Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Party Planning King

Re: Does Disney read Mice Chat

I got an email from Disneyland yesterday requesting me to take a survey. I took the survey and wasn't at all surprised to find questions asking about & pertaining to Miceage, Allears, and Mouseplanet.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rihard2000
    I got an email from Disneyland yesterday requesting me to take a survey. I took the survey and wasn't at all surprised to find questions asking about & pertaining to Miceage, Allears, and Mouseplanet.
    Wait what kind of question (s) about Miceage?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Wait what kind of question (s) about Miceage?
    "Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of MiceChat?"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    If you said no, I wonder what would have happened if you said yes. Hmm, I better go check my e-mail for messages from Disney.

• meganmegaphone

ooooo... and it was put into legal jargon too! How exciting Like testifying under oath!

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Banned User

Yes, Disney does read Mice Chat. I know for a fact that Disney's Legal Depts. actually create usernames to monitor what is posted. So, remember, you are being watched.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    Did they ask you who else was a member of MiceChat? Did they ask you to name names? You didn't did you?

Have you been back since the survey? Did your pass still work?

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Simply using that as an example. Didn't mean to offend anyone here.
    It's not about being offended. It's just something I've been noticing over the years. If you dare to say that you actually like something about Disney or refuse to bash them at every turn, then you're called a company shill, an apologist or someone who just follows them blindly. But if you take as many potshots at them as you can and bash on them constantly, then you're just telling the truth. I find that especially funny because it's been some of the bashers that have had no thought for themselves. They say the same things (almost word for word, including using vocabulary that is uncommon) that you hear other detractors say, but if you press them to explain their position, they're at a total loss because they have no position of their own - they're just parroting someone else's. The PC, safe opinion to have nowadays seems to be that Disney is bad, they do horrible things, and they can do no right, and if you can work in something about Eisner into every discussion, even those that have nothing to do with him or Disney, then you get bonus points. But if you dare to express a positive interest in anything Disney does or even refuse to agree that they're an evil influence, then you get names and accusations of being a blind follower hurled at you.

(waiting for the negative rep to roll in)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Yes, Disney does read Mice Chat. I know for a fact that Disney's Legal Depts. actually create usernames to monitor what is posted. So, remember, you are being watched.
    Hmm, now im not so sure I want to post anything anymore.

• ...lurks...

Hmm...so they are watching us...do they like what I'm wearing?

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Hmm, now im not so sure I want to post anything anymore.

I sure do...but let's do it in riddles, mmmk?!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    It's not about being offended. It's just something I've been noticing over the years. If you dare to say that you actually like something about Disney or refuse to bash them at every turn, then you're called a company shill, an apologist or someone who just follows them blindly. But if you take as many potshots at them as you can and bash on them constantly, then you're just telling the truth. I find that especially funny because it's been some of the bashers that have had no thought for themselves. They say the same things (almost word for word, including using vocabulary that is uncommon) that you hear other detractors say, but if you press them to explain their position, they're at a total loss because they have no position of their own - they're just parroting someone else's. The PC, safe opinion to have nowadays seems to be that Disney is bad, they do horrible things, and they can do no right, and if you can work in something about Eisner into every discussion, even those that have nothing to do with him or Disney, then you get bonus points. But if you dare to express a positive interest in anything Disney does or even refuse to agree that they're an evil influence, then you get names and accusations of being a blind follower hurled at you.

(waiting for the negative rep to roll in)
    It's about time you caught on.

And Eisner sucks!!!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

I assume that's to monitor cast member (all employees, not just theme park employee) posts, not us run-of-the-mill consumers.
    I mean, the Legal department doesn't have to set up usernames unless it was going to post, possibly to trap someone into posting confidential material.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    ...And Eisner sucks!!!!...

Well, I can say I didn't exactly have 'warm and fuzzy' feelings for him either...I can't say I've liked shaking his hand or meeting him either...but what's in the past, is exactly that...in the past.

I am excited to see a new face at the helm...and here's *raises wine glass in toast* to the hopes and dreams of all who love Disney, and to the good times which are ahead- let's stay optimistic for the future of Disney in general.

• Rock Star Minion

Also, if anyone wanted to post only glowingly about DIS, he could go to other message boards, ones that are run by cast members, for example.

I prefer to seek improvement to Disneyland. We can do that only by pointing out things that need improving.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast