Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

How I would expand DLR

Red = New Water Park, based on either POTC, or Neverland
    Light Blue= New parking structures
    Blue = Disney's Third Gate
    Black = New Hotels at Garden Walk
    Yellow = Hotel themed to Water Park
    Lavender = DTD expansion on the east side of the parks heading towards the 3rd gate
    Green = New expansion with the Disneyland Resort Monorail that goes from the current DTD Monorail stop to a new stop right in front of the third gate
    Orange = Cars Land

I think I would prefer the idea of TDS or DAK or WESTCOT for the 3rd gate, but I'd most prefer something completely new that still says disney, like a Villain's Park, or a Worlds of Disney idea with one area being toons, and others having heroes, villains, kind of like Kingdom hearts, those would all be options I'd like to see.

Also please look below at my DL park expansion and DCA expansion maps with many new rides.
    Disneyland:

DCA:

If you need me to clarify anything let me know, otherwise, please comment.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Re: How I would expand DLR

Could you maybe post a bigger copy of your DL and DCA park expansion maps?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Could you maybe post a bigger copy of your DL and DCA park expansion maps?
    agreed, i could probably read it if the handwriting wasnt exactly like mine, lousy lol. no offense.

I wish DCA was Wescot in the first place, but i like the idea of DAK, but im not shure because its right in the city, and don't think there is enough room. I would like the third gate to be based on culture, like a world adventure park, i know Epcot has something similar
    "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

• Minion

True its hard to read, but I scanned them in and they went that small even though they should be as big as a page. And I'll bet that the writing is made worse because its in sharpie, I can sum it up though:

So for DL I'll start on the left and work my way right, also top to bottom:
    Critter Country:
    -Swap out Pooh for Pooh's Hunny Hunt from TDL
    -add CBJ on the west side (where the sweets are)
    Frontierland/TSI/Indian Village
    -on the RoA add a boat load of AA critters, and re-set the settler's cabin ablaze, it was better that way
    -on TSI re-open Fort Wilderness
    -make a refreshment stand out of the shack on the south end of TSI
    -add a raft from TSI on the North end to Indian Village where there is now a dark ride (whether boat or car) based on Pocahontas with a meet and greet for Pocahontas and John Smith where the current Festival Arena is
    -Cascade Peak returns
    Adventureland:
    -add an Aladdin themed dark ride underneath all the shops in adventureland/frontierland and the que actually starts where the oasis show currently is
    Fantasyland:
    -replace PFF with a new area dedicated to movies in France, the big building would house both Hunchback of Notre Dame and Beauy and the Beast dark rides, across from that building is the Be Our Guest restaurant, and a Belle and Beast meet and greet.
    -where the motor boats used to be add another large show building with a London facade around it, this houses dark rides based on Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Bromsticks
    Tomorrowland 2055:
    - First is the Monorail mark VIII, looks the same as the mark vii from the outside, but the inside, you'll look out the window and see Disneyland in 2055, so there would be camera's taking real-time footage of the park, but it'll also give it a futuristic look.
    - next is People Mover 2, which would not be at all like the old version, it'll have a omnimover system but you'll be riding in the pods from Incredibles
    - replace HISTA with a new 4-d movie
    - replace innoventions with a new time travel thrill ride

DCA:
    Here I'll just go by land...
    Hollywoodland:
    -Monorail goes through here and switches from a future vuew to a sepia tone view of whats happening real-time and stops add the old Millionaire building letting guests off, this also eliminates any single park passes, now all passes are park-hoppers
    -instead of Toy Story The Musical, either keep Aladdin or put in Beauty and the Beast at the Hyperion theatre
    Buena Vista Street:
    -Carthay Circle Theatre... enough said there
    Condor Flats:
    - add goofy's Sky School up here instead of in PP
    Grizzly area:
    -take down SF street, add in CBJ if it's not in DL, and add the Grizzly trail ride that HKDL is getting
    Cars Land:
    -nothing different
    Paradise Pier:
    -WoC enough said
    -SSS ""
    -MFW ""
    -move Jumpin' Jellyfish to be right next to TLM
    -add Crush's Coaster where MM/GSS is currently
    put a new restaurant with prime seats for WoC where JJ is now
    Red Car Trolley:
    -add additional lines from CCT to SF street, PP, and Cars Land
    Parade Route:
    -have it start in Hollywoodland then have it meet up with and continue on the current route
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

I want to see the monorail expanded, A water park would be cool just to add another day on for peoples visit or at least half a day...

Frontierland need something else. Another ride, a western shop, more to look at and Fort Wilderness.

• Minion

You have some interesting ideas there.

I'm not big on water parks, but I know kids are, and it would make sense to have one accessible over there next to the hotels. And having a hotel themed to it could be interesting. It would certainly add to the area's offerings for families.

It really would be nice to get something going over there on the east side of Harbor too. The area has improved a bit, but it would be nice if it was Disney over there on that side of the park as well.

As for Carsland. I really wish they could come up with something a little different for the name of that area. Carsland seems a little uninspired. I didn't see that movie though so maybe it's more appropriate than I think.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    You have some interesting ideas there.

I'm not big on water parks, but I know kids are, and it would make sense to have one accessible over there next to the hotels. And having a hotel themed to it could be interesting. It would certainly add to the area's offerings for families.

It really would be nice to get something going over there on the east side of Harbor too. The area has improved a bit, but it would be nice if it was Disney over there on that side of the park as well.

As for Carsland. I really wish they could come up with something a little different for the name of that area. Carsland seems a little uninspired. I didn't see that movie though so maybe it's more appropriate than I think.
    How about making it be called Radiator Springs?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Radiator Springs sounds better than Carsland even route 66 is better.

• Banned User

Umm sorry, I like very few of these ideas. They are all out of place, unoriginal, or just not good.

• DL Obsessed

You kinda tackled this, but i think that they should redo the monorail routes. Have the monorail head to the disneyland hotel and the Grand Californian, also, maybe have it going through a few more things. It hasnt been updated in how long?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    How about making it be called Radiator Springs?
    Is that related to the movie? If so, that would work. Anything relating to Route 66 would fit too.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Umm sorry, I like very few of these ideas. They are all out of place, unoriginal, or just not good.
    Could you elaborate on how they're out of place?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Is that related to the movie? If so, that would work. Anything relating to Route 66 would fit too.
    The majority of the movie takes place in Radiator Springs
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Hey mickeyfan42! I don't usually comment on boards or anything but I think you need some positive criticism. I think you have really fun ideas and you dream BIG, which is great to do!
    But sometimes you just need to simplify them and make them more realistic.
    For example, spaces like the Motor Boat Cruise or Innoventions are not big enough to accommodate everything you have suggested. Or the idea of having a Bedknobs and Broomsticks attraction (I am personally a fan of the film) but this obviously would have a very specific demographic. Those are just a few things. These plans could be a dream ideal for you and I'm totally criticizing something you know can't techniquely be done, if so totally discard this post.
    I hate negative criticism, considering you have a great passion for this! Just keep having fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast