Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A bear band bear

DL reduced hours - Friday, 1/22/10

Disneyland reduced their hours for the 3rd time this week! 8pm close from the original 11pm.

DCA is closing at 6pm.

Saw some photos of the HAIL down there! Smart they reduced hours again. Glad I'm not heading down from Ventura as I had originally planned, but sad, too. Love empty DL in the rain, especially on a Friday night!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: DL reduced hours - Friday, 1/22/10

well i'm just curious as to how many people are actually going to be there? yes there's rain, but it's also friday night, sooo....hmmm...?
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

It's a cold, wet, rainy Friday night, so I'd guess probably not many. It's disappointing if you are one of the few that do go and have to leave early, but I understand the thinking behind it.

• Rock Star Minion

Idea to prevent DL management from shortening hours: all MC AP'ers in the area show up!!
    Are we big enough to effect change?

And, with the RoA filling up from the rain, could we get Fantasmic! showing??? (kidding)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmetutu View Post
    Disneyland reduced their hours for the 3rd time this week! 8pm close from the original 11pm.

DCA is closing at 6pm.

Saw some photos of the HAIL down there! Smart they reduced hours again. Glad I'm not heading down from Ventura as I had originally planned, but sad, too. Love empty DL in the rain, especially on a Friday night!

Unbelievable. Although considering the hailstorm pounding us at the moment, probably not such a bad idea...

I wonder if it was hailing in the park. It's going to KILL me if I missed mainstreet covered in white.

Also wondering how much this week's storms COST Disney in terms of lost business. Is it in the tens of thousands? It would HAVE to be, no? Lost ticket sales along with merchandise, etc...

I wonder how much this week set them back financially. Hmmmm...
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-22-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Meh, I'm still going... I don't care.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Also wondering how much this week's storms COST Disney in terms of lost business. Is it in the tens of thousands? It would HAVE to be, no? Lost ticket sales along with merchandise, etc...
    Tens of thousands is, um, a drop in the bucket for a company like Disney.

Weather is an excuseable reason for poor performance. And a week like this happens nearly every year.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Tens of thousands is, um, a drop in the bucket for a company like Disney.

Weather is an excuseable reason for poor performance. And a week like this happens nearly every year.
    Actually a week like this may happen only every 5 years or so. Last time we had rain like this in SoCal was in 2005. Since then, we usually get one quick storm, then back to sunshine. But thanks to El Nino (according to the forecasters) this string of storms for 5 straight days is not a very frequent occurrence.

They really need to fix the drainage on Main Street.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Theoretical View Post
    They really need to fix the drainage on Main Street.
    Or get a lot more Ducks

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Knott's berry farm has been closed for a whole week now.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

Just a little recap of my visit today...POURING RAIN!! Lol, all day it was coming pretty good, the track in the river is covered with water again, everything was 10-15 min. wait nothing longer. Thunder Mountain in the rain is awesomely fun. All day they had 11 p.m. as the closing time so they must have recently reduced them. I'm guessing Disney has lost their a-s-s on fireworks this week, and this weekend is supposed to be cloudy and very windy, I wouldn't be suprised if fireworks were cancelled all weekend long

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Au contraire, StarTours1 - if the weather is even Blah, as long as it isn't raining there will be a big crush of people Getting Out Of The House!! where they've been staring at the same four walls all week, and the place will be busy to packed.

If the winds allow and the people show up, Fireworks will run both days. Because all the people who've extended and adjusted their vacations knowing we'll have a few days of nice weather on the weekend before the next storm shows up Tuesday-ish will DEMAND it.

Me, I'm checking the weather forecasts carefully, and I might come down Saturday night if the winds come up calm - probably too soon though. Sunday for the Meet looks real good, and by then it should be good fireworks weather.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Sock Puppet

My girlfriend and I just got bak from disneyland. It wasnt as empty as most post make it seems. It wasn't raining all that bad either. According to the OP time they posted this it was 3:30. By that time the rain had all but gone away only coming in short two minute bursts and by 4:00 it was all but gone. It was cold though, but due to the earlier rain the characters at DCA were all huddled inside the animation building and it was for some very fond memories of very active characters.
    I think since it was the butt of the storm Disney execs were unsure of how the weather was going to turn out. We asked the info booth around 4:00 what time Disneyland was going to close and they had already decided on 8 p.m. I think the execs dropped the ball by closing so early since it stopped raining all together by then. It was still fun to be there despite the damp beginning. And Main Street was not flooded anymore like the previous days (which was a relief).

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I got to DL at 8 and it was closed....great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast