Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Redesign and describe your Favorite Land!

Love Fantasyland but think it needs a new dark ride or two? Really enjoy Critter Country but are bursting with ideas to spruce it up? Share them here! Basically, we all like Disneyland, I would assume..but we all have personal ideas and tastes too, so here's the place to let them shine! Take your favorite land, and describe how you'd optimize it for maximum fun! New rides, changing classic rides, new restaurants and stores, new character greeting spots, changing architecture...go wild and let your imagination soar!

I will get the ball rolling, and of course, my pick is New Orleans Square. A blast, right now, has two classic attractions and nearly endless ambiance. How would I make it better, you ask? Do let me share.....

SHOPPING: As with most of Disneyland, NoS currently suffers from what I call T.M.G.M-too much generic merchandise. Oust the pin store, oust the Nightmare store, close the second big Pirates store. Instead, bring back the kitchen goods/gourmet shop and Christmas store, and expand Pieces of 8 to feature a pirate "museum" featuring wax figures of notorious scallywags in the style of the ride, alongside reproductions of the old Pirate Arcade games.

DINING: To remain largely the same, no suggested changes for Club 33, French Market, Cafe Orleans, or Blue Bayou. Perhaps changing the bread bowl window next to Pirates might be in order: fresh made jambalaya, po' boys, beignets, etc, anyone?

DISNEY GALLERY: Evict the Dream Suite and bring it back to where it belongs

PIRATES: Now, I have no problem if Disney wishes to include some touches of the Pirates film franchise to this attraction. However, scaling back is in order. Leave the cursed chest of Aztec gold in the treasure scene, by all means, and Barbossa can still captain the Wicked Wench (minus shouting CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW every other line, please). The Davy Jones mist effect, impressive though it is, will be keel-hauled. If they simply must use this impressive technology, project a image of the talking skull from the beginning of the ride on it, and use the old "no fear have ye of evil curses" dialogue present from the ride's opening to the early 2000's. As for Jack himself...less is more. Take him away from the well-dunking scene and the end of the ride, and reinstate the skeletons on the lift-hill as you exit. He can remain popping out of the barrel, one appearance only, behind the "pooped pirate", but all dialogue referring to him should be removed. Let him be one of the pirates of the Caribbean, on equal footing with the rest, not the center of the ride.

HAUNTED MANSION: Through the same iron gates and up the walkway, you'd pass the some horse drawn hearse, now without the reins in front, the coffin inside slightly ajar, at night a eerie green mist just visible within. Next to it would be a small pond, circled with stones, behind a fence encircling it and the hearse. Moss and lily-pads would cover the surface, and a guest leaning in might occasionally see the suggestion of a human face appear briefly under the water, then vanish, eyes closed. Gone would be the pet cemetery, the walkway winding through it's former space, the crypts in the rear now supporting a hill-side cemetery with humorous human tombstones and cracked statues. Once inside, the Stretching Room would have received a aural makeover, the creaking and moaning noises of the Florida recent upgrade. All would be the same in the portrait hall, until you rounded the corner and found the doombuggies gliding through a fully furnished interior hallway, rather high ceiling, a curving stairway leading to a large picture window, illuminated by lightning. A few new portraits (members of the Sinister 11, from Florida) would hang on the walls, illuminated by dusty candelabra.

Once on the attraction, guests would need to be on their guard in case of appearance by the live Suit of Armor, waiting to startle them, or the newly restored screaming pop up heads in the attic, along with the new generation bride, face darkened save for glowing eyes, heart beating blood red in her chest, gleaming axe replacing the candle in her outstretched hand, and her groom, the ominous Hatbox Ghost, laughing in a familiar tone between beats of his bride's heart: the demented, gleeful cackle of screen legend Vincent Price, originally recorded for Phantom Manor. Next, down through the graveyard, where the pop-up heads have again been restored to their former glory, and out of the exit crypt to the mortal realm.

MUSEUM OF THE WEIRD/HAUNTED MANSION STORE: Taking up a large piece of riverside property (the current Harbor Galley building, smoking area, etc), guests exiting the Haunted Mansion could stop by and visit the Museum of the Weird. The exterior would be a wooden shack one might find alongside the river, delivery boxes stacked outside, bearing the names of exotic ports of call. Once inside, display cases would hold odd artifacts, masks from Africa, a man-eating plant, voodoo fetishes, strange Asian carvings, and more. Some of these, like a large gypsy cart painted with strange symbols, would move on their own and seem to come to life, as in the Adventurer's Club, formerly of Florida, or the enchanted Tiki Room. After touring the museum, guests could shop for ghoulish merchandise themed to the Haunted Mansion exclusively in a side room, containing more odd artifacts and eerie portraits lining the walls for decoration.

Your thoughts? And do, post your own ideas for your ideal Disneyland "land" makeover! Be creative and have fun with it!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

Re: Redesign and describe your Favorite Land!

I will start with Critter Country, take out pooh, that rde is garbage and never has any wait time. Then I'd either put Country Bears baack in, or bring expand the area to have CBJ, give the CBs and Brer Rabbit, Bear, and Fox a meet and greet outside the show. Also if Pooh absolutely must be there, redo the it t be more like Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

Then I'd change tactics with the island area too, I'd add the old Fort Wilderness back into service, as well as make the old mill in the front a little restaurantwit themed food to the island. Then I'd set the old settler's cabin ablaze again, as well as bring in many new AA critters, redo the indian village and have rafts that you could take over to it, add a dark ride there of course and have it be themed to Pocahontas and give her and John a meet and greet there, the ride would actually be where the old Festival Arena is, They're looking at expanding there, and why not make it something that works with Frontierland. Continuing down the river I'd put Cascade Peak back in, bigger this time and add a new slow mine train through that area, or have BTMRR continue through Cascade. But also spruce up the "run-down train" it used to at least look like the originals (since it is one) but now it looks completely different now.

Further down the river we see a new attraction in Adventureland, its a dark ride based on Aladdin, however this would use the Aladdin Oasis as the que starter, and the actual ride would be under the shops of Adventureland/Frontierland. Then give Aladdin, Jane, Terk, Jasmine, and Tarzan some meet and greets.

Next I take you into the land of Fantasy where we see new dark rides, one themed to Mary Poppins, one is Bedknobs and Broomsticks (both are London movies) in the old motor boat area with the facade connecting the 2 movies, like they did in the 1980 to the other fantasyland rides, maybe having the monorail go through the building and giving a sneak peek, like the train does at Splash mountain. And a new dark ride/restaurant/meet and greet based on Beauty and the Beast. Imagine what is supposed to be added to WDW, but add a dark ride to it, this would take the place of the Fantasy Land Theatre. There's more then enough space, the theatre is huge compard to the area that holds 3 dark rides at the castle (Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Alice).

Now we travel into a land of Tomorrow, where we see Astro Orbiter above the que for he new People mover attraction, although you're in the bubble cars that are used in Incredibles. A New Time Travel thrill ride takes the spots of Innoventions through pizza port. HISTA is gone and has been replaced by a new 4-D movie, cause let's face it, 3-D isn't tomorrow, its today, so we have a new film that not only pops out at you, but say there's something popping out at you like a baseball, well all of a sudden there are giant baseballs flying above you or there's oranges on screen, all of a sudden you smell oranges. And then we come to the monorail, We load and ride it as usual, although the windows now have projected computer sreens on them showing the "Diseyland of 2055" so the front of the monorail is seeing something a little before the back, but I think I've explained it well enough. But there's in added bonus, because all park tickets are now park hoppers, you take a stop in Hollywoodland, When passin through DCA you don't see future, you see way back in the past, black and white images com on screen (basically you see everything straight throught the windows but they are all black and white from you're view.

I hope you don't mind that I pretty much just changed parts of the entire park, and not just one land.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Future Disney Imagineer

All wonderful ideas. I also think the "Windows to the Past" is a creative and good idea.
    In Fantasyland, Definitely add a BATB ride and the fancy restaraunt, but no stupid "perform a reenacctment of the movie in front of Belle" idea they will have at WDW. Bring back the People Mover in pod-shaped form like mickeyfan42 mentioned, and turn Pooh into Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    All wonderful ideas. I also think the "Windows to the Past" is a creative and good idea.
    In Fantasyland, Definitely add a BATB ride and the fancy restaraunt, but no stupid "perform a reenacctment of the movie in front of Belle" idea they will have at WDW. Bring back the People Mover in pod-shaped form like mickeyfan42 mentioned, and turn Pooh into Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    For the BATB meet and Greet I was thinking more of how Mickey and Minnie's Houses are in toontown, no reenactment, just meeting them.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pongo is my hero.

New Orleans Square-

HM, PotC of course ANDDDDDD....

Princess and the Frog Dark Ride (D ticket)
    Tiana's Place- Restaurant that specializes in cajun cookin' and gumbo
    Eudora's Princess Tailorings- A BBB with New Orleans flair

one hundred and one

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    New Orleans Square-

HM, PotC of course ANDDDDDD....

Princess and the Frog Dark Ride (D ticket)
    Tiana's Place- Restaurant that specializes in cajun cookin' and gumbo

Judging by other posts I've seen from you, I deduce that you love Princess and the Frog...

I won't judge you for it, or the movie because I haven't seen it but REALLY want to
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Judging by other posts I've seen from you, I deduce that you love Princess and the Frog...

I won't judge you for it, or the movie because I haven't seen it but REALLY want to

I really do. It's one of my new favorite movies and it's a movie that should be plugged into the parks- especially NOS. (:

Sadly, NOS is filled to the brim.

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    New Orleans Square-

I do love the idea of Eudora's princess tailorings, a much better store filler than all the generic stores. And you're right: New Orleans Square is much too tight and has no more room.

• Minion

what about behind the train station a PatF ride might fit there.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Another thought I just had... Next to the BATB dark ride coould be one for Hunchback (both take place in Paris) and the side that Hunchback enters and exits would be a Notre Dame facade, and the other sides would make it look like a French village.

I'm also currently working on a map that shows where new attractions would be for the entire resort, I'll upload it when its done.
    Last edited by mickeyfan42; 01-17-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Addition
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

^^^When you say "one for Hunchback", do you mean a Meet-and-Greet, a ride, restaurant, or show? Although I never really liked the movie, and neither did my mom. I think it's just so wierd and cruel: the part that stays in my mind is Guazimodo being strapped to the rotating thing having food being thrown on him and the evil priest. IMO I'm glad Hunchback isn't used in the parks unless it was a well-done-show.
    However, I do love the idea of the certain area being themed to all the French themes.

• Minion

It would be a dark ride in the same building as the one for BATB, the side that faces small world would have a facade of the Bell tower, and the rest of the building would be Belle's village, you would enter Hunchback from one side of the tower and exit the other. i also have Ideas for DCA but I'll wait to explain them til the maps are done.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I don't think there is enough room now. Considering they built Indiana Jones as well as Downtown Disney. The show building for IJA is massive as it is and took up most of that space and then the trams that go from DTD to Mickey & Friends takes up the rest. Many of those features would have been cool to add on to DL like the extension of the RoA and the addition of a Lost volcanic island. But alas..........
    unfortunatelly, there officially is no more room for anything in or behind NOS

• Minion

that sucks, well maybe they can use my ideas, I didn't touch NOS, Although I forgot to mention bringing the Jolly Trolly back because it doesn't need anything new, the track is already there
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Plenty of stuff to do in Fantasy land in between the teacups and IASW, a lot of emptiness. I certainly hope what DOESN't happen is the Tinkerbell darkride being considered for the old Motorboat cruise area. I heard it's most likely not going to happen because the budget cuts back in WDW caused them to not build the Tink ride. So why bring an awful idea over here if there isn't enough money for where it was planned to be in the first place?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast