Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Please oh Please Bring back the Cascade falls!

I wish I could have seen it I am to young to rememeber. It would be very cool to see it looks awesome from the pics

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Thanks for the timeline, Bob!

By the time I first came to the Park in 1962, the Mine Train was firmly established. I didn't remember it was 1977 when we lost the Train. I moaned over the loss of the Pack Mules as I always loved riding them. My husband remembers riding the Stage Coach.

So what became of the 5 acres freed when the Mine Train closed and Big Thunder didn't take over all of it? I know of the tunnel across from Big Thunder that the Mine Train used to come through and it does not lead into the Barbecue's area (I think...). Is that idle land now?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

I don't think Cascade Falls qualifies as something that needs to be permanently left in yesterland....just because.

It isn't an attraction, it's something that would once again accentuate the frontier landscape. I can't see any reason NOT to bring it back.

To desire something to remain in yesterland I would think there needs to be a reason for it to stay there (not wanting to rehash an old attraction, we need to move forward, etc.).

Resurrecting something that simply adds to the landscape in a positive way doesn't fall in that category, IMO.

I would love to see it again!

• Future Indy Castmember

I know the difference between resurecting an attraction vs a pice of landscaping.

However, I'm sure Disney had their reason into removing Cascade Peak in the first place. As far as the refilteration goes for ROA, they probably were aware of what they were doing and relocated the refiltering location nearby.

As much as everyone wants it back, I still think that some things weren't meant to last forever. The way ROA looks will continue to change for years to come and things will come and go.

Maybe in the future it will come back, but how much will the maintence cost for Cascade Peak if it does?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I know the difference between resurecting an attraction vs a pice of landscaping.

However, I'm sure Disney had their reason into removing Cascade Peak in the first place. As far as the refilteration goes for ROA, they probably were aware of what they were doing and relocated the refiltering location nearby.

As much as everyone wants it back, I still think that some things weren't meant to last forever. The way ROA looks will continue to change for years to come and things will come and go.

Maybe in the future it will come back, but how much will the maintence cost for Cascade Peak if it does?
    Disney's reason: it was falling apart and they didn't want to spend the money to fix it up. They didn't relocate and re-filtering location at all and you can tell how dirty the river is without it.

You have bad taste when you'd rather have a pile of dirt instead of an impressive and majestic piece of scenery.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    You have bad taste when you'd rather have a pile of dirt instead of an impressive and majestic piece of scenery.
    And i'm okay with that. I still think ROA is fine the way it is right now.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Minion

Ah, Disneyland dearly needs it's falling waters back.

Waterfalls create an unparalleled ambience of relaxation and beauty. The Rivers of America have seemed dead and cheapened without those majestic falls around the riverbend (not to mention, they helped keep the river waters filtered and churning). They really were a stunning centerpiece in the scenic panorama that have not been replaced in any way.

We also need Walt's falling water back all around the park - - including Skull Rock in Fantasyland.

• Minion

1965:

Now:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post

I'm sure you do know the difference between the two.

I was just expressing my own thoughts as to the distinction that I personally draw between the two.

If they had a reason for removing them though, then so be it.

I'm sure though that if the falls on the Matterhorn were no longer functioning and Disney decided to leave them turned off permanently rather than repair them, you'd have people commenting on that as well.

I wouldn't consider those old falls as being something to be left in "yesterland" though. I would just consider them something they should have just fixed. It's a nice addition to the experience.

As were the Cascade Falls.
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 01-30-2010 at 01:40 PM.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

So, that light orange area where the Living Desert used to be - that isn't part of the barbecue place is it? Looks way too big...

Russ suggested the Circle D ranch for the animals, but the ranch was there all along.

(Great pics, again, Bob!)

Isn't the Living Desert about 6 feet under all that now?

Sigh.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

Someone said that a portion of the buttes from the "Balancing Rock Canyon" part of the Living Desert are still visible today, in the Big Thunder Ranch area, but I don't know where. It's a little difficult to compare the aerial photos because I know the Disneyland Railroad tracks were rerouted at one point, so they tracks don't quite match up. I also don't know if they are using the western part of it along the river, where you see all the trees in the photo, for anything at all now. If not it would be nice to open it at least as a walk-through attraction.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Someone said that a portion of the buttes from the "Balancing Rock Canyon" part of the Living Desert are still visible today, in the Big Thunder Ranch area, but I don't know where.
    I think there the rocks next to where the Turkeys are. it can be hard to tell at first but they appear to be the exact remants of the buttes

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Artistic integrity

Of all things I wish to see in DL .... this is in my top 5.

Why anyone would think a pile of bushes is better than a majestic towering water fall should ask themselves if they are a "Disney" THEME park fan.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-30-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: typo

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Why anyone would think a pile of bushes is better than a majestic towering water fall should ask themselves if they are "Disney" THEME park fan.
    Whoa, slow down there. I don't go into DL all the time just to asorb the theme around me. If I know what the land is suppose to represent, then I'm fine with the land.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Ah, Disneyland dearly needs it's falling waters back.

Waterfalls create an unparalleled ambience of relaxation and beauty. The Rivers of America have seemed dead and cheapened without those majestic falls around the riverbend (not to mention, they helped keep the river waters filtered and churning). They really were a stunning centerpiece in the scenic panorama that have not been replaced in any way.

We also need Walt's falling water back all around the park - - including Skull Rock in Fantasyland.
    Amen to that!! The Cascade falls in general was a real treasure to behold. Hopefully the youngsters will someday get a chance to experience it again. Hopefully John Lasseter misses the falls

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast