•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Verizon in the Park (Magic Mobile)

(searched, didn't see this posted yet....if it was, sorry.)
    So I saw a commercial the other day (looks like the website has been there for awhile, but first time I've seen a commercial).
    If you have Verizon, you can use the Magic Mobile.
    It's amazing, the wait time board is not digital yet but Verizon can give you wait times, if fast passes are still available
    and where character sighting are and more.
    At this point, who needs a daily schedule.
    And is reading an entertainment schedule really that hard to do?

I do think the fastpass feature is kinda cool.

From the Website:
    (Mobile Magic – First Disney Parks Mobile App Details, Screen Shots Unveiled Disney Parks Blog)

Earlier this year, we announced our first official Disney Parks mobile application – Mobile Magic. Now, we’re sharing details and screen shots.
    You’ll recall that Mobile Magic is bringing attraction wait times, FASTPASS return times, extensive information on character locations and more for Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks to your Verizon Wireless phone. Development work has been ongoing but the team recently offered a walkthrough of the app and it’s looking great.

Attraction wait times on your Verizon Wireless device will be unique. There’s been an investment in the backend infrastructure to support Mobile Magic and offer actual wait times based directly on Disney Parks information.
    As for FASTPASS, you’ll be able to check if it’s still available for specific attractions. And if FASTPASS is available, the app will deliver information about the next return time. So, if you can still get a FASTPASS, the application will show, for example: FP: 4:00-5:00 p.m.
    Also, mobile maps are GPS-enabled. While wandering the parks, your location will be indicated by a white circle. Then it’s simple to scroll through content and find it on the map via a “getting there” option. The map zooms out and allows you to see your location and exactly where the character greeting or restaurant can be located."

see website for more of the article
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Verizon in the Park (Magic Mobile)

I wish this feature was on other brands of phones.
    it looks awesome

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    I wish this feature was on other brands of phones.
    it looks awesome
    I have Verizon
    so when I go in March I'll have to try it out
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I have Verizon
    so when I go in March I'll have to try it out
    It's still not available for touch screen phones... like my Env Touch. Hopefully they'll have something by Summer.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

ooooooooh that's cooooooool!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

I just tried it, it doesn't give me actual wait times, for instance for Space Mountain it just says, wait time: moderate

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by erdons View Post
    I just tried it, it doesn't give me actual wait times, for instance for Space Mountain it just says, wait time: moderate
    If you not in the park, that's what I see
    You supposedly have to be in the park for exact times.

As nice as some of this is, doesn't it kinda show how lazy we have gotten?
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I hope this a app that can be released to all carriers.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    I hope this a app that can be released to all carriers.
    looks like it's just Verizon backing it up right now
    (that's what I got from the article)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Thumbs up Re: Verizon in the Park (Magic Mobile)

I bought the app for my Verizon LG Chocolate 3 and used it in the parks last week. Some quick thoughts and observations:

• The wait time feature was very accurate. Almost all of the rides that I checked had the exact wait time as displayed in the app. The only discrepancy was TSMM. The app said (the typical) 40 minute wait. But when I got to the queue, it was only 30 minutes.
    • One of the nicest features was the ability to display the available fastpass window for each attraction. Combined with the wait times, knowing if/when fastpasses are available can really help.
    • The use of GPS was a pleasant surprise. When you're in the parks, and you choose Attractions, the app will usually default to the land that you're in. It's not 100% accurate, but it comes pretty darn close most of the time.
    • There are two trivia games available with the app. I didn't think they were really that good, but they can help pass the time if you're in a long queue. The "Disney Park Trivia Game" was kind of misleading. At least half of the questions were related to Disney movies, and not the theme parks.
    • $9.95 for a 6-month subscription might be a little pricey for some. But after using it, I think I'm getting a pretty good value.

• Future Cast Member :)

I still want it on iPhone! Quick question though-- do the wait times look like this Attractions | Disneyland Park | Disneyland . If so, it's basically available online! lol

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGhost View Post
    I still want it on iPhone! Quick question though-- do the wait times look like this Attractions | Disneyland Park | Disneyland . If so, it's basically available online! lol
    according to the website
    it looks like this

Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz