Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Comparing Pirates Of The Caribbean first drop to other ride drops

im not big on roller coasters, but i can handle anything DLR has. tower of terror makes me scream like a little girl every time i ride it though, if pirates makes you scared i wouldnt recommend it. california screamin intimidated me the first time because of the loop, but really, thats the easiest part, and nothing else is that bad either. the shoulder restraints lock you in so well that it doesnt scare me.

anything else you could definitely handle. matterhorns doesnt have any major drops, space mountain and big thunder dont either. splash mountain is scary the first time, but its so much fun.

i was scared the first time i rode all of these rides, but i decided that i wouldnt let fear get in the way of having fun experiences.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Are you sure about that?

sin 21 = .358
    so sin 21 * 52 ft = 18.6 ft

That sounds like a much more reasonable height of the first Pirates drops than 43.5 ft.
    Yes, that is correct. My calculator was in radians instead of degrees when I calculated that one. <sigh>

Final numbers:
    PotC 1: 18.63 feet
    PotC 2: 13.25 feet
    Splash: 71.1 feet

So, from the bayou to the very bottom of Pirates is only 31 feet 10.5 inches

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. My calculator was in radians instead of degrees when I calculated that one. <sigh>
    That explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Final numbers:
    PotC 1: 18.63 feet
    PotC 2: 13.25 feet
    Splash: 71.1 feet

So, from the bayou to the very bottom of Pirates is only 31 feet 10.5 inches
    But wait, you're comparing POTC height to Splash Mountain length here. I thought Splash's drop was 52ft in height, but 71.1ft long. And the POTC's drops total 31ft 10.5in, right?

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I'm a big wimp, the fast rides like Big Thunder Mountain RR are no problem, but the drops make me really anxious, the POTC drops were just about right for me, thrilling with out being scary. Splash Mountain for me was horrible! I was so scared from the drop that I would never do it again. That being said though, I am so glad I went on it so now I will never have to wonder what I missed!
    Yaye!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Indy was fine too, not at all scary! Love Soarin'!
    Yaye!

• Hukuna Matata!

I love drop's from the Pirates drop to the California Screamn Drop, nothing better than a good adrenaline rush.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    That explains it.

But wait, you're comparing POTC height to Splash Mountain length here. I thought Splash's drop was 52ft in height, but 71.1ft long. And the POTC's drops total 31ft 10.5in, right?
    It is I was just reiterating the numbers that I had computed, not the ones given.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12