Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

My 'Disney's California Adventure' Project

A FutureImagineer Project:
    Disney's California Adventure

Introduction
    I have finally been able to compile all my thoughts and ideas for my ideal California Adventure. Before you read this very long presentation, keep in mind this is all blue sky; however, I did try my best to accommodate areas for utilities and other park necessities. I have been working on these ideas for a long time now and have finally been able to write everything down. Unfortunately, one thing I am not skilled at is taking my visual ideas in my head and turning them into physical pictures. Hopefully, my verbal descriptions will be able to supplement that. Also, keep in mind that if you find you have similar ideas, don't jump to the conclusion that I have copied you; most likely this mutual idea is so logical that it is an obvious change. However, sometimes things just turn out to be a coincident. I hope you enjoy reading my plan (even if you split it up over a period of time) and be sure to provide any comments or questions for discussion. Thank you.

Warning: This is a very long post. I've tried to divide it conveniently to be read over time.

Re-Dedication
    I’ll start this report off with what would be the re-dedication of the park once all additions and expansions are finished. This is an original speech; however, it is based on the opening day dedication given by Michael Eisner.

To all who come to this legendary land – eureka! Disney’s California Adventure celebrates the rich history of the Golden State. Here we pay tribute to the diversity of California … both in setting and in spirit … From the beautiful coastline to the lush forests and mountains … From the native people and explorers who discovered this wondrous place to the immigrants and entrepreneurs who came with visions of success. Disney’s California Adventure will always strive to spark the imagination and inspire dreams, just as the Golden State has done and will continue to do for hundreds of years.

Name and Theme
    As the re-dedication speech has suggested, the name of the park will continue to be Disney’s California Adventure. I have always loved the name and feel that it would not have to be altered in this plan. As for the theme of the park, I believe it has clearly been stated that the rich history, diverse culture, and natural vistas of California will serve as the theme. To put it simply, the theme will be California.

Park Icon and Logo
    The park icon will continue to be Grizzly Peak. Although it is not centrally located in the park and not positioned towards the entrance, I feel that it is a great California icon and sets this park apart from Disneyland. The Carthay Circle Theatre will act as a visual icon to bring you into the park; however, Grizzly Peak will be the official park icon.

As for the logo, the original logo that depicts Grizzly Peak among rays of sunlight will be used once again.

Park Layout
    Disney’s California Adventure will consist of eight lands. There will be three hubs from which guests can move from land to land. The following is an aerial overview of the park. One is unlabeled and the other has the three hubs (H) and eight lands labeled. The lands are as follows and will be described in detail below: Buena Vista Street, Hollywoodland, Bountiful Valley, Grizzly Peak, Seaside Village, Paradise Pier, Route 66, and Discovery Bay.

Major Park Transportation
    There will be three major transportation systems.

-California Adventure Railway – A railroad that has three stations (detailed later). The trains will be modeled after the California Zephyr.

-Pacific Electric Red Car – The already planned system that will travel through Buena Vista Street and Hollywoodland.

-Waterway/Ferry System – A boat system that will have three docks. Boats will be modeled after historic California-related ships. Although the World of Color platform does not allow room for this, my plan includes it as a blue sky idea.

These are labeled on the following map. Lines are the routes and dots are the stations/docks. Blue is the Railway, red is the Red Cars, and yellow is the ferry system.

Stop here and come back OR continue on. It's your chose.

Now, I would like to describe each of the lands and their attractions, shops, and restaurants. For the sake of length, I will keep all my descriptions to the bare minimum. However, if you would like more information on anything, just ask.

Also, on each land’s map, restrooms will be labeled R.

Buena Vista Street
    Acting as the main street of California Adventure, Buena Vista Street is an idealized 1920’s Los Angeles street that pays tribute to Walt Disney and his endeavors in California.

This land will remain largely unchanged from the WDI plans. One major change not listed below is the removal of the monorail track through this land and the park completely. This is due to the fact that my overall resort plan reroutes the monorail.

Park Entrance:
    -rather than the replica of the Pan Pacific Theatre used at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the entrance will resemble Los Angeles City Hall with its interior reminiscent of Los Angeles Union Station
    -building houses the turnstiles, a nice sitting area, and the guest relations office
    -interior decorated with grand murals, mosaics, and detailed lighting fixtures

Attractions:
    1. Walt Disney’s California Adventures
    -featured attraction of Buena Vista Street, located in the Carthay Circle Theatre
    -a salute to Walt’s endeavors in California from his first animated films to his opening of Disneyland
    -lower level includes an entrance hall, main lobby filled with Disney artifacts, a theatre with a film about Walt Disney, and an exit lobby
    -upper level includes more artifacts as well as scale models of the park; also, on the western end a window looks up at Grizzly Peak, while on the northern end a window looks down Buena Vista Street

2. Pacific Electric Red Car
    -stops at the “town square” of Buena Vista Street, the hub near the Carthay Circle Theatre, and travels into Hollywoodland

3. Big City Vehicles
    -similar to Main Street’s vehicles; however, themed to the 1920’s

The following restaurants and shops were created by WDI. Based on the given names, I have speculated whether each is an eatery or shop.

Restaurants:
    4. Mortimer Market
    5. Clarabelle’s Corner Café

Shops:
    6. Carolwood Trains, Craft & Hobby
    7. Horace’s Pawn Shop
    8. Julius & Sons Tailors
    9. Oswald’s Gas & Oil
    10. Seward’s Five & Dime
    11. Doc Sherwood Apothecary
    12. Kingswell Camera
    13. Elias & Co. Department Store

After guests enter through Buena Vista Street and encounter the hub in front of the Carthay Circle Theatre, they can travel to one of three lands: Hollywoodland, Grizzly Peak, or Bountiful Valley. Let’s start with Hollywoodland.

Hollywoodland
    A thriving and busy cinema boomtown, Hollywoodland is the heart of the late-1930’s Hollywood that celebrates the Golden Age of Movies – its glamour, culture, and production.

With my plan, all the northern building would be demolished and replaced with new structures. Also, hills with the Hollywoodland sign will be built on top of an attraction and look like it sits in the distance.

Attractions:
    1. LIVE! at the Egyptian
    -located inside a replica of Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre
    -various live stage shows that rotate through the week
    -may include the current Playhouse Disney show, as well as other new shows

2. American Film Institute Showcase
    -display of famous props, costumes, and sets of historical films
    -similar to the one at DHS
    -may act as an entrance/queue or exit to LIVE! at the Egyptian

3. Hollywoodland’s Big Band Swing
    -tribute to the jazz music of the era
    -dark-ride/coaster hybrid through nighttime Hollywood
    -haven’t yet created the details

4. Animation Studio
    -located in the Hollywood Studios area of Hollywoodland
    -features the Art of Animation and Turtle Talk with Crush (both mostly unchanged)

5. Dick Tracy’s Great Movie Pursuit
    -located in the “Sound Stages” of Hollywood Studios
    -combination of the Great Movie Ride and the never-built Dick Tracy’s Crimestoppers attraction
    -Dick Tracy leads guests on a wild ride through the various famous movie sets to catch fleeing criminals
    -the Indiana Jones Adventure of Disney’s California Adventure

6. Stunts and Special Effects Spectacular
    -located on the “Back Lot” of Hollywood Studios
    -similar in set-up to the Indian Jones Stunt Show at DHS; however, not themed to Indiana Jones

7. Hyperion Theatre
    -new facade and indoor queuing area
    -Toy Story Musical is an option but I feel a different show would be better

8. Jim Henson’s Muppets Gone Hollywood
    -a dark ride that features the flashlight technology of Tokyo Disneyland’s Ride & Go Seek
    -animatronic Muppets travel through Hollywood

9. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    -largely unchanged from current version
    -any reference to the Tower being a movie set is removed
    -randomized drop sequence added

10. Pacific Electric Red Car
    -stops on Hollywood Blvd, Vine St, and in the hub adjacent to Tower of Terror

Restaurants:
    11. Fairfax Diner
    -located in the original Soap Opera Bistro building

12. The Brown Derby
    -replica of the famous restaurant in Hollywood
    -sit-down restaurant

13. Studios Catering Co.
    -counter-service

14. Sunset Scoops
    -ice-cream shop

Shops:
    15. Off the Page
    16. Studio Store
    17. Various shops

Bountiful Valley
    Celebrating fertile farmlands and California Missions, Bountiful Valley is an early-1800’s rancho that sits along the California River and revolves around the roots of the Golden State.

This land is completely re-built from the ground up and will be completely different from the original Bountiful Valley Farms area.

Attractions:
    1. Conquista de California
    -boat ride through varying scenes of early California, from the sprawling chaparral ecosystem to the thriving Spanish missions
    -includes views of animatronic wildlife, Indian villages, and rich farmlands
    -the Pirates of the Caribbean of California Adventure

2. Golden Opportunities
    -a theater show similar to The American Adventure at Epcot that portrays California history
    -although derived from Golden Dreams, this new attraction would be much more immersive and detailed
    -split into six scenes:
    -Queen Califia – the mysterious and legendary roots of California
    -Settlement – Cortés and Cabrillo of naval exploration and Junípero Serra of
    the mission system
    -Gold Rush – the discovery of gold at Sutter’s Mill and American statehood
    -Immigration – the new cultures that came including the Chinese rail
    workers and the development of San Francisco
    -Entrepreneurs – cinema and early Los Angeles and engineering feats
    -Revolution – labor, civil rights, and technological advancements
    -concludes with a short film of recent California history

3. Indian Village
    -a reincarnation of the Indian Village in Disneyland
    -display of ancient rituals of tribes such as the Chumash, Mohave, and Shasta

4. Golden Vine Winery Tour
    -a small guided tour through a vineyard and wine production demonstration

5. California Adventure Railway
    -Bountiful Valley contains one of three stations of this attraction

6. Bountiful Valley Boat Dock
    -one of three docks to the ferry system within the park

Restaurants:
    7. Courtyard Cocina
    -a Mexican restaurant similar to the current Cocina Cucamonga

8. Riverbend Ranch
    -offers barbeque-style food, like that of Big Thunder Ranch, in smaller, individual portions

Shops:
    9. Mission Marketplace
    10. The Bell Tower
    11. Various shops

Grizzly Peak
    Found in the ruggedness of the high-Sierra, Grizzly Peak is a Gold Rush era wilderness that pays tribute to the many who explored and settled in California seeking riches and success.

Despite the rumors of a National Park theme, I feel an 1849 Gold Rush theme is more significant to California history portrayed in the park. Grizzly Peak, however, will still represent the natural beauty of Yosemite and the Redwoods.

Also, the entrance to this land from Buena Vista Street will be slightly altered to more effectively eliminate the view of the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Attractions:
    1. Soarin’ Over California
    -features a new film that depicts grander versions of each of the lands in the park
    -new film smoothly flows from scene to scene without harsh cuts
    -old film still shown; Soarin’ Over the World not used
    -aviation/hangar themed taken away; queue becomes a cavern-like corridor and building exterior themed to a rocky cliff face

2. Sutter’s Mill Loggers
    -outdoor attraction similar to the Mad Tea Party
    -“logs” sit on three turntables that sit on a larger turntable; each log tips up and down like a seesaw

3. Grizzly River Run
    -all extreme sports references taken away as well as the large wooden bear
    -reminiscent of the scenes from Mine Train Thru Nature’s Wonderland
    - features animatronic bears, beavers, deer, and jumping fish as well as gold and crystal caverns and boulders on the verge of tipping
    -“View the Wonders and Experience the Thrills of the Grizzly River”

4. Eureka Gold & Timber Co.
    -a wild ride through the active mines of Grizzly Peak
    -features animatronic prospectors, drops, and an explosion that in turn throws the train backwards
    -similar to Expedition Everest
    -a very blue sky idea
    -in this ride layout, yellow is loading/unloading, blue is underground/in tunnel, orange is above ground, green dots is a lift, red dots is backwards, and magenta is the spur/storage line

5. Sierra Caverns
    -an interactive attraction where kids can pan for gold and explore

Restaurants:
    6. Redwood Cabin
    -an overlay for the current Taste Pilots Grill

Shops:
    7. Rushin’ River Outfitters
    8. Yosemite Trails General Store

As guests travel through Grizzly Peak or Bountiful Valley, they will eventually come upon another hub. Located in front of the current Paradise Pier bridge, this hub sits in Seaside Village.

Seaside Village
    A quaint Southern California town sitting along Paradise Bay, Seaside Village is a 1960’s surf city setting that celebrates the classic animated films of Walt Disney Pictures.

While still evoking the sense of a surf town, Seaside Village will contain attractions that are based on the Disney animated film cannon. This will be the land most similar to Disneyland’s Fantasyland.

To better block out the view of the outside world, the Grand Californian DVC wing would be expanded over the current Burger Invasion and Pizza Oom Mow Mow area. New restaurants in the park would be located under the hotel wing.

The World of Color viewing area, which will be known as Paradise Park, will remain unchanged from the current remodel plans. The World of Color show will officially be located in Seaside Village although it will be displayed in Paradise Bay.

Attractions:
    1. The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
    -no different than the already planned WDI attraction

2. Goofy About The Beach
    - based on various Goofy animated shorts including Aquamania
    -scenes of Goofy boating, fishing, surfing, and other various activities
    -Fantasyland-style dark ride

3. Lady and the Tramp
    -follows the story of the movie

4. Lilo & Stitch in California
    -a variation of the Lilo & Stitch story in which they visit Southern California

5. Mickey’s PhilharMagic
    -located in the grand theater of the S.S. Monterey
    -variation of the classic attraction

6. California Adventure Railway
    -Seaside Village contains one of three stations of this attraction

7. Seaside Village Boat Dock

Restaurants:
    8. Sand & Surf Grill
    -occupies a completely rebuilt Burger Invasion building

9. Pacific Garden Terrace
    -occupies a completely rebuilt Pizza Oom Mow Mow building

Shops:
    10. The Lighthouse Surf Shop
    11. Various shops

The hub in Seaside Village also has access to Paradise Pier and Route 66.

Paradise Pier
    An amusement pier originally built at the turn of the century, Paradise Pier is a romantic 1910’s boardwalk that displays the innovation and mechanization of California.

Gustav Tinkerschmidt is the proprietor of the pier and will make his presence known. By this I mean guests will be able to easily learn who he is and why he is there not that he will be up in everybody's face constantly.

A new stage for musical performances will be built next to the roller coaster queue.

The most prominent change to Paradise Pier will be aesthetics, including a new color scheme (not turquoise). Also, the “pier over an ocean” theme will be further portrayed with the addition of water behind the roller coaster in various spots that seem to be connected to the original lagoon and two “ships,” the S.S. Monterey and S.S. Catalina. The S.S. Monterey (officially part of Seaside Village) will house Mickey’s PhilharMagic and part of a new Paradise Pier attraction. The S.S. Catalina will only serve as backstage facilities and a show building for the California Adventure Railway.

Also, the whole pier will get the wooden boardwalk treatment. (blue sky)

I have excluded many details from the description of this land for the sake of length.

Attractions:
    1. Silly Symphony Swings
    -the different than the WDI attraction

2. Golden Zephyr
    -a new location for the attraction to better fit into the pier

3. Mickey’s Fun Wheel
    -the same but with all the lights working properly
    -covered queue with Victorian style architecture with cement walls themed
    -exposed mechanism that “powers” the wheel
    -wrap around boardwalk (remember blue sky) that connects to 1 and 2 above

4. Paradise Parachute Drop
    -a new theme and look for the Maliboomer
    -changed to look more like the Coney Island version (blue sky again)

5. Gustav’s Sideshows by the Sea
    -a ride through the wonders and oddities of Paradise Pier
    -also a portion of the ride is a bumper car ring where riders almost collide (possibly trackless techonology)

6. Toy Story Midway Mania!
    -ride system unchanged
    -indoor carnival and toy/game board look eliminated and replaced with more period-appropriate sets
    -remove the idea of being shrunk to toy size or entering a child’s game

7. Mary Poppins’ Merry-Go-Round
    -new theme for the carousel; no sea creatures
    -structure to resemble the carousel in the Paradise Pier model

8. Pacific Screamer
    -updated California Screamin’
    -entrance situated under the east helix, adjacent to the merry-go-round
    -queue partially moved into east helix
    -enclosed station and queue with interior that explains the mechanical marvel that launches the trains
    -cave added before launch, track between the last helix and the station
    -scream tubes to look less tubular and more wooden
    -more barriers to eliminate view of the outside world

9. Tunnel of Troubles
    -the Splash Mountain of the park with drop into Paradise Bay
    -a more evil take on the tunnel of love
    -details not yet created

Restaurants:
    10. Avalon Cove
    -not much menu change (not very knowledgeable of this restaurant)
    -exterior similar with the elimination of turquoise elements that stick out
    -Princess Palace idea scrapped

11. Coastal Confectionery
    -a candy shop that sells “Delicious Treats and Delectable Sweets”
    -an emporium of chocolate, taffy, ice cream, and other candy items

12. Hot Dog Hut

13. Don Tomas

Shops:
    14. Midway Mercantile
    15. Treasures in Paradise

Route 66
    Representing the highway system, car culture, and expansive deserts of California, Route 66 takes guests on a trip through the Mojave Desert and the neon-lit streets of a 1950’s roadside town.

My plan for this land is almost completely based off of the WDI plan for Cars Land. However, I have added attractions and other features. My plan also rotates Cars Land clockwise so that the main thoroughfare comes from the Tower of Terror area not the original Pacific Wharf area.

Route 66 connects to both the hub in Seaside Village and the hub in Hollywoodland.

Attractions:
    1. Radiator Springs Racers
    -slightly altered layout

2. Luigi’s Roamin’ Tires
    -same as planned attraction

3. Tow Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
    -new location

4. California Road Trip
    -still considering other names
    -based on the peoplemover system and the Ford Magic Skyway from the 1964 World’s Fair
    -guests ride in classic cars around Route 66 and through the caverns of Radiator Springs
    -view inside the RSR show building
    -radio voice provides a tour of the land

5. The Living Desert
    - an audio-animatronic show taking place in a cavern
    -the Enchanted Tiki Room of California Adventure

Restaurants:
    6. Filmore’s Organic Fuel
    -supposedly already planned to be a fruit stand

7. Cozy Cone Motel
    -supposedly already planned to be a counter service eatery

8. Flo’s V8 Café
    -diner and soda fountain

9. Route 66 Drive-In
    -new location for the planned drive-in
    -guests eat in cars and watch classic shorts on the drive-in screen

Shops:
    10. Sarge’s Surplus Hut
    11. Ornament Valley Mechanics
    12. Radiator Springs Curios
    13. Ramone’s House of Body Art
    14. Various shops

The hub in Hollywoodland also leads to the final land called Discovery Bay.

Discovery Bay
    Based on a San Francisco of the 1940’s, Discovery Bay is an intimate waterfront setting that celebrates the various cultural and industrial developments of California.

This land is the most blue sky due to the fact that it involves the purchase of the properties southeast to the current California Adventure. However, for the sake of this plan, Disney will own this land. Also, this plan would realign the power lines that currently reside here to run along Harbor and Katella.

Discovery Bay will be most similar to Disneyland’s New Orleans Square. This land is in no way related to the original Discovery Bay idea for the Rivers of America in Disneyland.

The Golden Gate Bridge will span the waters of Discovery Bay. This bridge will be more realistically scaled than the one that currently stands at the entrance.

Discovery Bay will be divided into five areas: Alcatraz, Pacific Wharf, Chinatown, Heritage Hill, and Union Square.

Alcatraz:
    Attractions:
    1. Alcatraz Escape
    -a rollercoaster in which you seek to escape the confines of the prison
    -guests enter the queue on the mainland and descend into the station
    -their train is launched under the water (similar to Big Thunder in Disneyland Paris) and into the show building on the actual Alcatraz Island
    -although this will be the second launch coaster in the park, I feel the immersive theming would offset any similarities to Pacific Screamer (California Screamin’)

2. Alcatraz show building
    -will have an exterior resembling a prison
    -not accessible to guests on the island

3. Island Explorations
    -trails and adventures similar to Tom Sawyer Island

Pacific Wharf:
    Attractions:
    4. Pacific Canning Co.
    -guests float through an abandoned cannery
    -some rooms are flooding out and inhabited with sharks
    -many other scenes

5. Discovery Bay Boat Tours
    -trip around Discovery Bay’s waters

Restaurants:
    6. Boudin Bakery
    7. Bayside Café

Shops:
    8. Various shops

Chinatown:
    Attractions:
    9. Fireworks Factory
    -wild ride through an active fireworks factory
    -show building located behind the Railway

Restaurants:
    10. Lucky Fortune Cookery

Shops:
    11. Various shops

Heritage Hill:
    This area will have buildings in the style of the Painted Ladies and a replication of Lombard Street that leads up to Coit Tower.

Attractions:
    12. Cable Car Chaos
    -ride an out of control cable car through the streets of San Francisco
    -show building located behind Railway

Restaurants:
    13. Ghirardelli Square

Shops:
    14. Various shops

Union Square:
    Attractions:
    15. Rafts to Alcatraz Island

16. Big City Vehicles
    -stops in other areas of the land but guests must exit upon return to Union Square
    -travels around the Bay and across the Golden Gate Bridge

17. California Adventure Railway
    -Discovery Bay contains one of three stations of this attraction

18. Discovery Bay Boat Dock

Shops:
    19. Various shops

Stop here and come back OR continue on to the last section. It's your chose.

Backstage
    Now that I have described all onstage features, I would like to mention backstage facilities. This includes backstage buildings, cast member entrance gates, and also the parade route of the park although technically onstage. This section will also include restroom locations.

The street behind California Adventure will no longer exist. It will be narrower and part of the backstage area.

Any parades will follow the path on the following map. Parades will travel through Seaside Village and Route 66 in either direction.

R. Restroom

1. Offices
    -these three buildings will be the permanent replacements for the three current buildings that were constructed during Cars Land construction

2. Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
    3. Red Car Maintenance Facilities
    4. Boat and Ferry Maintenance Facilities
    5. Railway Maintenance Facilities

6. Parade Storage
    -western building seen as the S.S. Catalina from onstage and also a Railway show building

7. Pacific Screamer Train Storage
    8. Eureka Gold & Timber Co. Train Storage
    9. Various Maintenance Facilities
    10. Cast Member Entrances

This concludes my presentation of my ideal California Adventure. Unfortunately, because I wrote and developed my ideas over a period of months, some of my ideas have changed slightly. For example, I originally planned Bountiful Valley to be two separate lands with a different layout. This, being a huge difference, has been changed to properly present my ideas; other, less important or obvious changes have not been edited in their entirety, but I digress. Thank you for reading this extremely long plan. Before comments on whether or not any of these ideas are possible to develop, I would like to remind you that this is a blue sky plan. If you want me to elaborate on any lands, attractions, or details, feel free to ask.

Part of the FutureImagineer Project Series
    Futures projects to be released soon!
    Last edited by FutureImagineer; 01-31-2010 at 12:08 AM.

• Minion

Re: My 'Disney's California Adventure' Project

Awesome! Absolutely brilliant! I really like all the thought and details that you put into this! This would be the IDEAL DCA!!!

• Minion

well I may be the first to have read through the entire thing, but the only thing I must say immediately is that the parade route should also go through hollywoodland if possible, but sounds amazing, oh and I'm not sure if the BVS names are actual cause originally the theme was gonna be to old cartoons but now its old LA
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• keh!

you a vast amount of great ideas that i would prefer filling the park with instead of what WDI is doing now. i like the idea of a river running through bountiful valley (i never liked that name), but instead of the California River, how about the Kern River? it has more of a CA tie to it, i've never heard of the CA river ; )

i like the SF area, it's similar to an area i once thought of. seeing lombard and the coit tower would be awesome. and i like how you filled in the current empty areas of the hollywood backlot. great job on the ideas.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

That is some amazing effort, and it shows how DCA can be made great, regardless of what people say.

Wow! I agree, stellar effort! Unfortunately, I am one of those to whom you will never sell this DCA concept for Disneyland. Los Angeles City Hall? Alcatraz? Well, perhaps this park area will have some appeal to those who would like to live in the movie "Chinatown". But you are certainly to be commended on a great job well presented!

• Choir nerd

Nice! This is so much better than what they're really doing.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: My 'Disney's California Adventure' Project

Very nice. I too would like to see the California reincarnated in something more respectable and reminiscent of Californian history. Good job!

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Wow... you put some serious thoughts into this. I like almost all the rides, and actually they don't seem too far fetched except for cost-wise. Great job!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.23.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• Armchair Imagineer

Very nice, but it looks like some of your showbuildings are too small for the attractions they contain. Maybe you could compare them to Disneyland showbuildings of similar rides and make sure you've given yourself enough space.

• Banned User

I don't have time to read everything, but after skimming through this, I must say, I already like what I'm going to be reading in a bit (after work). This contains some of the best ideas I've heard of. Great job!

Amazing!!!
    What a park this would be. Better than TDS!

• Minion

Wow! You've had alot of Similar Ideas! Great Ideas! Loved Some but disliked others! Great Thinking!

• Big Al fan

Wow. All I have to say is that with these ideas, the whole park as a whole would benefit an actually a top-notch Disney park. Great job!
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It definitely took me a long time to compile all these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Very nice, but it looks like some of your showbuildings are too small for the attractions they contain. Maybe you could compare them to Disneyland showbuildings of similar rides and make sure you've given yourself enough space.
    I actually did make a lot of comparisons to Disneyland and other Disney parks showbuildings. I used Bing maps to find the square footage of those existing structures and use that for my design. But there was a lot of squeezing this attraction here and that ride there plus some of my buildings are uniquely shaped.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast