Red Face Is it too much to ask for?

Lol do you think after 2012 when TLM ride goes up..there will be at least a month in which every function of the park operates at its fullest? I hope to see the day that every attraction,restaurant, and show is up.

• Banned User

Re: Is it too much to ask for?

No. I don't blame them. Ride maintenance is a good thing. It means that everything is kept at it's fullest!

• Banned User

It's almost impossible to find a time when everything is running at a theme park --for good reason. There will always be lots of rides and areas of the park in need of refurb/improvement, or sometimes even replacement (that's why HISTA is down now).

As awesome as it would be it is unrealistic. Having everything open at once there would come a time where many things would be closed.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Alas, Disneyland is a YEAR Round park.

Places like Cedar Point are lucky in the fact they have a long off-season where they are closed to the public, and can do a lot of work behind closed doors.

But Disneyland is almost 55 years old, and it seems like every summer a few small things are closed for refurb.

Over at DCA, Disney really needs to close down Screamin', but keeps putting it off, since there isn't much to replace it. More than likely, after Cars Land opens, Screamin' will be closed for a few months (though not in the summer) to allow for a major refurb, including painting.

And heck, will Toy Story the Musical follow the Aladdin Schedule and only be offered 4 days a week. Or things like Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, now 5 days a week. Disney has cut back on entertainment, and I seriously doubt they will go back to a 7 days a week operation.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Hukuna Matata!

It is a nice thought, Like everyone is saying most times they only have from 12am-8am to clean and trim the trees Doesnt leave much time to repair and I actually would rather some rides be closed down then there be a tragedy. Great thought though, I would love to imagine running to any and every ride without it being closed, could you imagine how great it would be? Great thought.

• We Go On.

Well, TLM opens in 2011, and CarsLand opens and Phase one is finished in 2012. In 2011 they'll probably still be working on Buena Vista Street, but most construction should be done by CarsLand's opening, I would imagine.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They should go back to being closed 2 days out of the week.

Ahh. The good old days...

• Minion

In the first few decades, Disneyland was closed Mondays and Tuesdays, except during the summer and the holidays. Knott's was closed Wednesdays and Thursdays. Major maintenance work was done on the closed days. I don't know what year, but then Disneyland changed to being closed Mondays only. Then eventually they changed it to being open 365 days a year, but again I don't know exactly what started that. Now there's a flurry of nonstop activity between the time the park closes and the time it opens the next day. Huge trucks go down the main streets and bring new merchandise, all pre-sorted and ready to stock. All the landscaping is done in the middle of the night. Finally when all cleaning and maintenance is done, machines come through and clean all the streets and walkways.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

It would be fun to be able to go on whatever we want every time we visit, but not really practical. As Bob pointed out, in the old days when the Park was closed to the public things really got done. Now they have a few hours after the Park closes and they manage to get everyone out. The Park stragglers - the ones who like to be The Last One Out Of The Park Each Night - hold up the work and the castmembers being allowed to go home. Then on Grad Nites, well, the Park is basically open all the time. Major work has to be postponed. It has to be done sometimes - sooooo, there are closures whether we are there or not!

Too bad we can't take a poll as to what closes when! I'd like to be able to arrange something being down when I won't be there! lol Let me know when they start that policy!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!