TomorrowLand Area 51 ride

Hi, i just got this idea for a motion simulator ride from Area 51 and they could get one of those cool sr-71's to put outside it. I was thinking it would give you the feel of mach 3 in a spy plane or something like that. here's a link to a park ive been to that has a sr 71 Blackbird Air Park, Antelope Valley - LetsGoSeeIt.com

a you tube video of it [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1250fZuhUg"]YouTube- Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird[/ame]

When i think Area 51 i think state of the art, the future, just an idea.

If you have ever seen one of the planes up close you would know the cool factor, it holds all the speed records. Ive seen 4 in Museums alone in California.

• Senior Minion

Re: TomorrowLand Area 51 ride

Area 51 and Blackbirds reminds me of the cold war not the future, and to me is too "real world" to fit into DL. They are cool planes though, much bigger in person then they look on TV.

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

They could easily retrofit Mission: Space into the area where the Carousel building is, but that won't happen anytime soon.

OTOH, Area 51 does not exist, at least officially. It is properly known as Groom Lake. Besides, all the "black ops" and "X projects" have moved to Michael Army Air Field in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Area 51 and Blackbirds reminds me of the cold war not the future, and to me is too "real world" to fit into DL. They are cool planes though, much bigger in person then they look on TV.

My wife is in the AF so we like to go see the planes, its old for sure but its still got every record and looks sleeker than any other plane ive ever seen.

You ever read about how it can fly with it afterburners on non stop, only plane that can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG3dfx View Post
    Hi, i just got this idea for a motion simulator ride from Area 51 and they could get one of those cool sr-71's to put outside it. I was thinking it would give you the feel of mach 3 in a spy plane or something like that. here's a link to a park ive been to that has a sr 71 Blackbird Air Park, Antelope Valley - LetsGoSeeIt.com

a you tube video of it YouTube- Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

When i think Area 51 i think state of the art, the future, just an idea.

If you have ever seen one of the planes up close you would know the cool factor, it holds all the speed records. Ive seen 4 in Museums alone in California.
    Another idea could be a sim ride thats switches btween fastest plane, jetcar, jetboat to give all the different feelings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related]YouTube - Thrust SSC - Still The Fastest Land Vehicle[/ame]