Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Question Night Vision Goggles in Disneyland

I got a new toy one week ago -- night vision goggles (made in Russia)! And I am having such fun with them. I will be visiting Disneyland Resort in two weeks, and I am wondering -- will Disney allow me to bring them on board an attraction (like Pirates of the Caribbean)? I would love to see things that are normally invisible to the usual Guest!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Night Vision Goggles in Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPrice99 View Post
    I got a new toy one week ago -- night vision goggles (made in Russia)! And I am having such fun with them. I will be visiting Disneyland Resort in two weeks, and I am wondering -- will Disney allow me to bring them on board an attraction (like Pirates of the Caribbean)? I would love to see things that are normally invisible to the usual Guest!!

I wouldn't flash them around too much at the security check or as you board a ride. But once the ride is moving, I don't think anyone will give you a tough time. If security sees them, they may say something about obstructing the view of your face, so keep that in mind.

Otherwise, have fun!

If these night vision googles emit an IR beam to allow the googles to "see", the security cameras might see that light and you may hear something over the PA system. I read somewhere on hear when someone was using their night vision equipment camera / camcorder and they said something even though it wasn't visible light.

Cool idea though, come to think of it, I to have a night vision monocular. While it does have a IR illuminator and doesn't require it to "see" and works without batteries (not sure how). The security cameras, I assume which could see in the dark as well, would allow CM to wonder what you're holding...maybe they'll think it's a camcorder.

• Not a Minion

Can't you blog the IR emitter with something (ducktape, or better yet, gaffer tape to leave a non-stick residue?) and use the IR light they already emit to allow their night vision cameras to work?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Can't you blog the IR emitter with something (ducktape, or better yet, gaffer tape to leave a non-stick residue?) and use the IR light they already emit to allow their night vision cameras to work?
    THAT'S a very good idea!

That is a good idea. I so wanna try this now....although their IR beams may not be pointed at things we would want to see....but still worth a shot....at least you would be able to see where all the security cameras that use IR are.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    THAT'S a very good idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
    That is a good idea. I so wanna try this now....although their IR beams may not be pointed at things we would want to see....but still worth a shot....at least you would be able to see where all the security cameras that use IR are.
    Of course, I meant to say block...LOL

Blogging your IR emitter won't do any good hahaha

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Of course, I meant to say block...LOL

Blogging your IR emitter won't do any good hahaha
    this made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
    If these night vision googles emit an IR beam to allow the googles to "see", the security cameras might see that light and you may hear something over the PA system. I read somewhere on hear when someone was using their night vision equipment camera / camcorder and they said something even though it wasn't visible light.
    Never had a problem with the active night-vision (IR emitting) on my cameras before. I take it on everything from the Fantasyland dark rides to Space Mountain and Indy and Pirates.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Never had a problem with the active night-vision (IR emitting) on my cameras before. I take it on everything from the Fantasyland dark rides to Space Mountain and Indy and Pirates.
    Interesting. Maybe just depends on whether or not the observing CMs can tell the differences between visible light and IR light (if that's possible). I have a older Sony digi cam that has Nigh Shot (albeit not a very high quality image) that I always wanted to try on a dark ride.

Speaking of night vision, it would neat to see all the working of F! in night vision. But that would probably take a very high end scope to do that. Would love to see how Mickey leaves after the opening scene and to watch Murphy go up/down.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Depending on the type of cameras used for security they may or many not see the IR light. I don't own night vision goggles, but it seems blocking the IR light on the goggles would probably make them not so effective.

• I'm not really here

The only problem I have using my camera at Disneyland is that I can suddenly see all of Disney's IR lights. And they are everywhere. There are actually 3 really big IR light sets right under Madame Leota, facing the ring of DoomBuggies. The cameras are elsewhere in the room, but they use the underside of the table to mount 3 rectangular arrays of IR LED lights to just bathe everyone in light.

The Space Mountain lift hills in the tunnels also have several IR cameras in them that shine brightly just outside of our range of vision.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

That may be true for cameras with IR, but the light on IR goggles is much stronger. More like a powerful flashlight. Not like the weaker IRs on video cameras.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

The only problem I have using my camera at Disneyland is that I can suddenly see all of Disney's IR lights. And they are everywhere. There are actually 3 really big IR light sets right under Madame Leota, facing the ring of DoomBuggies. The cameras are elsewhere in the room, but they use the underside of the table to mount 3 rectangular arrays of IR LED lights to just bathe everyone in light.

The Space Mountain lift hills in the tunnels also have several IR cameras in them that shine brightly just outside of our range of vision.
    Maybe this is just me, but I can see the IR lights themselves. They look like grids of faint red/purple lights. I can't see anything they illuminate, mind you, but I can see the diodes themselves. Is this unusual?

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Good luck with other guest's flash photography... Probably end up being blind than see anything cool... XD
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast