Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    238

    Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Walt Disney DisneyLand Museum



    The Museum would be about Walt only pertaining to the park itself and would be a complement to the two other Museums about him(one in san fran by his daughter and the other in his boyhood town.

    Everything inside would be from Walts time period at the park, Vehicles from long lost rides in new condition like we remeber them(mine train, phantom boat, ufo bumper, ppl mover, skyway, viewliner, stage coach, ect. ect.) early animatronics from each area and they could have limited motion or say something ever so often and the early behind the scence equiptment that ran them(with lincoln, blackbeard, birds, Melvin, Buff, and Max who are stuck in Poo right now, ect) Walts office, early tickets, maps, uniforms from around the park from that time. At every location Walt telling us about it in his own words, there's tons of footage of Walt talking about the park and its attractions.

    Where would it go, right where the old Bank of America, Moments with Mr. L and the hat store are located now, Could be themed right in perfectly, It would be a great place to see how the park started and see long lost rides we remember and even ones we didnt know about.

    Some may think Lincoln should not be replaced, i for one go there everytime its open and there is from 10 to 20 people most times for a show, its in the same state as Bear Country show was.

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    199

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    I Like the idea. Not sure where it could go unless they put in a new shop near the parade route in MS....

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    199

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Well not shop building

  4. #4

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Quote Originally Posted by BFG3dfx View Post
    Walt Disney DisneyLand Museum



    The Museum would be about Walt only pertaining to the park itself and would be a complement to the two other Museums about him(one in san fran by his daughter and the other in his boyhood town.

    Everything inside would be from Walts time period at the park, Vehicles from long lost rides in new condition like we remeber them(mine train, phantom boat, ufo bumper, ppl mover, skyway, viewliner, stage coach, ect. ect.) early animatronics from each area and they could have limited motion or say something ever so often and the early behind the scence equiptment that ran them(with lincoln, blackbeard, birds, Melvin, Buff, and Max who are stuck in Poo right now, ect) Walts office, early tickets, maps, uniforms from around the park from that time. At every location Walt telling us about it in his own words, there's tons of footage of Walt talking about the park and its attractions.

    Where would it go, right where the old Bank of America, Moments with Mr. L and the hat store are located now, Could be themed right in perfectly, It would be a great place to see how the park started and see long lost rides we remember and even ones we didnt know about.

    Some may think Lincoln should not be replaced, i for one go there everytime its open and there is from 10 to 20 people most times for a show, its in the same state as Bear Country show was.
    Early tickets, maps, models, and that sort of stuff plus a few things in memory of Walt are already in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln lobby area where they're showing the 50th video.

    But I do wish that the Walt family museum was closer to Disneyland.
    I know the family apartment was in San Francisco, but I feel like it's such a random location. I think it would get way more visitors if it was somewhere in Disneyland.

  5. #5

    • gyre & gimble in the wabe
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    274

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    I think the museum is a great idea. What if they put something like that in Main Street Cinema? I know they couldn't fit all that cool larger stuff that BFG3dfx mentioned but it'd be kinda cool to have something like that there. No?
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

  6. #6

    • We Go On.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    First of all, let's make sure we get "Disneyland" spelled right on the sign.

    We already have a Disney Gallery, and taking out Mr. Lincoln, the hat shop, and the Disney Gallery isn't worth turning Disneyland into a museum. Where's that quote when I need it?

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    238

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    First of all, let's make sure we get "Disneyland" spelled right on the sign.

    We already have a Disney Gallery, and taking out Mr. Lincoln, the hat shop, and the Disney Gallery isn't worth turning Disneyland into a museum. Where's that quote when I need it?

    Really and why is that? hat shops all over DisneyLand, Lincoln is an attraction i like but it has no more response than Bear Country Jamboree had when it closed and Lincoln is in a MUCH better location than BCJ was, the art gallery could be in the Museum.

    I guess your quote was as well thought out as your post

  8. #8

    •   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Don't Touch Lincoln
    Put Gallery back where it was (before the evil Dream Suite took over)
    and you can have the hat shop
    We already have a big one in Fantasyland
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-20-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    238

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Don't Touch Lincoln
    Put Gallery back where it was (before the evil Dream Suite took over)
    and you can have the hat shop
    We already have big one in Fantasyland
    DLFreak71 ok i give up you win lol

  10. #10

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    I think a museum would be incredible. They could enlarge the Plaza Pavilion to a two story building and house it in there! or for that matter put it in the spinning building in tomorrowland.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  11. #11

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    I think a museum would be incredible. They could enlarge the Plaza Pavilion to a two story building and house it in there! or for that matter put it in the spinning building in tomorrowland.
    I think if anything got too tall around that area it would upstage the Partners statue and the castle.
    I'm down for something more towards the entrance...

    I really like DLFreak's idea.
    I too REALLY miss the gallery being above pirates.
    I loved relaxing on that balcony and people watching.
    Plus it was always the place to go to find Lagniappe. Hang out on the patio area by the fountain... I miss that.

  12. #12

    • Bring back the Keelboats!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    2,391

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    I would love to see the old ride vehicles - even mentioned them in my novel in a warehouse scene. There is an awesome, huge floor-to-ceiling display at the Disneyland Hotel with maps, toys, castmember nametags, tickets, brochures, photos, etc., that would certainly fit in a museum. There is an older Autopia car near the entrance to Goofy's Kitchen that can be used for photo ops. The older vehicles would be great if we had access to them for pictures, dining, whatever! Have a seating area made of PeopleMover cabs! Dinner for 4 in a Skyway Cab. Let's get creative!

    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    238

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Don't Touch Lincoln
    Put Gallery back where it was (before the evil Dream Suite took over)
    and you can have the hat shop
    We already have a big one in Fantasyland

    Why not touch Lincon? Have you ever seen the size of that building from above, its gotta be big enough to hold most of main street shops in it. Why waste that? Is lincoln all of a sudden getting attendance? I love the Lincoln attraction and go everytime its open and is an important part of DisneyLand which is why i say put it in a Museum so we don't lose seeing him, and even in the Museum he can still operate. Lincoln has been very very slow the last 5 times i saw it. So much can be done without even changing the facade of that building and Abe any several other AA figures could be telling the AA story at DL.

    Seems win win to me.

  14. #14

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Early tickets, maps, models, and that sort of stuff plus a few things in memory of Walt are already in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln lobby area where they're showing the 50th video.

    But I do wish that the Walt family museum was closer to Disneyland.
    I know the family apartment was in San Francisco, but I feel like it's such a random location. I think it would get way more visitors if it was somewhere in Disneyland.
    It would have gotten more visitors probably in So Cal but I can understand the rational behind putting in SF. They wanted it to really focus on Walt the man, not the Disney empire and not become a theme park attraction but be a place to honor him.

    To the OP, as I've said before, I think a DL museum is great idea, but I think it should be in it's own large facility in DTD specially designed to house the collection. It would be able to have natural light and high ceilings and really showcase all of the displays in the way they should be shown. It would also add a unique Disney attraction to DTD that it currently lacks.

  15. #15

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Walt Disney Main Street Museum

    I love your idea.
    If there's no room for it in Disneyland ...
    how about any number of locations within Downtown Disney?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Walt Disney Family Museum: The Smithsonian of Walt
    By disneytim in forum Walt Disney Family Museum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
  2. Walt Disney Family Museum - Gallery 8 - Walt and the Natural World
    By Dustysage in forum Walt Disney Family Museum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
  4. Walt Disney Museum
    By Mr.DooDah in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
  5. Main Street, Not Disney, Main Street Electrical Parade
    By mp3piratesavvy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 06:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •