korean group at Disneyland

found this video on youtube of a korean music group playing at Disneyland.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1XdKNv3Qs]YouTube - Korean Performance Group at Disneyland (01-23-10)[/ame]

i like it when Disney brings in variety of music from diferent culture. I hope that when the new Paradise Pier park is done that they continue this tradition. What better way to celebrate the state of California then to acknowledge the hundreds of cultures that make up the population of this state.

I also would not mind if Disney started ot use DCA to celebrate certain festivities surrounding these many cultures. Events like Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo and several other interesting festivities celebrated in communities around California.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: korean group at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I also would not mind if Disney started ot use DCA to celebrate certain festivities surrounding these many cultures. Events like Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo and several other interesting festivities celebrated in communities around California.
    I like that idea. Give it more of an Epcot feel with many special performances. Hopefully that stage near WOC will get a lot of use.

• gyre & gimble in the wabe

That was wonderful! I agree, I too think they should utilize DCA for all of those holidays as well.
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

• Banned User

I was there that day while they were performing, it was reaaaally a cool thing to see!

• Senior Minion

Thanks for posting the vid. I think more celebration of the events would be a welcome addition and add some culture to DCA.

I remember seeing chinese acrobats one time at Magic Mountain. It always felt out of place there but would love to see them in DCA. I would also like to see the return of the acrobats that used to do stunts with chairs in tomorrowland. all great acts that really entertain and are a diferent experience from the character shows.

now if only they would give the Mariachi Divas some cordless microphones i would be happy
    Last edited by Baloo; 01-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.

• Banned User

The only cultures I like are the kind used to make yogurt.

thats funny, but you do realize that the word culture has diferent meanings.

one of course meaning
    "the act or process of cultivating living material (as bacteria or viruses) in prepared nutrient media; also : a product of such cultivation"

but we are all refering to one of the other meanings

"the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time"