Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16

    • Fantasmic! Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ventura County, California
    Posts
    598

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Get rid of it's tough to be a bug and make that the Disney short films theater. I think this theater may actually work out in the long run. Although historically speaking all shows that show videos end up becoming desolate. Not sure what would be the best idea. Maybe connect these two buildings for a dark ride or another club 33. Lots of potential here.

  2. #17

    • Yeti Enthusiast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    553

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    I'd be all for a theater, especially since it doesn't seem like there would be enough room for a large attraction in that space. Just using the shorts and features created from 1928-1960 or so, you could create a never-repeating venue. Also, having a permanent space to watch digitally restored/projected 4K versions of classic Disney animation would attract APers and the LA filmgoing community in spades.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    I have been working on a plan for the Carthay in my version of DCA. I think that it should be a theater. The whole attraction would be called Walt Disney's California Adventures. The entrance would sport a portrait of Walt and a dedication of the attraction. The lobby and queue area would feature various Disney artifacts. There would be a small second level that pays tribute to DCA with the scale models of the park and other things (this is a place where imagineers could present new attractions like in the blue sky cellar).

    The main part of the attraction would be in the actual theater where a film about Walt Disney's endeavors in California from movies and short films to the building of Disneyland would play. It would be about 25 minutes long and run at the start of every hour. In between showing, guests would be free to enter the theater and watch various Disney shorts or watch while they wait for the show to start.

    After every showing of the Walt film, the theater could be emptied and quickly cleaned if needed and then allow guests to watch the shorts.

    There could be some special events when full Disney movies are played in the theater.
    Any idea of when we can all hear this idea?

  4. #19

    • Future Animator
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    311

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    With "It's tough to be a bug" immediately behind the future Carthay Circle theater building .... I wouldn't dream "too big" on anything. I think the best it can be is exhibit space - ALA, The Walt Disney Story, idea.

    If you don't believe me .... go click on Google Earth, Google Maps, or Bingmaps.com .. and see for yourself.

    Any large scale "Carthay Circle" attraction is out of the question .. Unless they do away with "it's tough to be a bug" or Playhouse Disney to the right.
    I think a theater is hardly, dreaming "too big". I mean, it has possibilities to dream "big"... without have to expand into other show buildings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    I'd be all for a theater, especially since it doesn't seem like there would be enough room for a large attraction in that space. Just using the shorts and features created from 1928-1960 or so, you could create a never-repeating venue. Also, having a permanent space to watch digitally restored/projected 4K versions of classic Disney animation would attract APers and the LA filmgoing community in spades.
    Exactly. For this type of attraction less is more. I think a Disney exhibit would be fantastic, but I doubt it would happen. I mean, not correctly and on the scale we would want. I would not want them to throw together a film and exhibit that isn't really well done.

    With showcasing Disney shorts (and remastered Disney classics as Matterhorn Boy said), it would be all the Disney nostalgia and Disney classic-ness that is needed and all that they would have to do is get the film from the Disney archives... and make the facility, of course.

    YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

    ...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    ^ Agreed this would be just like having snow white in her castle, we'll have Walt's work in his first feature "castle"

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    677

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Any idea of when we can all hear this idea?
    Well, I planned on revealing my detailed plan for the Carthay with my whole DCA reimagineering idea. I have almost completed the descriptions of all my attractions and such but would still like to add more visuals before I reveal my plan. This includes the idea for Walt Disney's California Adventures.

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    ^ Nice! I'll be looking forward to your ideas

  8. #23

    • Addicted to Disney
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    417

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    I think they should either put The Great Movie ride or The Walt Disney story in it.

  9. #24

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    I think a theater is hardly, dreaming "too big". I mean, it has possibilities to dream "big"... without have to expand into other show buildings.
    I hope something nice will eventually be built into the building. I just see it being "medium" size at best .. because of where it will sit in relation to other, neighboring buildings.

  10. #25

    • Lion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    The It's Tough to be a Bug theater can always be used for expansion and a future attraction that "starts" in the Carthay theater - it will only be a matter of feet away. Eventually ITTBAB will run its course and need replacement.

  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,602

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Disneyland already had a full size theater that used to show cartoons in fantasyland. The theater saw less and less guests and eventually was torn down during the fantayland remodel.

    I don't think that they should add one inside the Carthay as the main focus for the building.

    I think they need to go with the original plans and create an interactive museum inside of it. When the opera house was redone recently it lost the last remaining Walt Disney office while hte other one which was on loan to WDW was never returned. WDI should push to bring back the office from WDW and then also bring out some more artifacts was from archive and create a tribute to Walt.

    i had posted a picture from the Miceage gallery on one of the trheads about the hyperion and that sketch shows that theere is room for a nice size showbuilding without removing bugs life.
    If thy need more room they could easily remove the playhouse Disney show and use the front portion of that building for a small shop and then use the rest of that building to attach it to the Carthay for a good size darkride if needed.

    here is the picture again. look at the area that was used before for the parade gates in the suncourt. a long hallway could easily be built there that would allow a straight away for one track leading to the extended showroom and one coming back to the main showroom.

    Connecting the Carthay building and the playouse building would add lots of space for a ride if they wanted. The key element is to leave a small space in the front area of the playhouse Disney building for a small shop so that hollywood would not have another empty facade.


  12. #27

    • Future Animator
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    311

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I hope something nice will eventually be built into the building. I just see it being "medium" size at best .. because of where it will sit in relation to other, neighboring buildings.
    I don't think it can be anything but "medium".

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Disneyland already had a full size theater that used to show cartoons in fantasyland. The theater saw less and less guests and eventually was torn down during the fantayland remodel.

    I don't think that they should add one inside the Carthay as the main focus for the building.

    I think they need to go with the original plans and create an interactive museum inside of it. When the opera house was redone recently it lost the last remaining Walt Disney office while hte other one which was on loan to WDW was never returned. WDI should push to bring back the office from WDW and then also bring out some more artifacts was from archive and create a tribute to Walt.

    i had posted a picture from the Miceage gallery on one of the trheads about the hyperion and that sketch shows that theere is room for a nice size showbuilding without removing bugs life.
    If thy need more room they could easily remove the playhouse Disney show and use the front portion of that building for a small shop and then use the rest of that building to attach it to the Carthay for a good size darkride if needed.

    here is the picture again. look at the area that was used before for the parade gates in the suncourt. a long hallway could easily be built there that would allow a straight away for one track leading to the extended showroom and one coming back to the main showroom.

    Connecting the Carthay building and the playouse building would add lots of space for a ride if they wanted. The key element is to leave a small space in the front area of the playhouse Disney building for a small shop so that hollywood would not have another empty facade.

    I think a darkride would be cool. But a theater would be the most appropriate because of the fact that it's a recreation of an actual theater. I'm even for the proposed Walt Disney documentary, but apparently it's not a go.

    A museum? So it's a theater facade outside with a museum on the inside... I don't see how that would be a "first choice". One of the things Disney does best is taking a an existing type of building like say an Opera House and fittingly insert a show. In this case, an audio-animatronic show.

    If they build a recreation of a theater. They're going to build...a theater. The only time it hasn't been that way is Great Movie Ride at DHS... which I highly doubt will ever be duplicated. But I suppose something like that would work.

    I don't feel anything but a nostalgic film would fit in there. Not an E-Ticket. Something humble and Classic Disney. Which is lacking in California Adventure.

    YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

    ...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

  13. #28

    • Princess Kristina
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    I really think the idea is very smart. I think they should play classic movies at different times each day in the theater, and especially play Snow White since that is where it previewed, I believe. I'm excited for the changes to DCA, but at the same time, it won't be the same at all. Tons of attractions are changing, and the parades are being doubled in length, and the water show will be fantastic! Wooo!

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bay Area,Ca
    Posts
    440

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    I'd say put our version of The Great Movie Ride in the Hollywood and Dine building.For the Carthay Circle Theatre I would put Golden Dreams and Walt Disney's One Mans Dream playing in this theatre along with some short Disney Cartoons in between both shows.

  15. #30

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Re: Carthay Circle Theater

    Does anybody know the size that the Carthay building will be @ DCA? I sure hope it isn't a 1:1 of version they have at Hollywood Studios. I would assume it would be big and grand and have those huge spot lights in the air behind it =). (Like the Chinese Theater @ Hollywood Studios)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] STOP!: DCA's Carthay Circle Theater tower isn't good enough
    By jcruise86 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
  2. [Rumor] Walt Disney Plaza - Carthay Circle Theater Rumor
    By DisneyPro in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
  3. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
  4. Carthay Circle Theatre Idea for DCA
    By steve2wdw in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •