Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!

Wall-E Attraction To Replace E.O. After The Run In Magic Eye Theatre

I was talking to a CM today in front of the Magic Eye Theatre and asked him about news of an opening date. He told me nothing of an opening but added that Honey I Shrunk The Audience is gone for good and once Captain E.O. has it's run, thoughts of an all-new Wall-e show will be put in.
    MEOW.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: Wall-E Attraction To Replace E.O. After The Run In Magic Eye Theatre

anything but MILF! (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor). I'd rather see HISTA come back, but I wouldn't mind a new Wall-E attraction.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    anything but MILF! (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor). I'd rather see HISTA come back, but I wouldn't mind a new Wall-E attraction.
    Def no MILK
    Don't know about Wall•E
    We know Disney will run (whatever they choose) into the ground and let it play for two or more decades. We need something that will stand the test of time. I don't think Wall•E would be it.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• gyre & gimble in the wabe

I wonder what they'd do with a Wall-E attraction that would make it consistent with the movie. Would they stage it before the movie like make the show a big robotic convention presentation to introduce the "new" Wall-E model and it's purpose to us? Would it insert us right in the middle of the action sometime during the movie, like on the ship? I expect the latter is more likely since it would allow the incorporation of EvE because that's quite an important character as well and I'm sure TDA would want as many of the recognizable characters as possible to make it relatable. Just a thought
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

• All-American

Cast Members usually can't be trusted for any sort of information that we fans don't know already... but I must say, it certainly sounds better than Monster's Inc.!

• hi!

forecast of this thread, maybe even in order:

-"anything's better than Monsters Inc Laugh Floor!"
    -"oh god, not MORE pixar in the parks..."
    -"ok fine, it's fits the theme better.. but oh god, not another MOVIE based attraction.."
    -bickering over Disney's approach at new attractions
    -pointless (but admittedly funny) lolcats and the like images
    -plagued

• Artistic integrity

Not sure where I remember reading it ...
    But someone said that Tony Baxter and some other imagineer have been working on a "Wall E" attraction for three years.

I just couldn't figure out what it was? A ride? A "Magic Eye" Theater presentation? Something else for Tomorrrowland .. not sure.

So if it's indeed a 3D film .... I'll take Wall-E over that inane MILF rumor ... ANY day!

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

i really like wall-e.

i wish i could see an actual ride realized and not a show bc as much as i love some shows they are just not attractions that i continually go and see....live-action shows are different bc i will watch those a lot and find them more interesting.

but anyways, whatever they use that space for i just hope it helps bring tomorrowland more to life as a land of tomorrow

flower gleam & glow...

• Lion

If (and that's a big if) there's any truth to this rumor, I would like to see a Wall-E attraction. You'd have to figure 3D/4D attraction would be all they could fit in there unless they got really creative with the space in and around that area and used the Starcade area and more.

If they go with 3D/4D movie, they could possibly integrate a new storyline into the film like they did with the Burn-E short, or like they did with the Incredibles and Jack Jack Attack. It wouldn't be a rehash of the film but a new story that weaves within the movie. I could envision the whole "hyper speed" (like in Star Tours I), dancing in space, etc. With the new digital 3D technology at their disposal, they could make a really good 3D movie, but I think that the best attraction would involve some sort of simulator technology. Maybe that fabled CAVE system that they never ended up using for a remake of the Great Movie Ride. With Star Tours II likely going the 3D simulator ride route I kind of doubt that they'd do the same thing right next door with a Wall-E attraction, but I certainly wouldn't mind if they did that, or used a slightly different type of simulator/3D combo.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Wall-E in a star tours style ride?
    or a movie in wall-Es eyes?

for now anything can happen

• Banned User

That theatre hosts 3D movies, I would assume it will be Wall-E 3D/4D. If it's state of the art 3D like Mickey's PhilharMagic, it should be an excellent attraction.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

A Wall-E show would be great, much better than Monsters.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Please no, that park has enough problems.

• Banned User

Wall E was the least successful Pixar movie financially, there is no chance that Disney would risk its tight budget on it. I saw the Monsters Inc, Laugh Floor when I was in Florida, and thought it was funny enough. Maybe a bit more variety would be nice to the presentation, as it doesn't do so well under repeated viewings (but what 3D show does?) I will say thought that I was impressed with the audience participation level, and the random "Who is it gonna be?" element was done well enough I'd say.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Telpeurion View Post
    Wall E was the least successful Pixar movie financially, there is no chance that Disney would risk its tight budget on it. I saw the Monsters Inc, Laugh Floor when I was in Florida, and thought it was funny enough. Maybe a bit more variety would be nice to the presentation, as it doesn't do so well under repeated viewings (but what 3D show does?) I will say thought that I was impressed with the audience participation level, and the random "Who is it gonna be?" element was done well enough I'd say.
    Wall-E was not the least successful Pixar film. Wall-E was one of the most critically acclaimed animated movies of all time and brought in over $520,000,000 worldwide. A Bug's Life (which has an entire "land") only brought in $363,000,000 worldwide, Toy Story $362,000,000 worldwide. Wall-E also pulled in more money domestically than Toy Story, Ratatouille, and A Bug's Life, and finished just $20M behind Cars and Toy Story 2 domestically and just $30M behind Monsters, Inc. Additionally, Wall-E is the only Disney animated film of of any renown that could in any way feasibly fit the Tomorrowland theme.

There are far less successful films that have attractions and/or lands based around them, and far more obscure films/characters that have attractions based on them. Song of the South? I bet half the people who ride Splash Mountain don't even know what Song of the South is.

While I'm not suggesting they have to make a new attraction based on Wall-E, or even on any Disney film/franchise at all, they could definitely do much worse than Wall-E.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast