Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Mickey's Toontown - Bailout Or Condemn?

Mickey's Toontown started out with only a handful of attractions. Now that Goofy's Bounce House and the Jolly Trolly have long been removed, there's three or four noteworthy attration's left. With such an abuntance of things to do, it leaves one to wonder what they plan to deep six next.

Personally speaking, I love the atmosphere in spite of the dearth of rides, no shows, and a meet and greet. Toontown needs a bailout in the worst of ways. More attractions are imperitive. What is your opinion on the subject?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: Mickey's Toontown - Bailout Or Condemn

If they can find a way to revive it, then go ahead and do it. I just think an extension to Fantasyland would be better.
    And I know this is my dirty teenage mind (too many people with too many dirty jokes @ my school), but I skimmed through the title, and was like "Bailout or condom?! What the..then I reread it..haha

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Bailout! i love toontown! I dont know where they would squeeze more attractions in, but i think they can find something to do with it.

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

• Hukuna Matata!

Now keep in mind this is only a matter of opinion and I am also 30 years old. But I dont enjoy toontown one bit, But its for the kids and the kids love it, but If I could pull the plug on it I would in a heartbeat, I think they could do so much more with it. Even if they changed it around for the younger kids. But thats my opinion.

• Senior Minion

With the fireworks requiring the area to be closed early I fear that nothing significant will probably ever be done with TT. In any case, I think it's probably better to keep it and make some improvements, I just don't think they'll ever do anything as major as what it really needs.

• Pilot EdForceOne

If toontown had another RRabitt caliber attraction back there it would be most excellent.

I think the 'out of the way' nature and the look of the path hurts it more then it's attraction count. With two significant attractions and 3 'experience' things... its on par with most of the other lands in DL.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    With the fireworks requiring the area to be closed early I fear that nothing significant will probably ever be done with TT.
    I normally dont go back in that area after fireworks, but do they ever re-open TT on nights the park is open til midnight?

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I really like toon town, what I think they should do is take advantage of the concept more. If it's a toon town, then maybe instead of just meet and greets they have some stuff going on, perhaps before the meet and greets start have some fun music play and have all the characters do some sort of a dance party or block party in the middle of the town square or something, get the kids all excited! Then head off to their places for the photo/autographs.

I don't see where that in itself would cost anymore money for them, but it's definitely a quick and easy upgrade with little effort.
    Yaye!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    I normally dont go back in that area after fireworks, but do they ever re-open TT on nights the park is open til midnight?
    I think it stays closed if I recall correctly
    Yaye!

I say keep Toontown. It's been the only place that I have meet the most characters. Plus now that WDW is getting rid of their so called Toontown it makes more of a DL exclusive. There is something about going into the characters houses and have a chance to meet them.

I do think there is some work needed but the space is not that big. Would be nice to have a few more dark rides. Here's one that I thought about. Mickey's friends gets kidnapped by Brutus and Mickey gets thrown back in time. The journey takes place as Mickey teams up with other iconic Mickey's through the years as he tries to save his friends.

Plus with talks of a new roger Rabbit movie in a marketing sense it would be wise to keep Toontown around for a few more years.

• Minion

The park desperately needs more capacity for the crowded times, so closing it would be a mistake. That would only mean more crowding in Fantasyland and other areas. They should keep it open because it occupies a lot of kids and thus reduces crowding elsewhere in the park.

• Planning my next trip...

I actually love the atmosphere of Toontown, even back before I had kids. Although there's not much for adults, I agree that it is a much needed area for smaller children. I would love if they could include a few more attractions, and even expand a little. Definitely worth saving in my opinion.

• Banned User

I really like Toontown. I think it has a great sense of humor and creativity. It is lacking attractions and could use at least 1 other C or D attraction. RRCS is one of the best dark rides in the park. I love all the inside jokes around the area (This is a blank sign). I wish the Jolly Trolly would come back because it added to the feel of the land. Toontown actually seems to have a lot of potential but space limits it's possibilities. If they added 1 more high quality dark ride, I think the Land would be just right. And as far as Toontown having to close during the fireworks, well a good chunk of Fantasyland has to close too.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

condemn!i never liked toontown

The area is great for absorbing more guests, but I don't really care for it in its "toony" state. How about a re-do with shades of an "International Street" and/or "Edison Square" area (as once conceived in the Park's early years) -- incorporating a desperately-needed Mary Poppins attraction? Maybe a mini-world showcase borrowed from Epcot, tying in some English theming as an extension of Mr. Toad's architecture, colored with a few nods to other countries' styles (which would complement the Small World theme, along with the nearby Storybookland and its varied national references). Maybe an English "pub" could be incorporated for dining. Bring back some Swiss sensibility missing since the Skyway closing. Hmm, maybe too much of a hodge-podge....well anyway, I still think a Mary Poppins E (or at least D) ticket would be great. Such a great story (and music!) and I can't believe it's never been much represented in the Park save for the occasional Mary and Bert face characters. Let's not forget that Imagineering (aka "WED" back in the sixties) was financially bolstered by the film's profits -- so much so that they named their new manufacturing division "MAPO".

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast