Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Does anyone know what these are? Hoping someone can help!

Hey MiceChat, I was at Disneyland today and everywhere I kept going in DCA, I kept seeing these skulls like this (sorry for the link, I'm still not sure how to post images on MiceChat yet) so maybe someone can help me out and tell me what's the deal with them? I'm only asking because of where I saw them, which was everywhere in every single store, and it doesn't look like something Disney would be marketing and it really looks like they were placed there by someone. Hope someone has the answer I'm looking for!
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-24-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: title change
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Minion

re: Anyone know what's the deal with this? Hoping someone can help!

Can a moderator also change the title of the thread to "Does anyone know what these are? Hoping someone can help!" thanks

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I don't know, but I'll comment to bump this thread so that someone who does might notice! haha

• Parking Lot > DCA

I think what you are talking about is the flashing skull necklace thing? If so, I have no idea what the relation is; I remember seeing them around Halloween but they are still being sold..sorry, wasn't too much help..

• Not a Minion

I have no clue as to what those are, but can you give more insight or more photos as to where in each store they were found. They could be for an upcoming store promotion, but I can't think of one that'd deal with skulls.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I have no clue as to what those are, but can you give more insight or more photos as to where in each store they were found. They could be for an upcoming store promotion, but I can't think of one that'd deal with skulls.
    Sorry, that's the only picture I have. I first saw them in the windows in the gift shop at ToT and was like alright, that really doesn't look like something Disney would sell but ok. Then I was walking out of DCA for the night when they were closing up and they were on all the windows of the Engine Ears Store, and they were placed just like that picture, 3 to a window and spread out. That's when I got the idea of taking a picture and posting it on Twitter in hopes someone would know. The skulls continuously opened and closed there mouths and they were like stickers. Just the way they were placed looked kinda wierd, like someone was being stupid and decided to just grafiti DCA with them

EDIT: let me add that the stickers weren't on the window in the morning when the park opened but first showed up on the Engine Ears windows near the end of the night
    Last edited by disneyDragon923; 01-24-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Adding something I remembered

• is poppin' tags

So, they are glowing and feature movement? Are they just flashy decals? That could explain why they are selling them at night. But why the generic skulls in January? I don't get it. Bad show if it's a legit product. If some Disneydork MCers can't figure out what the heck it is, then it does NOT fit with any theme.... We are a pretty stringent bunch.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Just for future reference, click the yellow box with the mountain on it at the top of the text box when your typing a comment on the forum, and then insert the direct link to the picture in the box that pops up. Sometimes you have to click on the picture at the site it is on in order to get taken to the picture's actual address as opposed to the page the website features it on. Hope this makes a little sense. PM me or anyone else if you have questions, as I think anyone would be willing to help you straighten it out.

Before you do post pictures though, know you must state who's picture it is, and obey any copyrights. Not everyone wants their pictures shared. :P

• Lion

I can't say as to whether it was a prank or those are merchandise they are selling (although you'd figure if they were "unauthorized" that some CMs would notice rather quickly and they'd do something about devices that were stuck to store windows), but I can tell you that they are battery operated and made of a material called light sheet. It lights up on very little power and has very uniform lighting, allowing for a unique look. It animates by alternating between lit regions, similar to how the black and white LCD screens on watches and handheld games work.

We saw them too and wondered about them. Emi thought they were a tie in to Princess and the Frog. They reminded her of the bad guy!

• Addicted to MC since '08

I saw them at the Tower gift shop and examined them. The mouth has a flashing pattern that moves up and down like the skull is opening and closing the mouth. There appeared to be a necklace cord that allowed it to hang on you as well as suction cups to stick them to a window (of a car most likely).

I believe it was $13.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

They were originally being sold during Halloween. I don't know why they're still selling them, though.

• Minion

Re: Does anyone know what these are? Hoping someone can help!

Alright, thanks everyone. So we know what they are, but why are they out? It just doesn't fit the month, or any promotion that I know about. Hmm, it's wierd, really wierd

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Wow the one in the bottom left looks photoshopped. Weird, no idea what they are.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Wow the one in the bottom left looks photoshopped. Weird, no idea what they are.
    I was going to say the same thing. They look very photoshopped. (I'm not doubting the OPs authenticity, just making a comment on the photo's quality.)

...Joe...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast