had told me. he said they had new CM's workign it and because of so many compliants they were pulled from that nights performance, but it rained so thankfully it was cancelled...

• Defeats the Huns

Though the crowds are one of the WORST in the year, Candlelight is one of the most magical things you can watch at the Disneyland Resort. To me, it was UNFORTUNATE that rained cancelled a show last year.

so assuming CP will be at night, if I don't want to see it, is the park going to be so crowded even while its going that its pointless to try and get any rides in? also, if it completely takes up the front of main street, how do people get in and out of the park w/o disturbing the show?

thanks again for the help!

it's a mess...just one huge mess to egt in and out of the park while the show is going on. Last year was so busy we went to DCA for the majority of out time. Not only was there more people there because of CP, but it was all a day that compnaies ahd their picnics on. Which menas they give their hundreds of employees free tickets tot he park and serve them food in big thinder ranch or the festival arena. It was really busy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

This was bounced around a bit on the other thread, but is the ceremony going to be held at the train station again this year?

As for crowds, yes, definitely one of the worst days of the year. Eat dinner at 3:00 and don't count on so much as a churro for the rest of the day in the park.

If it's back at the train station, it will be interesting to see if the 50th fireworks draw much of the traditional crowd away from the train station area.

I've attended about 5 Candlelight ceremonies as a director of a choral group, so I've never watched from outside of the reserved area. Do they actually allow people to watch from the sidewalks? Is this why CM's are screaming at people to keep moving? This will be the first time I've watched from afar, so I'm not sure how early to arrive and where to sit and or stand. As I recall, I think it involves standing.

The other issue will be people exiting DCA and trying to return to Disneyland with the entire entrance blocked off with walls of humanity. I think there's an unwritten rule that you shouldn't try to get access to the park from about 1/2 hour before the performance until about an hour after.

And think crowded. Insanely crowded. BIIIIIIIIG crowds. Human pyramids of strollers, wheelchairs, kids on leashes and Mickey Christmas hats.

And yet I'm still planning to go! Tis the season!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    If it's back at the train station, it will be interesting to see if the 50th fireworks draw much of the traditional crowd away from the train station area.
    I personlly feel they should keep it away from that area. It's too much of a mad house. With snow white gone and nothing planned there as of yet...hopefully they will move it there this year.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

It will remain on Main Street at Town Square, they wil not remove the Snow White sets, since it is scheduled to return for a summer 2006 run. The sets have not been touched since Labor Day.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

well, thats to bad...where CP is now is just a nightmare, but thats the disney way.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Last year they had the Believe.. In Holiday Magic fireworks, so I would think it would be the same scheduling as last year. Just the crowds may be a bit more. Someone can correct me here if I am wrong, but I believe they have Candlelight earlier in the evening (it gets dark by 5 then) and the fireworks and Fantasmic go off like usual.