Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Does Disney read Mice Chat

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Well,...
    That was in reference to cstephens' post. Purely in jest, even if it might be true.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Also, if anyone wanted to post only glowingly about DIS, he could go to other message boards, ones that are run by cast members, for example.

I prefer to seek improvement to Disneyland. We can do that only by pointing out things that need improving.

I like MiceChat...I have only been to one other board..but that wasn't exctly glowingly in comments either...I am not trying to be giddy as a schoolgirl, or a kid in a candy store. I was merely pointing out that I am glad to see a new opportunity for Disney and am hoping (as I am with the rest of you) for a better future for the parks and Disney in general.

I know the park and Disney have problems, challenges and things which need to be improved and/or repaired...I wasn't trying to sound as if I had a blind eye to it...just hopeful for the future is all....

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

We allow all sorts of comments about Disney here. But to say that we don't allow positive Disney talk around here isn't correct in the least. When Disney does something right, we always talk about it. But when they do something wrong, there should be a place like MiceChat where you can say so without getting banned. Just try to talk bad about DCA on some boards and you'll lose your membership.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    We allow all sorts of comments about Disney here. But to say that we don't allow positive Disney talk around here isn't correct in the least. When Disney does something right, we always talk about it.
    I agree with Dustybottoms. It's true when Disney does something right, we do discuss those times. The problem is is that the bad stuff is sometimes more enticing to talk about than the good stuff. For example, take a look at the Litter Box. Sometimes there are more people there than anywhere else.

I give Disney credit when credit's due. But when they're lackluster, I'll call them on it.

• Banned User

I sure do...but let's do it in riddles, mmmk?!
    Hmm, good idea. Disney don't crack the riddles okay.

But since you are reading it, California Screamin' is the best ride I've ever been on!

• ...lurks...

We allow all sorts of comments about Disney here. But to say that we don't allow positive Disney talk around here isn't correct in the least. When Disney does something right, we always talk about it. But when they do something wrong, there should be a place like MiceChat where you can say so without getting banned. Just try to talk bad about DCA on some boards and you'll lose your membership.

Wow...just for voicing an opinion? Jeez.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Hmm, good idea. Disney don't crack the riddles okay.

But since you are reading it, California Screamin' is the best ride I've ever been on!

I wasn't saying they could not crack the riddles- they could, it would just take them time to do it....it's all about time...*giggles*

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    It's not about being offended. It's just something I've been noticing over the years. If you dare to say that you actually like something about Disney or refuse to bash them at every turn, then you're called a company shill, an apologist or someone who just follows them blindly. But if you take as many potshots at them as you can and bash on them constantly, then you're just telling the truth. I find that especially funny because it's been some of the bashers that have had no thought for themselves. They say the same things (almost word for word, including using vocabulary that is uncommon) that you hear other detractors say, but if you press them to explain their position, they're at a total loss because they have no position of their own - they're just parroting someone else's. The PC, safe opinion to have nowadays seems to be that Disney is bad, they do horrible things, and they can do no right, and if you can work in something about Eisner into every discussion, even those that have nothing to do with him or Disney, then you get bonus points. But if you dare to express a positive interest in anything Disney does or even refuse to agree that they're an evil influence, then you get names and accusations of being a blind follower hurled at you.

(waiting for the negative rep to roll in)

First off, let me say that I would never endorse negative reps because of someone else's opininion. I save negative reps for personal attacks.

Secondly, when I made my previous comments regarding being a "company man" meaning a person has to endorse things that they don't agree with (like the Chicken Little in the esplanade) I was NOT directing that at you or anyone else. I have a life away from Micechat. I don't remeber who posted what, in which thread. Sorry if you might have felt it was directed at you. I could see how you might get that impression, but it was not meant to offend or insult anyone personally.

Thirdly, I think that different people have different levels of "satisfaction" with things in this life. I personally have a very high standard that I expect Disney to adhere to. Why? Because I am old enough (45) to remember going to Disneyland when Walt Disney was still alive. Walt knew what the public wanted and it WAS NOT medocrity. He knew that the public would pay to visit a clean, orderly, family-oriented park, and when I see Disney corporate slide away from those core values that made Disneyland truly "The Happiest Place on Earth" I'm going to complain. Others might look at the same thing and say," It's no big deal". They have a lower threshold for satisfaction than I do.
    Take a look at Disneyland in it's 50th year. Matt Ouimet (with corporates blessing) comes in after years of poor maintenance and management, paints everything in sight, upgrades many attractions, and generally brings the Park back to her former glory. What happened? The crowds returned, and they have surpassed Disney's wildest expectations. Why? Because the masses are willing to pay for quality. I can't believe it took this long for the company that established the standard for excellence to finally figure it out.

Lastly, I don't think Disney is bad, nor do I think they do terrible things. I have been critical of Disney in the past when I felt it was warranted by my standards. Conversely, I have praised Disney when I felt that they did something good or right. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, realizing that it is a big company with many different people doing many different chores that are all designed to bring happiness to the masses.

Okay, that's it for now... discuss amongst yourselves!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• done

We allow all sorts of comments about Disney here. But to say that we don't allow positive Disney talk around here isn't correct in the least.
    I don't see where anyone has said that so I don't know where your comment is coming from.

But when they do something wrong, there should be a place like MiceChat where you can say so without getting banned. Just try to talk bad about DCA on some boards and you'll lose your membership.
    Actually, on the various Disney-related discussion forums in which I participate, you can express any opinion you want as long as you stick to standards when expressing that opinion. Any board that bans you for having a particular opinion about DCA - good or bad - isn't worth being a member of, imo.

And it's not a matter of websites preventing someone's ability to say something. It's really that you have to have a much stronger constitution if you're going to express any approval over anything Disney does. I've run across a few people who are so pro-Disney that they will bash on someone who expresses a negative response to one thing or another. But I've run across a ton more people who are so anti-Disney that if you admit to liking something they don't like, they will call you names, tell you you're stupid, tell you your intelligence is below average, tell you that you have no taste and have no idea what you're talking about. Of course, it can't just be a matter of a difference of opinion, and you like something they don't like. It has to be that you're stupid and they're right.

• Former Disney Cast Member

oh, they read MiceChat alright. I am not allowed to talk about it, but let's just say that in the past few weeks, they read something on here about one of our CMs and it didn't turn out so good.

they also watch us on MySpace. we have to be very careful with what we post. after all, we represent the Disney company and all it's values, right? heh.

sometimes I wish I could just be myself and talk about my job like normal people do, without worrying that my boss will read something and take it the wrong way. don't get me wrong, I love my job and I choose to work here, but its stressful sometimes.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaCM
    oh, they read MiceChat alright. I am not allowed to talk about it, but let's just say that in the past few weeks, they read something on here about one of our CMs and it didn't turn out so good.

they also watch us on MySpace. we have to be very careful with what we post. after all, we represent the Disney company and all it's values, right? heh.

sometimes I wish I could just be myself and talk about my job like normal people do, without worrying that my boss will read something and take it the wrong way. don't get me wrong, I love my job and I choose to work here, but its stressful sometimes.

What would stop you? Use a secret identity in here, as long as you didn't get too specific in what you said, how would your boss know it was you or not?

• Senior Minion

I am not allowed to talk about it, but let's just say that in the past few weeks, they read something on here about one of our CMs and it didn't turn out so good.
    And if anyone from TDA is reading, what was done was just plain wrong, petty, and in the end, makes them look both foolish and draconian.

• Banned User

I wasn't saying they could not crack the riddles- they could, it would just take them time to do it....it's all about time...*giggles*

Well for DCA it's all about cheap, but who says cheap can't be fun?

• Party Planning King

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Wait what kind of question (s) about Miceage?
    The whole survey seemed to be trying to find out why I would use other websites for planning my Disneyland vacation instead of only using Disneyland.com.

Duh, it can't be that hard for them to figure it out. Going by the offical website I could still be under the impression that I will see Disney's Electrical Parade & Snow White an Enchanting Musical during my upcoming visit.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• Dont make me unfriend you

You might not be able to discuss even this much detail, but...

Was the comments that caused the trouble written by a CM or a non-CM Guest?

I guess that a guest could have written something about a CM that got that CM into trouble. I remember about a month ago, a lot of things were being written about Jungle Cruise CM's. Some were good things and some were not so good things. Was it that thread that caused the trouble?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast