Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Dave Avanzino Icon Letters Series

Quote Originally Posted by davanzino
    I am currently working on the remaining 3 lands - Critter Country, Mickey's Toontown and New Orleans Square. They will be released later this year to complete the set.

I will also be creating a set of Icon Letter pieces for the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. These ones will be entirely hand-made by me and will be a limited edition of only 10 of each land (20 for Magic Kingdom). These will be released later this year also.
    WoW! So cool to hear from the artist himself! And this is great news about the rest of the series... especially NEW ORLEANS SQUARE!! I know there will be some cool Haunted Mansion letters!! Can't wait for that one!

I had such a great time at the 50YOMME and the NFFC convention last summer, where I briefly got to meet you... and really enjoyed hearing about how you create these masterpieces. I fell in love with your 35th Anniversary Haunted Mansion piece you had brought to display -- "Welcome Foolish Mortals" (with the key, L.E. 10). I was lucky enough to come across one on eBay a month later and now I am the proud owner of #7 of 10!! I am fortunate enough to now own three of your hand assembled Limited Editions, but I also really like the open edition "letters" series you designed for the theme parks. It's so nice that they are reasonably priced so many can now enjoy your lovely work!

Here is the mousetreasures.com archive of the HM piece: Welcome Foolish Mortals
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 01-25-2006 at 11:47 PM.
    --Jonathan

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I want the letters...all of them...bad...

• Closed Account

I can't wait for the last three to come out! It should be interesting to see what he comes up with for critter country and NOS. both have a lot of letters and very few attractions. It is possible, of course.

• /sigh

These letter series are amazing. Such detail which really captures the essence of each land. We recently collected 4 boxes...we still have to get Main St. and Disneyland. I've very excited to hear that more will be issued out.

Thanks, Dave!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davanzino
    Hey there,
    I just wanted to thank you all for your nice comments regarding my Icon Letter series for Disneyland. I'm so glad that you all seem to like them.
    Now, if we could just talk you into making a MiceChat piece . . .
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Talking Re: Dave Avanzino Icon Letters Series

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    A CM working at Disneyana told me they were only coming out with the original lands of Disneyland. If they in fact do come out later this year, I guess I will have to get them. I am running out of wall space!
    I'm running out of wall space too. I now have 5 of the 6 pieces (Disneyland, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland).
    I, too, was told by a CM that the series was only of the original lands in honor of DL's 50th. I can't wait to see NOS and CC!
    Is anyone else as crazy as me?
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Closed Account

Here is where mine are up. Disneyland is the topper, and i mod podged the 50th puzzle together and framed it. four lands on one side and you can's see the whole wall, but plenty of room for the other four on the right. It is at a perfect viewing level. I love the set, and can't wait to have it complete!!!

• Closed Account

anybody else have pics of their series?

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I just bought my first one and I just love it! I started out with the Disneyland one and can't wait to get more. I'm not sure which to get next...I'm thinking Adventureland, or maybe Frontierland, no, I think Fantasyland, or Mainstreet, no, maybe...

Maybe, I'll just close my eyes and pick becasue they're all so wonderful, I can't decide.

• Closed Account

Adventureland and is the one i feel has the most variety of attractions and colors. Get the adventureland, then frontierland.

• Munchings & Crunchings

"Hey there,
    I just wanted to thank you all for your nice comments regarding my Icon Letter series for Disneyland. I'm so glad that you all seem to like them. I really appreciated "gurgi's" comments about how the letters from the lands are used in the Disneyland piece. It was nice to see someone notice that.

I am currently working on the remaining 3 lands - Critter Country, Mickey's Toontown and New Orleans Square. They will be released later this year to complete the set.

I will also be creating a set of Icon Letter pieces for the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. These ones will be entirely hand-made by me and will be a limited edition of only 10 of each land (20 for Magic Kingdom). These will be released later this year also.

If anyone would like to be added to my email release list you can send me a note to [email protected]

Thanks again for your kind words.
    Sincerely.
    Dave Avanzino"

Wow, thanks for responding to us! It's always cool when the artist shows up. You sure do great work, and it's definitely appreciated. I also want to thank you for doing the open ended pieces too, since that was the only way I would be able to afford any. It's great that the quality is pretty much the same too, I was totally impressed. Now, if only I had more wall space, LOL!

• Lost in the stacks

Does anyone know if these pieces are still available? I have a friend headed to Disneyland this weekend and I would like him to pick up the "Disneyland" piece for me.

Should I call ahead and ask if they can hold one?

• /sigh

So, I just checked, and looks like there are pictures of Dave Avanzino's new Critter Country and Toon Town letter boxes.

I'm very impressed with Critter Country.....

but...Toon Town....

The letters look way to scrunched together, especially with the M icon to the left. I'm not sure I'd be willing to fork over the big bucks for TT, but, may need to if we desire to complete our collection.

They still don't have a picture of New Orleans Square...I can't wait for that one!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• I'm your huckleberry.

Ew, yeah Cuz, I'm not digging that Toon Town one. I think so far, my fave is Adventureland.... so much cute detail!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Ew, yeah Cuz, I'm not digging that Toon Town one. I think so far, my fave is Adventureland.... so much cute detail!
    That's my fave, too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast