Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Famous Walt Castle Photo

Hey Micechatters. I need some help. Once upon a time I had a high res digital version of that famous photograph of Walt walking through Sleeping Beauty castle photo so that I could make a print. Well, I procrastinated getting it made and along the way, I've lost it and I never made my print!

A couple weeks ago we took a trip to Disneyland and while we were there we saw the new Disney Gallery on Main Street with the beautiful photograph and the Griffith Park bench and it reminded me that I MUST HAVE THAT PRINT IN MY HOUSE!!!! (not nearly as large though!! hahah)

(PS - I about cried at the awesomeness of this display. I wanted to crawl up on the bench and live there.)

I found this old thread about it, but the link's no good anymore. I know Renie Bardeau was the photographer who took it. But that hasn't helped me track it down.

We asked quite a few different CMs at the Disney Gallery, The Disneyana Shop, and other shops in the park. And not one of them knew where to get one.

We've searched and searched. Does anyone out there know where we can either buy a print or download the high res image to make the print!?? I won't wait this time.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

• I'm not really here

Re: Famous Walt Castle Photo

The image is copyrighted to Disney. It was pre park opening 1955 as far as I can tell. I'd contact Disney and see what they have to say about it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Yes, it was taken pre-park opening. I've heard the story of when the photographer snapped it. It's pretty special.

I will contact Disney too. I'm hoping someone out there knows where to buy one!

Working as a Cast Member, we got asked about that photo all the time. I wanted it too, would have been wonderful for the print on demand program.

For whatever reason, aside from a cel print of the photo that added all the animated characters around the castle, I'm not aware of any reproductions of the photo. Not even during the 50th, which really surprised me.

Yeah, all the CMs said "Check the print on demand kiosks". But its definitely not in there!!

• Banned User

It's a great photo, definitely a classic pic., the timing/and backround really make the pic. I would love to have that photo in a frame somewhere in my house. Have you considered looking for the photo online and printing it out on a printer? Or do you want a legit reproduction directly from disney?

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Yeah, that is my favorite Walt picture of all time! The King surveying his realm right before opening! Wonderful shot. I have a black-and-white one hanging on my wall that is actually a greeting card with envelope and also a colored rectangle-shaped pin that was released for their 40th anniversary in 1995. Think I got both on eBay a long time ago....

Keep searching. A picture as good as this one keeps coming back.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by startours1 View Post
    It's a great photo, definitely a classic pic., the timing/and backround really make the pic. I would love to have that photo in a frame somewhere in my house. Have you considered looking for the photo online and printing it out on a printer? Or do you want a legit reproduction directly from disney?
    I would like an 11x17 or so sized one. So while I wouldn't mind printing it off from online, I've never found one that is high enough resolution.

I don't mind buying one either. If only it was available!!!!

• =)

A gorgeous, evocative, and poignant photo, certainly. Wish I could help!

Anyone going to the park this week that can just steal the one off the wall in my picture for me?? haha That would solve my problem.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Steal one? Nooooo...but I can take a photo of the photo :-)

Obviously I was kidding about stealing!

Maybe a photo of the photo would work! If you could get a really nice one!

Here is a link to a pretty high quality digital copy of it. It may be big enough to have printed and framed.

http://www.ultimateorlando.com/archi...bs/SBCwalt.jpg

YAY!! That is AWESOME. How did you ever find it?! I've been searching forever.

I wonder though - in most prints and images you see, the top of the castle IS cut off like the one in that high res image you just sent. But then the one at Disneyland isn't. I wonder which is the original. I like the one that shows the whole catle.

But seriously - beggars can't be choosers!!! This high res image will do VERY WELL for a print! Thanks sooooo much.

This year on the back of all CM's park admission cards that picture appears, it's an awesome addition to those cards...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast