Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

Space Mountain Shut Down Friday (10/21)

I wasn't there, but my uncle's family was. It was Friday night, and my uncles family was in line about 40 people away from getting onto the ride when a boy wandered off and got ON the track. The ride immediately shut down and was closed for the rest of their time in the park. Did anyone else hear about this?

Re: Space Mountain Shut Down Friday (10/21)

i was at the park saturday 10/22 and space mountain did shut down for a short period of time. probably just some technical malfunctions
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Space Scout

Space Mountain has been down the last three times I've gone.
    Help test MouseMosaic! PM me suggestions.

• Koubu Pilot

I'm glad I got to fastpass it twice on Thursday. I noticed on Friday night it showed at least 80 min. I wish I could have gone on it one more time, but I was too tired and had to get ready for my flight home the next day.

• Photographer/Disney Lover

I had a fastpass fir ut around the time of the breakdown, and they said I could come back when the park closed to check if it was in working order. Never checked....
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Banned User

It was a 95 minute wait on Friday when I went. I was still in a wheelchair but even that wait was about 25-30 min. This was at 7pm.

• Photographer/Disney Lover

I actually saw you! We went on the orange stinger at DCA together. I was a shorter guy in a white and blue abercrombie long sleeve shirt with my girfriend. I wasnted to say hi, but you were talking to the guy in the long black coat you were with. =D
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy54
    I actually saw you! We went on the orange stinger at DCA together. I was a shorter guy in a white and blue abercrombie long sleeve shirt with my girfriend. I wasnted to say hi, but you were talking to the guy in the long black coat you were with. =D
    You shoulda said hi!

Ohh that guy in the long black coat is my best friend Brad, he was having a great time with his new coat and fake vamp fangs lol. The girl with us was my other best friend and my designated driver of the wheelchair lol.

• No marbles to begin with!

Space Mountain was the last thing I went on Friday the 21st. It was 11:24pm when we got in the hour long line, but I thought it was worth it.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    I wasn't there, but my uncle's family was. It was Friday night, and my uncles family was in line about 40 people away from getting onto the ride when a boy wandered off and got ON the track. The ride immediately shut down and was closed for the rest of their time in the park. Did anyone else hear about this?

Was the child very young (which should result in the parent/guardian being severely punished for such irresponsible behavior), or were they old enough to know better (in which they should be given the punishment).

Sometimes I think that City of Anaheim should maintain, in addition to an APD satellite office at DLR, a satellite office of Child Protective Services or whatever they call that down there ...... or maybe that's a County function? In any event, some parents need to be educated ........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• I Heart Disney!!!

Thats 2 bad i am glad i wasnt at the park i wolud have been mad if i couldnt ride space mountain!!!!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

How does one get on the track?

I mean the new one has cattle gates. I could see you getting on the track at WDW if everyone in the building looked away (yeah right) but at Disneyland's new set-up?

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    How does one get on the track?

I mean the new one has cattle gates. I could see you getting on the track at WDW if everyone in the building looked away (yeah right) but at Disneyland's new set-up?
    Cattle gates or not, if a guest wants to jump out of their rocket at dispatch or on a lift, nobody can stop them.

When I worked at the park, I had to e-stop the ride when a guest decided they didn't want to ride Space Mountain while their rocket was going up the first lift.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz
    Cattle gates or not, if a guest wants to jump out of their rocket at dispatch or on a lift, nobody can stop them.

When I worked at the park, I had to e-stop the ride when a guest decided they didn't want to ride Space Mountain while their rocket was going up the first lift.
    I am always amazed at the level of stupidity humans can exhibit. That guy could of been the next haunting like the moron in the PM car or the mom in the Matterhorn.

You cant protect everyone from themselves. And you just cant shoot them either.

• =)

Let's hope this doesn't mark the beginning of another long stretch of closures for the mighty Mountain...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast